Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 09-21-2013, 05:57 AM

I'm a newbie to the Secret Santa Swap, so I'm staying well away from that hole . . . at least until I know what's in it.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
I'm a newbie to the Secret Santa Swap, so I'm staying well away from that hole . . . at least until I know what's in it.
F*U*N..........................................
Old 09-21-2013, 06:38 AM

Oh, I love the scent of cookies baking, on a chilly day! Several years ago, my daughter and I spent a few days creating new biscotti recipes. I need to pull out some of those and bake them, again. Yummmmmm!
Thanks for mentioning the biscotti! I'll make some this Christmas season or why wait till then! They sound so good and it has been so long since we have had any. Yummy
Old 09-21-2013, 07:13 AM

A lot of happy people
Old 09-21-2013, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
F*U*N..........................................

Hmmmmm. In a previous post, Sharon wrote -

Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
and for all you newbies pppppsssshhhhhttttt word of warning stay away from Dreamer...... she will get you into trouble before you realize what she is up to She will offer you bribes, make all kinds of promises and next thing you know - down the hole you go LOL

Heeding Sharon's advice, I deduce that if I'm gonna join the fun folks, in the hole . . . I should first wait for the offer of bribes and promises.

Fellow SSSNewbies, who's with me? I say we hold out for the best bribes and promises, we can get! May as well go in style, if we're gonna fall anyway!

Last edited by Neesie; 09-21-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:38 AM

Thank you for the recipe. I will try this for dh and the kids.

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
1 cup light Karo syrup 1 TBS vinegar
1 cup sugar 1 TBS baking soda
1 TBS vanilla 1 1/2 lbs bulk milk chocolate

In a saucepan, mix the syrup, sugar, vanilla and vinegar. bring this mixture to 300 degrees on a candy thermometer. (It is nt necessary to constantly stir the mixture while boiling to desired temperature) When the mixture reaches 300, stir in the baking soda, just until dissolved. Adding the baking soda will cause the mixture to double in size. Pour the mixture into a buttered 9x9" pan. DO NOT SCRAPE THE SIDE OF THE SAUCEPAN AND DON'T SPREAD THE MIXTURER AROUND IN THE PAN. Let cool. Loosen mixture from pan and cut into bite size pieces. The pieces will break apart into different shapes and sizes, this is just fine. Melt the chocolate for dipping. Dip pieces of candy in chocolate and let set on waxed paper. When set, store in an airtight container.

This is the recipe for the fairy food, angel food candy, sponge candy.

Jan
Old 09-21-2013, 10:07 AM

that's right Shhhhaaaarrroooonnnnnn
we have a slide to get in the hole.
tons of fun...
and it's not just a straight down slide.... it has bumps and curves wheeeeee
Old 09-21-2013, 11:29 AM

Hmmmmm. In a previous post, Sharon wrote -

Heeding Sharon's advice, I deduce that if I'm gonna join the fun folks, in the hole . . . I should first wait for the offer of bribes and promises.

Fellow SSSNewbies, who's with me? I say we hold out for the best bribes and promises, we can get! May as well go in style, if we're gonna fall anyway!
Neese.... we have the bestest of fun and the yummiest food (none of it calorie laden either ) Even our fearless leader gets in trouble ... every year... we have special corner for her .... don't we sharon
Old 09-21-2013, 11:45 AM

I certainly do.
a bad year for me and it needs to turn around.
this thread always makes me happy.
silliness is a good thing.
We all could use some silly. I have had worsening health conditions this year. and a month ago, I ended up with 6 grandchildren dropped off by Childrens Services. They are driving me crazy, wearing me down physically, but I love them to death. As you can imagine little quilting is getting done, since the range from 10 to 6 months. I had to cancel the lung transplant I was on a list for because I don't have 4 weeks to be away from home. Prayers gratefully accepted!! and tons of fun and giggles too.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
We all could use some silly. I have had worsening health conditions this year. and a month ago, I ended up with 6 grandchildren dropped off by Childrens Services. They are driving me crazy, wearing me down physically, but I love them to death. As you can imagine little quilting is getting done, since the range from 10 to 6 months. I had to cancel the lung transplant I was on a list for because I don't have 4 weeks to be away from home. Prayers gratefully accepted!! and tons of fun and giggles too.
PAT you need to take care of YOU... You need the lung transplant to take care of the grandchildren....
Praying for you...