MUG RUG #2 - Closed/Full

Old 04-17-2013, 09:26 PM

Please no blood shed. I will have the names out next week. just be on the look out for the notice.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:33 PM

thank you, nel! that will work nicely for me as i finish up all the other stuff i'm supposed to be doing while i'm on-line teasing brat. but it is so much fun! hope dusty'smomma's ear is doing ok. all three of my kids had ear tubes and they helped tremendously! if i'd only known it was my smoking that was causing them all the trouble i'm sure i would have been motivated to stop. my poor kids! well, they all 3 have made it to adulthood and seem to be having interesting good lives, so what's a few earaches? gosh, i really hate thinking about it! well, really, no time to think! must go sew!!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:02 PM

Vanginney, I had to go back to the fabric store to figure out exactly what it was I used... turns out it is Pellon #2107 cotton fleece. I'm thinking, though, that any thin batting will work. I've got two different pieces of thin batting that I fished out of the remnant bin that I have yet to test that theory with.

Originally Posted by vanginney View Post
Love those selvage quilts (especially the bookshelf), but I don't think I have enough fabric with selvages or patience! The other pics from members look great. I want to make mine nice and thin and flat....any suggestions on the right type of batting. My partner last time sent two beautiful ones which where super thin - in a good way. My regular warm & natural is too bumpy.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:04 AM

@Argentium Thanks! Did you make the 50 cut? Anyone here would be so lucky to have you as a swap partner. You make awesome mug rugs. Friends who stop by always comment on your creations I have them out all the time.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:47 AM

Cheers Nancia on !!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:16 AM

I have tried to follow this last page and Lord have Mercy I am SOOOO Confused!! Ha!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:42 PM

oh, i should mention that i quit smoking after 32 yrs of it. my dgd has never had an earache because none of us smoke any more. i am not one of those rabid ex-smokers. smokers come to their right time to quit and then they do. or not. my decision was totally financial. i couldn't stand paying nearly $10/day for something that just went up in smoke. i had tried countless times before, including hypnosis, behaviour mod, accupuncture, counselling, pills, patches, cold turkey... and some would last for 2 or 3 months, then, zap! back to my addiction! this time it has been 14 yrs. i know if i ever pick up another cigarette i will be hooked again. funny thing is, i smoke in my dreams. i am looking for a clear picture of a snapdragon. that was a fun test! and i'm happy with my flower.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:57 PM

I have been smoke free 19 yrs.

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
oh, i should mention that i quit smoking after 32 yrs of it. my dgd has never had an earache because none of us smoke any more. i am not one of those rabid ex-smokers. smokers come to their right time to quit and then they do. or not. my decision was totally financial. i couldn't stand paying nearly $10/day for something that just went up in smoke. i had tried countless times before, including hypnosis, behaviour mod, accupuncture, counselling, pills, patches, cold turkey... and some would last for 2 or 3 months, then, zap! back to my addiction! this time it has been 14 yrs. i know if i ever pick up another cigarette i will be hooked again. funny thing is, i smoke in my dreams. i am looking for a clear picture of a snapdragon. that was a fun test! and i'm happy with my flower.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:15 PM

I've been smoke free for 10 years. The youngest son kept having tonsil issues. I took him to a different doctor and he said you don't know why, really. After he proceed to educate me, I stopped and would go outside. About the second time in the pouring, cold rain I decided it was time to review that habit. I stopped and I'm healthier and no more problems with the son's tonsils.
I know if I ever smoke another, it would be game on. I still can't believe the smells I can smell now and the tastes I didn't taste as a smoker. To each their own, I just choose to remove myself from being around it.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:23 PM

but every now and then doesn't it smell heavenly? for a brief moment, out of the blue, i will crave a cig in a rush so strong i think i'll die if i don't have one. 5 minutes later it's as if it had never happened!
i have to say ladies, congrats on quitting and staying quit! people who have never been addicted to cigs have no idea how much it took to get to where you are today! i'm really proud of you!!