Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed

Blog Entries
    'brat-- i would love your kitchen! i tried to buy a house that had all the original appliances in pink and the metal cabinets, too. i LOVED that kitchen! but someone else bought the house for more money. always the way!lol.

i'm really not a pinky girly girl, tho' i like pink and lace and stuff, but mostly i'm into modern. i love the angular lines and the clean colors. i look at some of the art from that time, mondrian, le courbousier, andy warhol, those are some of my faves. and then i love flowers, and cocker spaniels, cats, and paris, and just about everything else. and i love bright joyful colors!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Funny, my kitchen is red/white. I have a 50's table & chairs, just love it, made red/white checkered curtain topper for my window. My kids think I'm crazy.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Funny my kitchen is red/white. I have an old fashion table/chairs, 50's style. I made red/white checkered curtain topper for my window. Just love it.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Blog Entries
    dusty'smomma-- how are things in denmark? are you loving that baby to pieces?? i know i would be! then again, are you getting any sleep?? have a very merrychristmas!!

my kitchen is twice the size of a phonebooth. it's only here because it came with the house! lol. seriously, i have very little wall space and what there is , is a very soft, tuscan-like orange. in daylight it looks yellow, but in night lighy you can see the orange aspect. it took about a quart of paint to do the three coats of painting, so when i say small i'm not kidding! i would love a fifties look kitchen! i'm living in one of the first housing developments in the country, built by mr. levitt. houses are all 60+ years old and still going strong!
    Last edited by nancia; 12-23-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
    Momma_K it is Random Act of Kindness and the 26 are for the children that got killed.
    Boy do I feel stupid! I really knew that but forgot! Thanks Nelco...
    Thank You Lord for answering my prayers, in this I am truely blessed!

Blog Entries
    Ok, I'm signing up for this. I have the week off so I plan on doing some sewing.

Nancia, things are cold in Denmark! I haven't gotten to hold him yet. Grandmother was here until his bedtime the day we arrived, then I started with a cold. We went shopping yesterday, then I got much worse and so I was in bed all day today except for meals and a shower, so I woulnd't give it to anyone. It's moved from my sinuses to my ears and throat already now. I'm on 3 different medicines over the counter, plus 2 different cough drops.

But, 1 of the stops on the shopping trip was a local fabric shop. I found 1000 meter spool of thread for $4 that I was told is a good brand, so I got 3 of them. Fabric is very expensive here though (solids on the remnants rack were about $12/meter, where I can get them at Hobby Lobby for about $8/yard). I got 4 remnants (each at least 30% off) and 3 spools of thread for $35-40. My boyfriend's sister-in-law says she will keep a look out for me in that store though, and will pick up some good deals as she sees them.

I was interested to see that the store did not carry Guterman thread, but did carry Guterman notions such as snaps, hook/eye closures, etc. Lots of small skeins of yarn and knitting supplies, but not crochet. Pillow forms, but no quilt batting. Also, much of the fabric in this shop was heavier weight, not quilting cotton, or t-shirt materials. This could be because it's winter now and the temperatures will stay around freezing until spring. The days are so short right now. Daylight around 9am and pitch black darkness before 5pm. I can't imagine living here full time in the winter. In summer though, it's still daylight at 10pm, which isn't so bad.

Well, it's 2:20am here and I think I've got my couching under control for a bit, so I'm headed back to bed. Tomorrow is the Christmas feast and grandma will be back for most of the day. I'll be back on the 25th or 26th to check in again.

Merry Christmas~!

Dusysmom, I'm feeling what you feel, I've been in bed most of the day but with bronchitis and a very sore throat with a bad cough. BUt whats worse is you being over there and coming down ill. So sorry! Well I hope you get to enjoy the rest of the trip....Oh, I can't find it anymore but have you tried Thera Flu? Thats about the only thing I've found to help what ails the crud!

Blog Entries
    wow! we're a bunch of sickos! sorry to alll who are feeling crummy!so far i feel some better today. i have lots to accomplish and no time to do it. it's entirely my fault since i procrastinated! everyone, get well quick! have a very merry, non-sneezy, christmas!!

Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    wow! we're a bunch of sickos! sorry to alll who are feeling crummy!so far i feel some better today. i have lots to accomplish and no time to do it. it's entirely my fault since i procrastinated! everyone, get well quick! have a very merry, non-sneezy, christmas!!
    Nancia, I'm glad you're feeling better. Today is the first day in nearly 2 weeks that I've felt like doing much of anything. My daughter has been sick everybit of two weeks and still can't shake the stuff. Most of hers is a head thing now. BUT! It could all be worse and so thankful it's not! Have a wonderful Christmas to you and everyone here!!

