Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast

Thread: MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed

These are all so cute, great job!

Terriamn

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  278.1 KB

Coloring is way off but this is the mug rug I sent along with a couple note cards.

Terriamn

sorry that was my first time sending a picture, something sure was wrong any ideas?

Terriamn

Well I got all the applique done on mine last night. It took a while with all those darn little pieces out of so many fabrics! I have to admit though, it's darn cute! Now I have to decide which of the 8 fabrics I used wants to be the backing fabric. I'm thinking it should be one of the ones that was in the teaser pic. So, I'm going to do that, sew & do the pillowcase flip, then I have 1 more little thing to applique that I want to show through to the back, and she'll be ready for mailing.

It's very spring/summer, and has a touch of the old fashioned that I was looking for without being completely so. I did find that there was something I should have done before the initial three seams the other night though, or I'd have had 9 fabrics! Actually, I could probably make an applique work though. Hmm, decisions decisions!

Blog Entries
    I'm seeing some super cute mug rugs! Love the variety!
    Ronda

one last tryName:  small mugrug.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  11.8 KB

Blog Entries
    This is so much fun seeing all the wonderful creations. Still waiting for mine but today is Saturday so there is a chance I might get it yet today. If not, I will just keep waiting for next week and enjoy all the other pictures. Great work everyone. Love everyone's creativity.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Great mugrugs everyone!!! Love that yours, tulip43!!! Purple and brights; my colors definitely but also saw the one posted by terriamn, that one is lovely, too. Hard to decide which is the prettiest; what the heck, they ALL are. LOL
    I would like to make another mugrug myself and then decide which one to send out.
    Sudden trip coming up next week and so I will mail out before the deadline and also hope that DS will check and open the in-coming mail while I'm away so I can respond to my swap partner and hostess of my mugrug's arrival.

Still waiting on mine too. Maybe today

Hey ladies. just a really quick question. I am an angel [volunteer but they call us angels] at Give Kids the World here in Kissimmee Florida. {look it up if you would like} They offer childern who have been diagnoised with terminal illness a week TOTALLY expse free week of fun. Disney and universal and Sea World, air fare, transportation and much more. Anyway, I also sew pillows for these children. In the castle they get to come in and go to 'Elmer' the tree. He lets them get a pillow from among his branches. They tug and pull on a vine then the tree starts to shake and then when they look in the trunk, they have their own pillow. You should see the eyes on these kids. AMAZING. off track again...sorry. Looking for fat quarters that are kid oriented. Does anyone know where I can get them cheap. The pillow is an envelope form but there is a pocket on the front. Just really looking for cheap kid friendly fabric since this is all donation work. Thanks for all your help!!!! The second pic is of the pocket on front and the third is the back. I always tell the kids when they leave 'Angel wings, Butterfly kisses and Faere Dust all around.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Angel Wings, Butterfly Kisses and Faere Dust for all!!!!

Peggy {Boop56}

try this site bugfabric.com/
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    Just finished this valentine mug rug this morning. I am planning on sending this to my partner along with another mug rug.

JanAttachment 389958

So VERY CUTE and I prefer tea to coffee AND these are my 2favorite colors....so....this MUST be coming to me in Texas right? Huh? Huh? Am I right? pAAAALEEEESEeEEE With a cherry on top? Oh forget the cherry just send this precious tea set TO ME! Lol

Whoever does get this will be very happy!
    As I am sure we all will be with the ones we get!

But just in case......I thought I'd put my 2cents in on it
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

Planned on making mug rugs all day today. But feeling a bit under the weather today slept instead.. I need to make some for very late Christmas presents too. Maybe tomorrow morning before granddaughter's 3 rd birthday.
    I do know what I am going to make that's half the battle.
    may you be in heaven before the devil knows your dead!
    Liz

You are very welcome TammyB, glad you like them! I actually live just right outside of Tampa but it is easier to say Tampa!!

Blog Entries
    Mug Rug is finished, wrapped and ready to mail Monday! Hope it makes someone smile.. Have a good weekend all!!
    Gigi07

Learn from Yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

Well one of mine was delivered and an nice note was sent to me unfortunately no pic yet huh? I didnt take any my camera is broken so was hoping to find it here. such is not the case I see. shooteroonie! well maybe the next one will show up and a pic will be posted. I hope I hope!

today is my friday nite!!!! yippppe i think I am going to..sleep. yup too tired did some handwork the clinic today and feel good got that done so less guilt just resting. tomorrow can be an industrial day for me.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    OK, what do you all think??? Here is the mugrug I made and it is going in the mail Monday, it is going East and a little bit angled to the south.. I hope she will like it. Name:  20130126_190956.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  109.7 KBI was trying for a little whimsy, with using the back ground fabric I did It is a little larger in size due to the pattern I used. But more room for cookies! hehehehe
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Blog Entries
    have i mentioned i'm all in favor of cookies? i have my beautiful mugrugs so i'm not hinting or complaining, just stating a natural born fact! lol! i am ALL about cookies! years ago, pre-marriage, dh-to-be and i had co-ordinated t-shirts made. his had big ole cookie monster on the front and said, "cookie monster LOVE cookies". mine just said, "COOKIES"! LOL, right across my "cookies"> product placement! rotflmcookies o.!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    Ireland, Your MR is fabulous. Your swap partner will love it. Thanks for sharing a picture.

Nancia, I love your sense of humor.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

I love it..

Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
    OK, what do you all think??? Here is the mugrug I made and it is going in the mail Monday, it is going East and a little bit angled to the south.. I hope she will like it. Name:  20130126_190956.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  109.7 KBI was trying for a little whimsy, with using the back ground fabric I did It is a little larger in size due to the pattern I used. But more room for cookies! hehehehe
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

cookies like soft cookies or crisp cookies? hum maybe I should go check what we have see if I can draw her out with bait.. um chocolate chip CHECK oreos CHECK and spice drop pfferneuse soft inside crisp outside.. CHECK other than that we are out of cookies. guess what we had for dessert? oranges, apples and grapes. I only had the last two but they were delicious. much better honest. so if you come i will fix you hot tea and cookies ok? or espresso like coffee and cookies? wine and cookies? oodles of wineries right around here just down the hill. YUM.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    So many pretty mug rugs just keep coming.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

I agree, JuneBillie....all of them are small works of art..just love seeing the new pics as they come in.

This is the mug rug I sent to my partner..hope she likes it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

How could she not like it, it is darling. So many great ideas.

Terriamn

Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast