Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-10-2013, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Well, today was the day. I tried out my new PP ruler with the 1/4" lip on it. It is fantastic. Worth every penny I paid for it. (Should have bought it on Amazon! But, I didn't. I was in a hurry for it.) My Bee Block practically made itself. And the video tutorial was fabulous. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv2gKMx9CCM

Now, that being said.... I didn't account for user error. I bought fabric I hated. And, found out it was kinda of thin. Problem 1. Problem 2, same problem as problem 1, only, it was a white print fabric. Then of course, I was using the free pattern "Circle of Geese" from here: http://piecebynumber.com/circleofgeese.htm. Well, half my geese went clockwise and the other half went counter clockwise. Yep, I will be re-doing the entire block tomorrow including new fabric. But, the 1/4" PP ruler worked fantastic! I highly recommend it.
Sounds like something I'd have done! That was just a trial run and doesn't count!
Old 10-10-2013, 03:28 PM

Well I managed to crawl out of the hole long enough to do a tiny bit of shopping today. Picked up some _______, a ________, and some ________ for my SS. Hope she likes. She hasnt posted much here but that also depends on what you call much. As you can see some of us post alot, not mentioning any names.

Well since it seems that Dreamer is the leader in naughty I have to ask, May I please have another day of leave from the hole since my son would like me to join him on his field trip tomorrow and I also need to finish up my shopping for my SS. Please, I promise to be really naughty over the weekend and ill bring back goodies to the hole. LOL
Old 10-10-2013, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
Walking Dead starts again on Sunday! I'm addicted!. Who else watches the WD besides me?

Anyway, SS Hint. You DO NOT live in the WD state.
I do, Love it!
Old 10-10-2013, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by pyffer3 View Post
Haven't posted in a while......for my SS I know I didn't give any help when I signed up (kinda last minute and did it in a hurry), but here's more. I like purples and teals, bright colors. I'm still too chicken to try anything complicated! I could use a good pair of scissors, a seam ripper (or 3-LOL). I haven't tried fmq, but have been interested in starting with a border stencil and see how I can do with that (I just need to follow a pattern or guideline, something about doing it without makes me nervous), marking pens that wash out. I like odd pincushions (homemade too), angels and windchimes. I hope these ideas help (if you get on the board).
My first quilt was a mystery quilt. It was so easy to follow step by step. I'm hooked on mysteries now.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:46 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]440620[/ATTACH] My SS lives west of the Mississippi and the zip code adds up to 20. I'm out of the hole for now to do some more shopping for the swap, it's soooo much fun!

Jan
Attached Images  
Old 10-10-2013, 04:29 PM

Just found what my SF (secret friend) wants on line! now I cant post till it arrives. I just hope she hasnt already got it!but it was on her list!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]440620[/ATTACH] My SS lives west of the Mississippi and the zip code adds up to 20. I'm out of the hole for now to do some more shopping for the swap, it's soooo much fun!

Jan
Not me mine is 22 where are you Santa???
Old 10-10-2013, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
I'm not giving any clues as to who my santee is because I'll be posting soon and the stamps on the package will be a clue in itself!!! Also when sending international, keep in mind Quarantine regulations. Some countries (like Australia) wont allow seeds etc in, so if you're sending a pin cushion or thread collector stuffed with rice or anything that they cant identify by xray, they wont let it thru. Some foods (like honey)aren't allowed either. Just thought you might like to know.
I learned that the hard way one year, didn't I? Boy, Girl, you've jumped right in here to have lots of fun, didn't you? I told you it would be fun...life is just so hectic for me right now that I read & lurk...that takes so much of my time to stay caught up...this is just such a chatty bunch! Love it!!! My ss pal has not posted since we got the names, so I'm trying to get a couple things made for her that I hope she likes....... Ok, everyone...get over the crud you're NOT passing around...& prayers to the others that need them...............
Old 10-10-2013, 04:46 PM

I know who my Secret Santa is...
Old 10-10-2013, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
oh sounds like a awesome ruler.......
Oh MAn, THIS IS AN AWESOME ruler!!! Especially if you paper piece, I don't know how to PP with it!!