Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast

Thread: MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed

Here is a photo of the wonderful mug rug I received from Nelco. I love it and some wonderful tea to enjoy as well as a great postcard. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are two photos of the mug rug I'm sending to my swap partner. She likes yellow and lives across the ocean from me. I hope she likes it. I put some wool on the edges and zig-zagged over it.

I'm finished with mine and they will be in the mail today. Heading NW of me. I wasn't happy with the binding on the first one, so did a second using the backing folded over as binding (please don't rat me out to the quilt police!). I decided to send both since my recipient is married and might want to use both.

Name:  mug rug swap.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  159.4 KB

*Sure seeing some really cute mug rugs! Great job everyone!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    juanita is sending me a mug rug! I could be north of her I know it. Dustys mom what an adorable mug rug tons of work there girl bravo to you fit right in next to the sofa, and of course I could snag that pink striped one or perhaps the adorable tomato one. There is an odd tomato joke around here too .. unable to post it joke but I have a glass tomato actually two that go on the christmas tree given to remind me each year .. ahh. so it could be mine and your in on my secret.. ok send them send treats send send send you all made me hungry again! ok its 8 and I forgot to go eat dinner. guess I should eat good for me food not cookies and such. frosted cookies. I think its been probably 20 yrs since I had a frosted cookie. my aunt used to make these biscotti that had an anise glaze so good. last frosted cookie I had. in fact the only type of frosted cookies I have ever had .. yikes. ok they have cookies with frosting? seriously is it like cake frosting? or is there a different type for cookies? inquiring minds and all..
    Linda, thanks for the chuckle!! Here I am down with a lousy cold and you're like a fresh breeze!!
    Patty
    Last edited by Baloonatic; 01-28-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Sent my MR out this morning......it is traveling way way west and is pink pink pink.
    Hope you like it ........

forgot to say the mr should arrive 01-31 (Thursday).
    very pretty mr's I'm seeing here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryMazz View Post
    Attaching a photo of what I will be sending to my partner. Happy quilting!Attachment 390523

I was the recipient of this handsome fella. I sent Mary a pm to let her know he arrived safely at his new home. He's perfect for me as winter is my favorite season and I love snowmen.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    Lucky you Dabbler! Love your mug rug! I mailed out some packages today, including my mug rug, heading east! To a zipcode totaling 10 if you add them together!
    Ronda

Smile

That teapot mug rug is absolutely adorable. Hope I am the one getting it. HA!HA!
    Snownannie

Blog Entries
    Mailed my MR's out today! Heading south of me.... My first MR turned out to big so made another but sending both... Hope you can post pictures... :-)
    Gigi07

Learn from Yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

Some very cute and original mug rugs out there. They all look great.

Blog Entries
    I agree...super cute mug rugs so far...can't wait to see more! These are a couple that I sent out today, but to someone in a different swap, so it's okay to post them here. Had fun making them. As you can see they are for Valentine's Day.

Ronda

I got a really neat mug rug today from Mawluv! I love the different fabric she used and all the different quilting techniques really add accent to the fabric. Thanks a bunch I will use it with pride.
    may you be in heaven before the devil knows your dead!
    Liz

Hmmm... One going to a zip totalling 24... could be mine! But It's not cold here...
    The other going WAY west... Could me mine also!

Where are the teaser pics!! And Should I just post the full pics of what I made? I'm shipping them tomorrow.
    Megan
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/K9Creative
    Happiness is a new quilt and an old dog.

My lil chili dipper (Dusty hates when I call him that! ) shipped out mine today. The postman should be delivering it on Thursday. He was supposed to put something extra in it. I told him it should be either candy or mug related, so there's no telling what he picked.

Blog Entries
    Correction... sorry

Mailed my MR's out today! Heading SOUTH WEST of me.... My first MR turned out to big so made another but sending both... Hope you can post pictures... :-)
    Gigi07

Learn from Yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

Name:  20130128_080002-1660886581.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  328.9 KB

I still have to quilt mine, which should happen after school tomorrow. They're kinda large, like mug rugs with delusions of placemat-hood, but that's just more room for snacks, right? :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Well I received the cutest Mug rugs you could imagine. I know I saw the cats posted, I will go hunt them up so you can see them again! (I am truly sorry, please don't let Linda AKA "leBrat" hit me because I gave her a big ol' promise that I would post pictures today) But my secret pal Donna H-M sent me a really cute cat mug rug and a Valentine one. They are truly adorable, thank you so much!

Now on to my HUGE excuse as to why I still don't have any pictures... I went to the PO, boy was it crowded, I mean crazy the day before Christmas crowded... The rates changed and you would think that everyone in this little town had to go and tell the Postal workers their opinion! I heard a lot of complaints, and I heard a lot of well why don't you just raise it to 50 cents and be done with it!... OK you get the picture I was there a really long time!

