Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-13-2013, 06:55 AM

[QUOTE=dreamer2009;6346566]
Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
I'm almost afraid to ask . . . but what is Krumkaka?[/QUOTE

Krumkaka is a Norwegian waffle cookie made of flour, butter, eggs, sugar, and cream.
Ahhh! Well, that's not so scary!
Old 10-13-2013, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bullock2us View Post
Amazon.com and walmart.com have it. The Hugos amazing tape I mean
That tape sounds a lot like Saran wrap.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
Oh, two boxes. Twice the fun. I think I may know what this is although I am not going to say since it may ruin things for the person getting it. I will just have to wait like everyone else in order to find out.
I don't think so! And if I can find a box that it will fit in with every thing else I just might decide to box it all together. You just never know what I'm going to do!
Airwick, I copied your recipe for Easy Fudge and emailed it to myself. Nestles Chocolate chips were on sale this week and I bought a few packages for hioliday baking. Yum! Yum!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:43 AM

That tape sounds a lot like Saran wrap.
No, Nessie....Hugo' s Amazing tape is a plastic (?) tape, non-sticky, that literally sticks to itself. I use it to bundle things together like leftover wallpaper and contact paper rolls, stack of patterns, wad of pencils, etc. It can be used over and over again....FOREVER! I love it.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Wonnie View Post
No, Nessie....Hugo' s Amazing tape is a plastic (?) tape, non-sticky, that literally sticks to itself. I use it to bundle things together like leftover wallpaper and contact paper rolls, stack of patterns, wad of pencils, etc. It can be used over and over again....FOREVER! I love it.
The original Saran Wrap is plastic, non-sticky, and literally sticks to itself. It can be a real bear, to UNstick it from itself. It also has a bit of stretch to it, so that it can be molded around food or a bowl. It can be used to bundle things together. It can be used over and over. Static cling makes it stick to itself. Although it's probably not the same thing, it's very similar.

The Hugo tape actually sounds like a much smaller version of what hardware stores use, to bundle things together.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:56 AM

[QUOTE=dreamer2009;6346566]
I'm almost afraid to ask . . . but what is Krumkaka?[/QUOTE

Krumkaka is a Norwegian waffle cookie made of flour, butter, eggs, sugar, and cream.
I don't use butter in mine, just eggs, sugar, heavy cream, flour and cardamom. They are great with a little powdered sugar. Only down side is you make them one at a time. Takes from 30 minutes to two hours to make a batch.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jean D View Post
Hi everyone! I am home for the night and no time to catch up on ALL the msg. I am vending at a quilt show here in Iowa and the vendor next to me has given me a DEAL on fabric! Ah-ha I knew that would get your attention! (Fabric and deal in the same sentence). 24 batik fat quarters for $20 all bagged and ready to go. She only had 4 bags and ONE of them is mine for a special secret pal! They are beautiful. I can't wait to start wrapping. I was all excited telling my husband and his eyes glazed over-men just don't understand fabric deals!
Oh, Oh, Oh, I asked for and stated that I love batiks. What a score and the luck person getting them will be in heaven.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:09 AM

I have that amazing tape and wrap it around my spools of thread to keep them from unravelling. Trouble is, I tend to forget I have it, and therefore don't remember to use it. One other thing, don't drop a piece on the floor, you can't see it and then wonder why your shoe is making a strange noise when you walk. Hmmmm, amazing tape on foot, there it is!!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 01:28 PM

I completed a shop hop this weekend and took advantage of some great sales. I think I've picked up a lot of great things for my SS. I need to make a few handmade items but that'll be another week or so. Still traveling back from my weekend getaway, then I have some work travel beginning tomorrow, kids have three days off from school this week, and I a thirteen year old's birthday festivities (plural!) to plan this week and execute this weekend. Refreshed from my weekend getaway so bring it on!

If I'm one of those people who didn't give enough info (I think I did!), have someone send me a note! I don't want to cause undue stress for what should be a really fun swap.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:52 PM

Is there a phone in that hole? How will you order pizza, get your fabric ordered, and schedule pick up for your SS packages ? For my SS, I love reindeer so good luck getting that in a box....