Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-18-2013, 01:06 AM

[QUOTE=SulaBug;6355041]Good Morning to you too,
I hope you have a great time at the quilt show today. Be sure to take lots of pictures. My fingers are crossed that you will bring home three ribbon's!! Please drool on all of the pretties for me, okay?

I'll be posting pics in Pictures of the show. Lot's of eye candy to see. I really think we outdid ourselves this year & the show is not heavy with Judy Niemeyer quilts!

As for clues, well, I could get really specific with them, as I've now got my own super duper deluxe to fly around on & really know what my Santaee's house & neighborhood looks like. How about this one? You also have a back porch!
Old 10-18-2013, 05:01 AM

Good morning Santas and Santa-ees! LOL! I have egg on my face...boo hoo! I am a bad, bad Santa!@ I didn't wrap even one little giftie and my box has flown the coop already...on the other hand...Santa never wrapped anything he brought to our home and had I wrapped things, I would have had to send a LOT less goodies...so...I will go wash the egg off my face and continue on!
Old 10-18-2013, 06:05 AM

My take is that the RULES are set down at the beginning of this thread. Everything else would be considered suggestions. We can use whichever of the suggestions we care to use. The rules are non-negotiable. I'm participating for the second year and have been grateful for the guidelines suggested by more seasoned quilting friends but decided to let this be, first and foremost, FUN. I enjoy gathering goodies, from quilt shops and from my stash. The anticipation of how my ss will receive the package is definitely the highlight for me. That's not to say I didn't love my own bounty last year.....and look forward to having the same thrill this year.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:10 AM

Morning - got my name and address. Am excited about this swap. Thanks for hosting this one. Margaret
Old 10-18-2013, 06:46 AM

No, wrapping the gifts is not a rule....but it makes it more fun...
Also, if you happen to open your box...(and it happens every year)...you will know in an instant that this was not your order that you were expecting. hehe!
If you haven't wrapped your stuff....oh well. Please don't worry about it....we are all friends here. This is a fun swap.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:19 AM

Whew! Chatty, chatty, chatty!!
I've finally found a few minutes today to get on here and check on all the naughty and nice people. That hole out back is pretty noisy. I'm ascared to go and look for fear of what I'll see/find in there. lol

If you are unsure of any of the rules, just ask. You can send me a PM or you can ask here on the thread. Your question will get answered one way or another.
As to wrapping the gift(s) in the package, it is not required but as was stated, there have been some people that were expecting packages and accidentally opened their Secret Santa package. With the things wrapped, it not only makes it longer for the person to wait to see what they have, but it's also fun.
I think those that do wrap, it's because they just want to have fun, that's all, not a requirement. I think I've spelled out the rules pretty good, but that's why I always say...if in doubt, just ask.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:40 AM

Coffee for me.
Originally Posted by skaduzy View Post
I think I like coffee better but.....tea is good too!
Old 10-18-2013, 01:34 PM

Trying very hard to be good, but it's really hard with all the goodies in the hole. Didn't get much done the past few days because I developed pleurisy from the copd attack. It really sucks but at least all my handmade items are done unless I see anything else I want to make. Got lots of cute little trinkets but have a fewore to add. Hopefully will be ok to get that done this weekend
Old 10-18-2013, 02:50 PM

Got my secret santa package today. Oh how long to wait to open it up. Thank you
Old 10-18-2013, 03:06 PM

Well gang, I'm home from the quilt show. Good news! 3 entries...3 ribbons! YAH!! My 2 customers that entered their quilts both took home ribbons too! WOOHOO! Great day! I just posted all these pictures in the Pictures section under Canton, TX quilt show. Go take a look, you won't be disappointed! Did I earn some rum from the hole tonight for all my hard work?? Huh, huh, huh???? Have a good evening all, I'm tired & we still have tomorrow to go on the show & then break it all down!