Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast

Thread: MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed

Quote Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 View Post
    Hi Kathy...and other nice friends. Here is the link to pics of my first attempts at making MR's. The bird one is what Momma_K got. :-)
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...ml#post5793965 My post was #396

Here is a picture of my sweet little Birdy!! Isn't he adorable!! I never found my camera but I did use the camera on my cell!

Name:  Mug rug 3.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  173.6 KB
    Thank You Lord for answering my prayers, in this I am truely blessed!

Quote Originally Posted by buddy'smom View Post
    Oh, this is so cute, I love sue!!!
    Thank you! Me too! I wanted to do something a little old fashioned. I had planned to use more of the colors she said she liked, but when I got on a roll, I just couldn't stop. I almost added a picnic blanket and an owl peeking out of the tree, but I couldn't decide on the best way to put them on since it was a thought that came after the foundation seams were done and getting the effect I wanted at that point would have been a challenge.

Just got in from my fun job at our local quilt shop and a package had arrived with a beautiful MR. Lisa you did a great job for a beginner. This will be used and admired on my desk at my day job. Thank you.Name:  DSCN1208.JPG
Views: 275
Size:  997.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Hi CAS,
    I'm sorry I didn't post sooner I received my Mug Rug Saturday and have been trying to get a decent picture since then. First I had to charge the battery then I got a picture but then I tried to post it and couldn't get it sized down to a size that would load to the board.
    I love the Mug Rug it is perfect it is under my tea cup on my night stand at this moment. You are doing better at FMQ then me I haven't even tried it yet so don't worry about it, it is great.

Again Thank you,
    Donna C.
    dconroy84

These are the mugs rugs I sent to marytoddliz. She had quite a time the other day, but wanted to post these. So I will make it easier for her and post them myself. Glad you liked them Marybeth !!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Donna H-M; 01-30-2013 at 06:15 AM.
    Donna

Donna, I just love your mug rugs! That is such a neat valentine design and coordinating fabric. Where did you find the kitty design? When you posted that last week I was thinking... oh boy, I wonder if that will be mine.

Jan

I think everyone is making adorable mug rugs. Insulbright I would think is fine. I used it in a tablerunner I made last month as well I was thinking hot dishes on a table.. that is what my dinner ones are for to keep the hot dish off the table aside from looking all pretty so it certainly wont hurt. I did find quilting it if I was not careful gave it a bit more pucker than regular batting when the needle went through on the back. so slow and larger stitches stopped that.

I have had silent partners now two months in a row however they did make their items and post they received. They simple didnt chatter. Its frustrating a bit because I like to get to know my partners. The non secret thing is great because then its a sure thing (or closer) you write, you talk you know they are excited to receive your item and you theirs. Here you dont know if they will post.. if they like it.. if people are going to follow through with their items. Usually if someone posts I am working on it .. the hostess can then know ok they are alive and well and participating.. and we know the same.

I mailed my two now waiting on go for mine. Tracibug want to trade an easter one maybe? I have oodles of easter fabric.. pastel easter or bright easter. I am up for another trade with you if you like. pm me I still have to mail another one i have made as an extra for my friend Sharon in NZ. She has these adorable new baby kittens Sharon post your kitten pic so everyone can want to hug them to pieces too. so cute.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
    I am checking on how to get us a different site just for out photos..I will let ya all know when I find out.
    Thanks Nelda. I think it would be wonderful to have a place for all the photos. Especially with this mug rug swap there has been such variety and inspiration created by every one.!!!!!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Okay-- here is the site where you can post your photos of your Mug Rugs. Lets keep it just to pic and we can make comments here on this site.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mug-rugs-t212468.html
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

That coffee mug rug is really cute Pam1111. Did you sew the rick-rack on after?
    :-)
    CAS

Yay Donna, I'm happy you like it! I took a picture just in case. I did NOT take a picture of the back where my attempt at FMQ really shows, I found an easy way to get pictures the right size. After you upload them to your PC right click and "send to mail recipient", there should be a prompt to send a smaller size. Then just mail it to yourself and save that picture.
    Name:  Sewn 001.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  79.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by dconroy84 View Post
    Hi CAS,
    I'm sorry I didn't post sooner I received my Mug Rug Saturday and have been trying to get a decent picture since then. First I had to charge the battery then I got a picture but then I tried to post it and couldn't get it sized down to a size that would load to the board.
    I love the Mug Rug it is perfect it is under my tea cup on my night stand at this moment. You are doing better at FMQ then me I haven't even tried it yet so don't worry about it, it is great.

Again Thank you,
    Donna C.
    dconroy84

CAS

I'm loving seeing everyone's mug rugs! Mine is in the post but have not posted a pic so that it's a surprise. Nothing received my end yet, but it will probably have to travel a long way.......waiting is part of the fun!

CAS - my fmq is also a bit dodgy especially on the back! I'm hoping my partner doesnt mind tooooo much! Lol!

Not only am I so inspired seeing everyones art, I am anxious to for my gal to get hers.
    Colleen

It is what it is !
    But it will become what you make it.

Mine should be delivered today. hope she likes it.
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

I got the pretty Bee one! I wasn't Sandy's SP for this swap but I commented on how much I like it and she sent that and a coaster to me. How sweet is that?

Thanks again Sandy!
    CAS

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Nothing in the mail today, maybe tomorrow. It's been snowing here for 2 days, I'm sick of it and it's cold....a whole 20 right now, but suppose to get to 3 tonight. Hate winter!!

Is this location ONLY for mug rug swap here, or can we post any mug rugs we've made or received?

Okay-- here is the site where you can post your photos of your Mug Rugs. Lets keep it just to pic and we can make comments here on this site.

Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Oh wow, I just clicked on the link and see that I have already posted one photo but there are lots of comments. Maybe you could put at the top of the page not to leave comments, only photos, or is it too late?
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Quote Originally Posted by MaryMazz View Post
    Attaching a photo of what I will be sending to my partner. Happy quilting!Attachment 390523
    I LOVE this one... Is there a pattern somewhere?
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by wraez View Post
    Is this location ONLY for mug rug swap here, or can we post any mug rugs we've made or received?
    I want to keep it for the this swap at this time.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Blog Entries

can we post pics if they haven't been recieved yet?

I got my lovely gift from Gina today! She sent me two mug rugs and a beautiful dark green mug that matches the backing and binding on the bigger 'rug'... I'm having some coffee in that mug right now. The cute "coffee" theme rug has a spoon pocket with a shopper lady on it (funny) and a beautiful quilted motif for your cup to sit on. I moved the mug to the side so you could see it, I hope. She also sent a smaller Valentine mug rug. I have that one at my computer and the bigger one where I sit and knit in the living room. Thank you so much Gina, for the super gift!
    Attached Images Attached Images

http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    I wish i would have gotten someone who was chatty, dont even know if my partner likes hers. I know she should have recd hers by now, but nothing heard yet.i dont know nothing about her, nothing on her personal was listed either. Made ithard to make something special for her. Hope everyone is happy with theirs. Keep the pics coming

Blog Entries
    Cute rugs!
    Ronda

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    I wish i would have gotten someone who was chatty, dont even know if my partner likes hers. I know she should have recd hers by now, but nothing heard yet.i dont know nothing about her, nothing on her personal was listed either. Made ithard to make something special for her. Hope everyone is happy with theirs. Keep the pics coming
    Same for me Lynnie, my swap partner received her package on Monday. I haven't heard anything to date, maybe she is out of town. I really am enjoying seeing all of the variety on these mug rugs.

Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast