Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-05-2013, 04:19 AM

I'm in mid-Michigan and the trees are starting to turn beautifully. We have a lot of sassafras trees, they are the first to turn and they are such a beautiful vibrant reddish orange right now. It's overcast and drizzling this morning but those trees seem to light the sky.

I'm really concerned, I just read gran of 6's post about holding out on those who don't post a lot on this swap. I didn't know that was a condition of the SS swap. I've been busy with inspections and working on my block swap and haven't spent much time on the board site. So please excuse me, I will check in more often.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:26 AM
Power Poster

I thought so dreamer. Great job!
Old 10-05-2013, 04:28 AM
Power Poster

Its not, but it helps your SS get to know you a little better.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:56 AM

Here in the Hudson Valley of New York, we are also enjoying the panorama of changing leaves. Last eve, I was on I87 and was amazed by the traffic going from NYC to points north....I assume to take in the fall foliage. Messy traffic but good for the local economy. I was thinking about my SS and trying to pick the "perfect" gifts...in my mind before venturing out. Perhaps today, I'll get to our local quilt shop and pet some fat quarters in her honor....oops! a clue! Yes, it is a girl quilter! Too much info? I don't do much in the way of posting, but love to share vicariously in the banter.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:59 AM

Retired Fire Chief, you don't HAVE to post a lot, but we like getting to know each other, and it helps everyone get to know something about who they are gifting to. So you and Madonna are both from Saginaw. When we lived in Midland we shopped in Saginaw, but that was 50 years ago.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:59 AM

Well, if I joined I'd end up drunk on wine, I know. sure, have never drank, not even wine, but may be a great time to start???

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
Doesn't anyone want to sit next to me and my wine box? Finished work. Stopped and got a pizza. Fed horses. Now sitting in the hole with my box of wine . . . staying away from the halo crowd. They seem a little high spirited tonight.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief View Post
I'm in mid-Michigan and the trees are starting to turn beautifully. We have a lot of sassafras trees, they are the first to turn and they are such a beautiful vibrant reddish orange right now. It's overcast and drizzling this morning but those trees seem to light the sky.

I'm really concerned, I just read gran of 6's post about holding out on those who don't post a lot on this swap. I didn't know that was a condition of the SS swap. I've been busy with inspections and working on my block swap and haven't spent much time on the board site. So please excuse me, I will check in more often.
Your state sounds beautiful. I have always wanted to go there, just never had the chance. Hmmm, maybe I should correct that.
Don't worry, she was kidding (I think). I have heard just a little from my SS receiver and I am stuffing her box of goodies. It would help if she would write more about herself though. That is a hint to those that are not posting. It really does help but will not be punished if you don't. Just DON'T complain if you don't like what you get! LOL!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief View Post

It isn't a condition of the swap but it makes the swap a lot more fun, for those participating. Just speaking for myself, I joined because I wanted to get to know some of the QB members better. . . and to have fun with them. If I'd just wanted a box of goodies, I'd have put together a box for myself . . . which I may also do, but that's not the point.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
It isn't a condition of the swap but it makes the swap a lot more fun, for those participating. Just speaking for myself, I joined because I wanted to get to know some of the QB members better. . . and to have fun with them. If I'd just wanted a box of goodies, I'd have put together a box for myself . . . which I may also do, but that's not the point.
one for you & one for BFF & one for meeeeeeeeeeeeee! LOL! Back to the hole for me. LOLOLOLOL!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:42 AM

I found my Santaeeeeeee! I searched and searched and searched and Poof! There she was. I will have to sneak up on her with my invisible plane and see what is in her sewing room. She is far from me so a fly over is in order!