Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW SWAP!  Disappearing Four Patch quilt blocks! >

NEW SWAP! Disappearing Four Patch quilt blocks!

NEW SWAP! Disappearing Four Patch quilt blocks!

Old 12-08-2013, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by MaryMo View Post
I initially thought 2 batiks with black but after auditioning some batiks I am in favor of 1 batik with black. Thanks Jane for giving us input in this decision.
You're welcome!

Jane
Old 12-08-2013, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Maybe I need to change some of mine also to more bright. Let me know I can make some more blocks. I'm just a "matchy" person. I went from light to dark. Tell me which ones to change ladies.
Jaba - they're just fine.

Jane
Old 12-08-2013, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Muse&Sew View Post
Do we get back one of our own blocks? Or should we make an extra one for us to keep?
If you'd like some extra blocks for yourself, consider using a 1/3 yd cut of fabric. You'll get 16 five inch squares.

Jane
Old 12-08-2013, 10:38 AM

Thanks Jane, you did get my blocks in the mail didn't you, mail said they were delivered last Friday???
Old 12-08-2013, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Muse&Sew View Post
I'm such a visual person, so since I've never made this particular block before I looked at wannaquilter's & jaba's beautiful blocks to see if I switched them correctly. The placement on their blocks is not the same, so which is right? Or does it even matter? Thanks for setting me straight!
The short answer is this: Jaba's blocks are laid out the same as the example I posted at the beginning. The long answer is: they're both fine and I certainly don't think wannabquilter needs to change her blocks. They're very nice. It has to do with how much you turn the center 4-patch.

Does anyone have any concerns about this? Please let me know.

I hope I answered your question - - -

Jane
Old 12-08-2013, 02:45 PM

Take a look at dottie dodge's link at http://www.northwestquilters.org/bom.html. If you are a visual person, the blocks shown for months December and June might help you to picture how to place the colors. But they have 2 prints with only one background. The original tutorial given for this swap at http://sewwonderful.blogspot.com/201...o-9-patch.html didn't address the layout for 4 prints... so Jane provided the example in post #2. It's understandable that wannaquilter and jaba each made the block differently-- it's a little confusing! :-) Jane's example shows both sets of diagonal squares being treated the same way. ...It's even confusing to me to explain it! Hopes something helped here. :-p
Old 12-09-2013, 06:15 PM

I have a question....I have not read through all the posts, but here goes.... Does each block have 4 different fabrics in it? 2 different brights and 1 white with black and 1 black with white?
Old 12-09-2013, 09:13 PM

Deenatoo, Yes, all 4 squares in the block are different. You don't need to read all the posts-- where you see the page numbers, upper right of your screen, click on 'Last' to get to the beginning of the thread to see the posts with instructions and and a pictured example. Jane's a wonderful host, making a great swap for us. I'm doing the 30's block swap right now, but I plan to sign up for the batik swap that's coming up next month. It's a great little block that is sooo versatile! It's cute in all the examples I've seen. I hope you join too! :-)
Old 12-10-2013, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by deenatoo View Post
I have a question....I have not read through all the posts, but here goes.... Does each block have 4 different fabrics in it? 2 different brights and 1 white with black and 1 black with white?
Yes, you are correct. How many sets are you making?

Jane
Old 12-10-2013, 06:55 AM

Thanks for both of your answers. The first block I made I screwed up....I just made it with one bright and one black/white. It looks good, but when I looked back at the samples, I realized it was not right. I wanted to make sure before I went on.

Jane...I will make 6 sets. I just moved and most of my stash is still packed, so it has been challenging to find stuff. I had been collecting black/white to make a quilt of all black, white and red....I have not located the box yet, but I know it is marked so I don't have to open all the boxes to find it.

Thanks again,
Gerri