Blog Entries
    momma k-- i hope you are at the end of it and are feeling better daily. i'm still tempted to blame the shingles shot as my arm still has a lump, and is down to pink (not red), and itches. a good local reaction and perhaps a lowered resistance. i'm just sorry anyone has to be sick for the holidays, or at all, for that matter! but i'm with you on wishing all the happiest, merry christmas, and may we each have a stunningly good new year!!!

Blog Entries
    My kitchen is red w white polka dots. Next yr. In the dining room, im putting up wainscoting and chair rail, the top will be white, flat and shiny strips about 12" each. My curtains match the rest in red w polkadots. Of course beachy or cats will always f
    do me.
    gingermomma hope i get you. Love them little guys too.
    Last edited by lynnie; 12-25-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: add

Blog Entries
    i love this glimpse into everyone's homes, without being peeping toms, lol! i still like to drive at night and see inside the homes as i go by. just for decorating tips!

It is isnt it ? I see pink and red and gingerbread men with roosters beaches and cats .. ah just like home! I recall distinctly being yound and everything had to be matchy matchy. Now its all about eccletic and heck if you change your happy spot you can whip in a few new colors items and well there you are again. I am thinking maybe some little vintage curtains for my kitchen too! Merry Christmas everyone. Thanks for a wonderful year spent playing with me here. I love this board. It is.. my happy spot.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

WOW, I have the wainscoting in my kitchen as well.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

I hope everyone is feeling better. After 2 days in quarantine, I came out for Christmas dinner and gifts. This morning my son got up stuffy and both my boyfriend and his sister in law had a sore throat. I've tried so hard not to give it to anyone so the new baby won't get it! They have something similar to Theraflu here that I've been taking and some truly tasteless cough syrup. We're off to my boyfriend's mom's tomorrow for 2 nights, then the back to his brother's for 1 night before we fly home. I'm out of new books on my kindle and my ipod suddenly won't hold a charge. It's going to be a long flight home. At least I have the Dune series I can reread!

I will be moving over the next 2 weeks with my one daughter. She bought a house and closes Friday..The kitchen has wood floors and log cabin type walls...I love all colors, patchwork, and dogs..basically anything you would want to make will be loved!!

Now that things are almost back to normal I can try to sample some mug rugs to see what I can come up with. Practice makes "real good" but never perfect! I can't wait to get a name!! Uh, I mean...MY name is Kathy, I mean I need a name...I mean for the rugs...the swap...Ohhh you know what I mean! Ha!

Blog Entries
    Here's a peak into my kitchen and dining room. I have roosters in my kitchen on the walls, on the curtains, and on some dishes and cannisters. I have a beautiful display cabinet in the dining room (to keep my collectibles away from cat paws) with music boxes, bud vases, cat figurines, teddy bears, teacups and saucers, and special mementos. I have a pretty good collection of vintage and modern sewing machines spread all over the house, as well. hehehehe

Ann we are to much alike. My kitchen is also done in ROOSTER. and according to my gs i have 62 different kind of roosters in my kitchen. I also collect dolls and have them displayed in cases. and have 6 vintage sewing machines in my quilt room,and an old table i use for cutting that my husband built about 40 yrs ago.
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

We are having to much fun pecking into each others homes. Gives me ideas for fixing up mine
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

I need to decide what to collect or decorate with. My kitchen is plain, unless appliances are decorations.
    I do have poinsettias garlands above the cabinets now, but another week and they're gone.
    :-)
    CAS

I might of forgotten that where ever you look in my apt there will be some kind of frog. Be it stuffed, or musical, or small they are all over. Even in the bathroom They have even taken over my front yard.

Oh!...22 days tell we all get our names.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Quote Originally Posted by Nelco View Post

Oh!...22 days tell we all get our names.
    Yippee!!!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Nancia, where i live we have condos. There are seven different models. Three od them are very popular and the other four, only a few of them. We have 886 housee where i live. Any given time, at least,2-4 are on the market. Here's where i get nosy, and the rest of us homeowners. We go take a look to see what everyones done to get ideas. Some people knock out walls, put in cllosets. One guy had a jacuzzi in his bedroom!. I have a skylight in my bathroom. Some close a wall and open another. And guess what, we all do it. Its fun if you have nothing to so on a saturday afternoon.

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast