Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Needlecase Exchange

Blog Entries
    Cas, Linnie, Awesome needlecase. The album idea is perfect. I love to put pictures in my albums.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Amazing needle case!!!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

What a cute idea, egg shaped felt for the needles. Adorable!!!!
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

My pals needle case will be in the mail tomorrow, it is NOTHING like any of the adorable ones I've seen so far, but I think it's adorable in it's on way and hope my pal does do.
    Lets see a hint: hum.....
    (1) It's going to a state we once lived in
    (2) it's going to my favorite state
    (3) it's zip code adds up to 12
    (4) the cute chicken needlecase that Nessie made for Judith would fit right in, with this states icon
    hum.......who could it be??????
    (5) oh oh one more, my pal's pal has already received her needlecase......I've seen pictures of what my pal sent her pal
    Who is it?????
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

Blog Entries
    Sadly it's not me .......................

Suzan
    (Maine)
    Choose to be happy

All of the needlecases are really so pretty and very creative. Can't wait to see them all. I haven't received mine but am anxiously waiting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
    My pals needle case will be in the mail tomorrow, it is NOTHING like any of the adorable ones I've seen so far, but I think it's adorable in it's on way and hope my pal does do.
    Lets see a hint: hum.....
    (1) It's going to a state we once lived in
    (2) it's going to my favorite state
    (3) it's zip code adds up to 12
    (4) the cute chicken needlecase that Nessie made for Judith would fit right in, with this states icon
    hum.......who could it be??????
    (5) oh oh one more, my pal's pal has already received her needlecase......I've seen pictures of what my pal sent her pal
    Who is it?????

well.... it can't be me, my zip adds up to over 30!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Could it be me
    (1) ?
    (2) ?
    (3) zip yes
    (4) The Big Chicken
    (5) My pal has received hers
    I hope. We will see. I am anxiously waiting .
    Last edited by mary quilting; 06-26-2012 at 05:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    Hey, Cas, I checked your album, and it only has 6 pictures in it, according to what mine says: 1 to 6 of 6. Hope you can get the others into it.

Blog Entries
    My needlecase is going in the mail today. Last week I said it was going west of South Carolina, but I didn't say whether due west, south west or north west of South Carolina. Actually it is going north west of South Carolina, and the town's name starts the same as my town's name starts.

Blog Entries
    i have not been getting posts!! somehow my subscription got dropped. anyway, i have finished my first needle case and will send it out tomorrow, BUT i am so unhappy with the way it came out i will be sending a better one when i make it! i don't want to miss the deadline and make anyone have to wait. so please forgive the first one and wait for the 2nd, please!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that I posted my eedlecases today. I have two partners as I missed somebody and had to pair myself with two... (lucky me).

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    i have not been getting posts!! somehow my subscription got dropped. anyway, i have finished my first needle case and will send it out tomorrow, BUT i am so unhappy with the way it came out i will be sending a better one when i make it! i don't want to miss the deadline and make anyone have to wait. so please forgive the first one and wait for the 2nd, please!
    Awwww, I bet the first one is just fine and the new owner will be very happy with it! I think we tend to be a lot harder on our own work, than on others'.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Blog Entries
    My sweet swap partner got her needle book I sent her today. I am so glad you like it Caroline. It was the first time I had sent across the pond. She is planning to put up some pictures in the next few days.
    Nancia, I am with Neesie, I am sure it is just right. You made it with your love so how could it not be? I am still learning, but the swaps help me to push each time just a little bit more. I have my first needle case here I made for myself, and it is pretty bad compared to the later ones. Nancia, I can't wait to see it, so I can enjoy it too.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Blog Entries
    Nancia I agree with Neesie and JuneBillie. This an opportunity to try different techniques, fabrics and designs. Happily it's an exchange, not a competition. Whatever you have made will be perfectly acceptable to your partner, I'm sure.

Suzan
    (Maine)
    Choose to be happy

Blog Entries
    Nancia, we want to see it, right now!!!! Just kidding!!

Susan

Blog Entries
    darn, ladies! i'd love to show it to you, but it's all wrapped up and addressed and ready to be mailed in the morning. oh, wow, i forgot to take a picture of it!! i use so much tape i just can't unwrap it. but my secret friend will get it, and maybe show it. or not, as it will be.

Blog Entries
    Yes, maybe she will take a pic, and show it.

Susan

When I signed up for this swap, I didn't stop to think about how crazy my life is this time of year! I am a secretary at a local high school and one of my major "projects" is prepping for graduation. Very long days that leave me exhausted. Throw in a few "life incidents" as DD calls them and June has been chaotic!

My sending partner was obviously ready before she got my name - my package arrived the day after I got the name of the person I was to send to! I didn't want to open my pkg until I had one ready to send. The one I am sending is ready to go; after I make a quick stop on my way home this afternoon I will be packaging it up for mailing tomorrow.

I'll have to post a picture of my rec'd one from Quiltymom (Sue) later... haven't used my camera in a while so it needs to be charged. It's so pretty - the fabric is lovely and it closes with a very pretty ribbon, which I think is a really great idea. She also sent me some of the coasters that hold a wine glass; they are done in a patriotic fabric so are just perfect for the upcoming 4th of July!

Oh, forgot to send a hint or two on where mine is going - although the list has been narrowed down a bit as so many have been received...

The needlecase I made will be heading south. When driving to our FL home, we often stay overnight in her home state at is it just over half way. She's married and a very busy woman! I did wait to get her color preference before starting to make her needlecase - she made it quite easy in that respect.

Blog Entries
    If I'm the lucky one I will take lovely pics of it

Suzan
    (Maine)
    Choose to be happy

I just realized that I am going to miss the deadline for mailing.. Not by much, but just letting you all know. I'm not going to be home until the 29th - so my needlecase will be in the mail on the 30th...
    I got fabric.... Now I need time .
    Theresa

Blog Entries
    Nancia, you are out numbered since I also agree with everyone else. We are not in competition but loving and encouraging support of one another to push our selves a bit and try new things, have fun and learn from each other. Take yourself off that hook and breathe a sigh of relief.... ahhhhhh. Doesn't that feel better?

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    hmmmm, i didn't realize we were supposed to give hints! (and btw, thanks everyone for the support! it's just i know i can do better and i'm embarrassed that i didn't achieve my best.)
    now, for the hints-- my recipient lives in the state we honey-mooned in! we were on one of the many islands. i did not use her preference for bright colors, but i did use some very saturated colors. she loves colors from one of my most favorite places in the world! and i didn't use those colors either! lol, are y'all starting to pity this poor girl?! i used some fabric that i just love and have been waiting for something like this swap to use it. and yes, it was made with love! dear recipient, i hope you like it!

Blog Entries
    I'm betting Alaska or Florida and therefore not me. And I think Florida is more likely as your honeymoon destination as I've seen your clever mini quilt of the lady in the pool Nancia which indicates a love of sunshine. So either way it's not destined for the Maine woods.

Suzan
    (Maine)
    Choose to be happy

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast