Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-31-2013, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
OK, maybe I looked at 2011 instead of 2012, is 8 p.m. eastern better for everybody? Sound off folks! Dec. 8th, 8 p.m. eastern time......or 3 p.m. eastern time.
I seem to remember that 8pm makes it a better time for our European quilters...
Old 10-31-2013, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Hello Secret Santa, I am letting you know I received your package today. Safe and sound, only a little wet. Ms. Postmistress got a little wet bringing it to me. By now, all dried out. Whew, this is going to be torture. I always enjoy how absolutely sweet and generous a complete stranger is. How they always seem to send you something so perfect. So, I am thanking you now and will definitely be back to visit on opening day and gush over all the surprise's in your box. The next few weeks of looking at that box are going to be torture! lol

Today, I was able to just about finish up on a special goodie for my SSP. So, I am going to definitely make one more item to pop in the box. In fact, I have a part of it all prepped in my work bag and I will work on the hand sewing part later tonight when things slow down. Tonight, I am prepping a couple of areas to put out some new winter stock. So, sundresses get packed away tonight. But, there will be plenty of time to fit in a couple of _____. lol

Off to pm Terri. I hope yall are having a good day.
Should I send Tink to scan that package, Judith??? You know how good she is at detecting whether the sender had dogs...
Old 10-31-2013, 06:17 PM

There has been a lot of rain here....so please wipe your feet before raiding my stash.....
Old 10-31-2013, 06:17 PM

Sent my package off today!! Should be received on Saturday!! Keep an eye out!! Lol
Old 10-31-2013, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
That's pretty sad, that your person hasn't posted even once. I think a lot of the folks just see it as a 'box swap' and nothing else. I don't understand that way of thinking. If I just wanted stuff, I'd go buy my own. My SS-ee isn't active in this thread, either . . . and I really, really wish she was! I'm having fun trying to guess who has my name but it'd be much more fun, if I could tease someone, as well.

Well, my SS-ee's gift is almost finished. I've been working on something, that's been giving me trouble. Was using something, that I've used many times before, but got a bit too 'serious' with it and learned that too much 'attention' will render it useless. I discovered this, just as I thought the item was finished. Had to start over, using an alternate method, which requires quite a bit more time, between steps. We're talking nearly a day instead of minutes (between steps), to do it properly. Murphy's Law, in action! I just hope my SS-ee likes it, when she gets it.
Hazel B doesn't post any at all because she doesn't use the computer. She just celebrated her 90th birthday and was a fabulous seamstress in her day. She loves sewing but because of vision issues and other health issues she has not been able to sew in about 8 years. She loves hearing about what we're doing in the naughty corner and the hole... She also loves seeing the quilts that everyone makes and posts pic.
If you are her SS don't think she doesn't like being here... computers terrify her...
Old 10-31-2013, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
lol now if thy get something from Canada thy won`t know who it`s from......he he he
Me too, I'm from Canada! Who could it be from...
Old 10-31-2013, 07:46 PM

ha ha ha there you go......plenty from Canada ...now who could it be?????
Originally Posted by Bilben View Post
Me too, I'm from Canada! Who could it be from...
Old 10-31-2013, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
I seem to remember that 8pm makes it a better time for our European quilters...
Not correct, I'm afraid! Didn't get to join in the fun last year as that's 1am here........... and with it being a Monday morning, just couldn't stay up that late.
3pm EST will be 8pm here and about 6:30am in Australia, depending where they are, so works better for most overseas.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:04 AM

Morning all! Spent the day wrapping gifts for my Santaee yesterday. Boy are they getting a box full! I didn't realize I had accumulated so much for them! I started the box after last years swap getting ready for this years & discovered stuff I'd forgotten about! Lucky them for all the little things I put in there!

I see we've gotten a few responses to opening day. Best comment is from the international side. To help accommodate them, I think the original idea of 3 p.m. eastern fits pretty well. Shall we stick with this? If no responses, we'll set it for then.

Today's clue: There's been some Olympians from your area.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
OK, maybe I looked at 2011 instead of 2012, is 8 p.m. eastern better for everybody? Sound off folks! Dec. 8th, 8 p.m. eastern time......or 3 p.m. eastern time.
8pm (8am Dec9 my time)would be better for me, but I'm only 1,& if its 3pm (3am Dec9 my time) I plan to be in the fun at the same time as everybody else! so majority rules & I'll be there!