Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 11-30-2011, 04:17 PM

What is the link to get to the Members Monthly Partner page.?
Originally Posted by MadeinMaine View Post
This is a continuation of the previous Monthly Quilting Bee Block Swap. If you have already signed up under the old verson, you are still signed up for the new one. All rules remain the same -

Each month, you will make one block for an assigned partner who will make you one in return.

1. You will receive a swap pal name and address along with the color scheme or theme of their quilt.

2. You will have ONE month to make one block for that person and send it to them. The blocks must be 100% prewashed cotton, 12 1/2" x 12 1/2" unfinished (12" when finally sewn into a quilt). You can make them in any fashion - pieced, appliqued, paper-pieced, embroidered, other methods - as long as you follow your swap partner's specifications to the best of your ability so their project can be unified.

3. Your name will be assigned to someone else who will then do the same for you.

4. At the end of the month all the names will be reassigned. Please send a PM to the hostess prior to the end of the month if you wish to have your name taken off the list.

5. Participants may change their theme if they wish by sending a PM to the hostess.

6. New members may join at any time but may have to wait until the next reassignment of names to receive a partner. ((However, many participants are willing to do extra swaps - so it may be possible to find an interim partner for you)).

PLEASE NOTE: We have several international swap participants, so occasionally your partner may be in another country (which means it will cost slightly more for you to send their block).

Please join the fun - a great chance to make blocks & new friends !

[Approved by PatriceJ on 3 Aug 2010]
Old 11-30-2011, 04:40 PM

The page that says please do not post on this page is where she will post the new partners I think.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:02 PM

Thank you, I think whatever we do we should do the best we can and use all our resources inside us to make a work of art.
thanks again, my joy of quilting is when someone who gets my work really enjoys it.
R
Originally Posted by karielt View Post
rfbrazell you do wonderful work....

Waiting for my December partner .... jingle bells jingle bells hummmmm..... You better watch out you better not cry..... hummmmm....... Over the river and throught the woods to grandmothers house we go dumdeedumm........ Can't wait
Old 11-30-2011, 08:03 PM

I really like the Christmas Packages Block they are so cute, and the depression blocks look lovely too! Great Work! Donna

Originally Posted by mlgrami View Post
hope this works,,, pic for "oldcatlady" and "difergie"the package blk was sent to "oldcatlady" and the "depression blk" was sent to defergie for the nov.blk..yea!!!!! molly
Old 11-30-2011, 08:04 PM

AWESOME!! ROBERT!!

Donna

Originally Posted by rfbrazell View Post
Hey LJD,
Here is your Nov block. I hope it is the cardinal you like. this was the first time I combined embroider and painting.
Happy November.
Robert
Old 12-01-2011, 05:29 AM

Robert, everyone is so right, you love your work and you do beautiful work..
as for the "package blocks, they are from "from fons and porter....quilting celbrations....fall and winter edition... if ya can't find it , let me know and i can send you a copy of th epattern...molly
Old 12-01-2011, 08:49 AM

Has anyone gotten their partner for December? I'm still figuring out the new site are we getting emails or is there somewhere I need to go look to find out my partner?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:08 AM

Thank you Molly, and I love the package blocks too. I could see a christmas lap quilt done with all different fabulous christmas prints for the bows with a sparkley background. Hmmmm, maybe I would like a copy of that epattern too.
All the best,
R
Originally Posted by mlgrami View Post
Robert, everyone is so right, you love your work and you do beautiful work..
as for the "package blocks, they are from "from fons and porter....quilting celbrations....fall and winter edition... if ya can't find it , let me know and i can send you a copy of th epattern...molly
Old 12-01-2011, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by karielt View Post
Has anyone gotten their partner for December? I'm still figuring out the new site are we getting emails or is there somewhere I need to go look to find out my partner?
Look for the list later this evening. It is in your "Group Listing". The easiest way for me to find it is look under "Community" above and then click on "Groups". There is a line that says "click here for partner list" (or something like that, can't check while I am typing). Last time I checked, MadeinMaine had not yet posted the pairings.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:16 AM

Default For the Dragon Queen. Cindyluella here is the other Dragon I was telling you about.

Here is the 3rd installment of the Dragon Trilogy......I will be sending them tomorrow to you. Just a reminder that I didn't trim them so you can make them what eversize you want. The black background is 23 inches.
All the best.
R
Attached Thumbnails sdc10371.jpg   sdc10373.jpg   sdc10374.jpg