When I finally got to the Post-guy I handed him my packages and a few letters and said I want to mail them and I want confirmations, he smiled and was very nice, OK where do you want me to send this one? Oh boy that would be my Mug rug and darned if I did not put the address on it! So then I had to go back to my Mom's house down load the address put it on the mug rug, going a really really long way away... (that was a small hint) then I decided to stop at walgreens since it was closer, got in to the camera dept and realized that I could not find the chip from my camera! (don't be to surprised, usually I can't even find the camera) but I had just had it in my hand, I remember it in my hand when I was talking to the guy at the post office... Well I went back to the PO and the guy remembered me, asked me if I had the address on the package, yup... oops AGAIN! didn't have the package with me! But he did have the chip, small miracles happen in small towns, they remember everyone!

By then I was tired, and had to meet my sister at the retirement home so we could have dinner with Mom. my sister and my Mom both think I am the one who might be in need of assisted living! Tomorrow I repeat the day, hopefully with better results! And the totally strange thing is, I usually am not quite so bad!

So my very patient partner is going to get a Mug rug that has a story, and Linda Lebrat' can't yell at me too much, because you ladies won't let her~ Right???
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    Thank up so much for the mug rug I love it. The cards were so nice they were a surprise, my girls loved them.
    Claudette Gulley
    Gingerbreadmamma

Mine is all ready to go and will be shipped out tomorrow. Here are three clues as to who it is going to;

1. zip = 22
    2. I haven't been able to find any posting from her.
    3. Here is a pic of the back with her favorite colors.
    Name:  the back.JPG
Views: 218
Size:  63.2 KB
    Colleen

It is what it is !
    But it will become what you make it.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Leaves me out, wrong zip, I post, not my fav colors. It looks pretty for some lucky person out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mary quilting View Post
    I 'm going to try to get to P.O. tomorrow
    I got your MR's today... well I probably got them Saturday, but I went to my parents house for the weekend to sew and apparently catch a cold. Thank you, I love them! In fact, I have some of the light blue material in my stash...

Name:  2013-01-28 22.22.28.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  82.5 KB

LE BRAT IS BACK. HAH you think you can stop me from razzing you? you are oh so mistaken Ms.Marytoddliz I think you absolutely need razzing but not for what you think. ITs for stealing MY MESSED UP DAY. were our moons aligning? did our witchy things get together and say hey girls its TIME? sheesh. now I wont tell you about my day. nope not going to mention MY postal experience nope nope you cant make me. but you can beg and maybe?..

oh fine bet ya I beat her silly excuse for getting free laundry service, food three times a day and well all those other perks at the assisted living. Ready? I left the house to go to the post office and market and pharm. Ok get to the post office figure heck no one in the lot will zip on in and mail my packages. Yeah! I put things on the counter and here things begin to decinigrate. First off I had put this table runner for a dear friend on the counter. Going to give it one more quick over. I had put it in the drier with a damp cloth and a static thing to help pull any cat hairs that might have snuck on it before I sent it. she is allergic. What I did just before I left however was say. honey can you take a pic he says put it down over there and he would so i did. thanks! put it in the bag. ok take a look at it under the florecent lights and think holy hell there is CAT HAIR on this. For the next thirty minutes with a damp rag I am wiping looking wiping looking leaning down sideways. ok clear next section and so on think ok check the back put it back on the counter RIGHT IN the area where I had wiped stuff off on. ok then wipe, lean down, wipe lean down. finally I think we got it all. I had her check with me when I finished a section paranoid oh no please no more. GREAT tada one in a box. Second is a small set of these cool little boxs I found for a member here so pretty mother of pearl and great. I put them in another box so they wouldnt break. we wrap them all up in a box tape it shut I put her first and last name and then say hey where is the mail to? couldnt find it. call home nope its not there. ok look in the truck. nope its not there. She is kind enough to say here is my phone number just call me I will add it and you can pay me tomorrow dont worry. such a sweet post office lady. I go to the pharmacy. they need blood work insurance giving them trouble wont pay. oh ok let me go find that for you. otherwise its over 180.00 um not. so go to get won ton soup forgot chinese is not open go to market to get stuff make it myself. come home light inside this brain goes on. uh the address is inside the box that is now taped up ready to mail. The girl is sweet enough to cut the box open get it out and retape it for me.

Great day huh? oh and the shower. not happening. see the doc called at 10 am to cancel and reschedule on me for the fourth time. so.. winners day? I guess. i made a good soup, sewed a bit, got out and got fresh fresh air. learned how sweet that girl is. also know I get the first opening at that adult home before marybeth can even think of moving on in.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

ps still not seeing either of my mug rugs posted. one was received. the second i hope got there today. sigh we will see and those are cute rugs you guys made. I think those who are sending larger ones will find they will be really loved so no worries. I like larger! and oh oh did someone stop to pick me up candy? ears perking up..
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast