Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Needlecase Exchange

Blog Entries
    It's sew adorable. It's whimsical, bright and vintage. Wow, Nessie, you sure did get me. I am so lucky. Thank you again.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    Wow, Neesie, how darling. When I was scrolling down the page and saw the furbaby, I knew it had to be from you. The egg pages are so clever. Yeah!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Name:  IMG00132-20120622-1845.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  379.8 KBName:  IMG00133-20120622-1846.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  379.9 KB

Here is what I received from my partner, Sassy in Tennessee and it is so cute!!! Love the fabric. This has been such a fun swap!

Just got internet back, after being without since Wed. PM. Talk about withdrawal!!! LOL

Judith, I'm so glad you like the chickens . . . and that I don't have to give any more "hints!" Thanks for the compliments, everyone! :::: wearing big grin :::::

Yes, the note card picture is of my Phoebe. A friend made them, for me.

SOOOO many cute needle cases, so far!!! I see one and think, "That's my favorite" . . . until I see the next one!
    Last edited by Neesie; 06-22-2012 at 03:47 PM.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Blog Entries
    wow, they are all great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just passing through!

Blog Entries
    Pam, fantastic needlebook. That is such a cool idea for the thread. And, how perfect is that fabric. Your secret pal did a great job.

I am enjoying all the different needlebooks still coming in.

Oh, and Nessie, I am grinning ear to ear....I got to leave you your first feedback score!!

I have never posted a picture before and have been trying and trying to figure out how to do it from my IPad. Can anyone help?

Blog Entries
    Hello Caroline, Just saw this posting. Great fun and am I too late to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinePaj View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Our as the last needlecase was so successful I thought I would organise another! So come on – join in and have some fun.

Okay here are the rules:-

CONSTRUCTION:-

1. The case does not have to be quilted, although it surely can be, but it must be handmade - not shop bought.

2. It must be made of 100% cotton fabric or wool felt. Embellishments and pretty’s are very welcome as is applique.

3. The size and shape of the case is up to the individual creating it, but should not be smaller than 4” x 3”.

MANNERS: Please remember to thank your partner. Just a simple post is great. Please also let me know when you send and receive so that I can mark my records and make sure everyone receives a needle case. It would be great if you could post a picture, but if you are unable to post a picture, please ask your partner to do so. Much of the fun is seeing everyone's creations. Also, please understand that this board has members with differing skill levels and you will not necessarily be sent to by somebody at the same level as yourself...... so, love the creation you are sent, whatever the standard of sewing, piecing, quilting. We all started somewhere and the most important ingredient in our creations is love!

PLEASE PLEASE REMEMBER TO LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU MAIL AND RECIEVE!!!!!!

PARTNERS: You will be allocated a recipient in this exchange. You will send to them, but they will send to somebody else and so on!

EXTRAS: This is a secret exchange so please please ensure that you put a card in with your exchange so the recipient knows who has made it. If you can, give a few details about yourself.... it is lovely if we can get to know each other a little better. This exchange is for a needle case only. It is not necessary to put other items in with your exchange but you can if you feel you would like to.

SIGN UP: Sign up begins today and ends 8th June 2012. I’ll will assign partners as early after the cut off date as I can and I will let all participants know who their partners are as soon as possible.

DUE DATE: The deadline for all needle cases to be mailed is 29th June 2012 so there will be plenty of time to manufacture your creation. Please get proof of posting so that we can try to trace lost packages

Now for the fun...... to sign up please fill in these details and PM me

1. Name

2. Address

3. Email address

4. Favourite Colours

5. Can you post internationally?

6. Do you have allergies?

7. Do you have pets?

Hugs and looking forward to another fun exchange!

Caroline
    Jigs1354
    A clean house is the sign of an empty mind, a house has to be done again tomorrow, but hand work last for ever.
    By Unknown

Neesie cool needle case you made!!! Is it time to go rescue fabric????????????????
    Family is a priority, not a convenience!
    Take time to be friendly... It's the road to happiness.
    Take time to give... It is too short a day to be selfish.

So glad you like it, Pam. Hope the scissors work for you. It is sometimes hard to use them with them attached to the needlecase but I manage. Can't wait for the next exchange, Sassy

Quote Originally Posted by judith1005 View Post
    oh, and nessie, i am grinning ear to ear....i got to leave you your first feedback score!!
    yay!!!! Thank you!!!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Rubye in Clinton TN I mailed you a package this morning. Hope you enjoy it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goldsberry921 View Post
    Neesie cool needle case you made!!! Is it time to go rescue fabric????????????????
    I've got DGD here, this weekend, and we're using up some fabric . . . so YEP! Gonna have room for more rescues, soon! Have you been rescuing, this week? Oh, what a silly question! Of COURSE you have!!!
    Neesie

~Richard Dawkins

Blog Entries
    The idea of tying the thread onto the needle case is such a clever idea.

Suzan
    (Maine)
    Choose to be happy

Blog Entries
    Neesie and Pam what pretty needle cases. The chickens with the egg pages is such a great idea. Pam that needle book with that fabric is just right.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Blog Entries
    Lynnie your needle case has so many neat places in it. You will be kept busy for sure, and also so pretty. Someday maybe I will tackle one like that.

Susan

Blog Entries
    Oh Nessie....I am going to rescue some fabric this week. Hmmm, some solids, and mabe a fat quarter or two. I surely do like this idea of rescueing fabric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
    I've got DGD here, this weekend, and we're using up some fabric . . . so YEP! Gonna have room for more rescues, soon! Have you been rescuing, this week? Oh, what a silly question! Of COURSE you have!!!

Blog Entries
    My partner recieved hers on the 16th but no word from her haven't gotten mine either well maybe Monday excited too its my frist needle case swap!!!
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

Awesome needlecases! Mailed mine out I think Thursday, going West. She should have it one day next week.
    After 2 years with the same signature I have been requested to remove it. Bye

Got my needlecase!

Lynnie sent a wonderful little case. It stores a spool of thread and contains a pincushion. You can see her perfect stitches on the end, and the nice machine stitches on the case.

Name:  057.JPG
Views: 191
Size:  1.74 MB
    This is not alowing me to add more files.
    :-)
    CAS

Blog Entries
    CAS the needle case is very nice. Pretty colors, and your right about the pretty stitches. I tried to peek inside, but it wouldn't let me. Yeah, sometimes those files can be stubborn.

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    Lynnie sent a wonderful little case. It stores a spool of thread and contains a pincushion. You can see her perfect stitches on the end, and the nice machine stitches on the case.

This is not alowing me to add more files.
    Pretty!!!!!
    Neesie

~Richard Dawkins

Blog Entries
    Lynnie post inside pics, if you have them, great case!
    Just passing through!

Blog Entries
    It's lovely - I love the colors you chose

Suzan
    (Maine)
    Choose to be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
    I received my needlebook today....wow,wow,wow, and it is adorable!!! Thank you Nessie! I love it! Nessie sent me an awesome whimsical needlebook with a ton of extra goodies. I can't wait to share with you. Nessie is that your little furbaby on the front of the card you included? So cute.
    I've been stalking this swap.. cause I'm new. LOL. This is so cute, I laughed out loud when I saw the "Egg" shaped felt for pins. Too funny. So cute... all themed.
    "Wimpy Christian's won't survive spiritual warfare"- Carman

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast