Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 11-22-2013, 05:27 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
No, now I have a major problem on how to delete this post. Any ideas. I didn't notice the background until I had posted the pic. My post only snowed a very small pic of the puppy. I already sent a message to the post monitors, so far no response.
i fixed the pic and edited the post.
sorry it took so long.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:16 AM

Well, furbabies & sniffing the groceries at the store. What interesting subjects we can come up with! No one says us quilters are normal!! LOL Well, it seems to be normal to us, though!
Tried quilting a quilt & the darn thing just isn't co-operating! I hate it when it doesn't behave!! Gonna have to really dig into my bag of tricks on this one!

Hint: You've already got your SS package, just begging you to open!!
Old 11-22-2013, 06:59 AM

Remember....PM me when you receive your package.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
I had to laugh at this because... it reminds me of me! When I pick up cans of beans or tuna I shake them or tip them upside down once or twice to determine how much liquid is in the can. I can't seem to help doing it! On one hand I figure I'm paying for food not liquid... on the other hand I always hope nobody's watching.
That's exactly why I was doing it, too! Yep, tuna and any other canned meat gets shaken, as well. I also check all of the expiration dates on dairy items, to choose the freshest ones. Stores probably hate me. To my credit, I always return the rejects, neatly to the shelf. Needless to say, every egg is lifted and inspected.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:18 AM

I hope this doesn't give us away but these song lyrics refer to something that my SS and I have in common:

"All my friends know the low rider
The low rider is a little higher
Low rider drives a little slower
Low rider is a real goer"
Old 11-22-2013, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
Well, furbabies & sniffing the groceries at the store. What interesting subjects we can come up with! No one says us quilters are normal!! LOL Well, it seems to be normal to us, though!
Tried quilting a quilt & the darn thing just isn't co-operating! I hate it when it doesn't behave!! Gonna have to really dig into my bag of tricks on this one!
I was all set to Elmer's School Glue baste a top, yesterday. Got the final seams ironed, then pulled out the batting (Warm & White). Unfortunately, it was the end of the roll and lacking about 2" to be enough. No problem, as I had a brand new roll, still in the box. Opened the box and started to pull out the batting. Ran into a 'minor' problem. Got a good grip on the batting and started pulling . . . but my arms were too short, to get it out. Didn't want to pull it out onto the floor, so tried angling the box. . . but as soon as I'd pull it somewhat out and then try to get a grip farther down, the roll would slide back into the box. If I just kept pulling, the box slid forward, with the batting. Tried holding the box in place, with one extended leg/foot but since I'm only about 5'3", that didn't help much. Decided to wait for dh to get home, to hold the box in place. In hindsight, I should've just swung the box up onto the cutting table! Today, I'm gonna see if I can find a spot, to mount the roll onto the wall. Then I can just roll my cutting table up to it. Got that idea, from some wise person, on our QB! My old roll just sat on top of a shelving unit. Problem is finding empty wall space, long enough for the bolt.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by blondeslave View Post
I hope this doesn't give us away but these song lyrics refer to something that my SS and I have in common:

"All my friends know the low rider
The low rider is a little higher
Low rider drives a little slower
Low rider is a real goer"
Hmmmmmmm. Let's see . . . 'low rider' cars . . . nope. 'Low rider' jeans . . . heavens, no! 'Low rider' dogs? Nah, Phoebe's low but that little critter can run faster than I can. Okay, I admit this possibly isn't me.

On the other hand . . . maybe? But then on the third hand, it's probably a trick, so probably not. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. . . .

Last edited by Neesie; 11-22-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:42 AM

[QUOTE=Cindy60545;6418332]Well, furbabies & sniffing the groceries at the store. What interesting subjects we can come up with! No one says us quilters are normal!! LOL Well, it seems to be normal to us, though!
Oh YEAH...we who agonize over a point that is not perfect - quilting stitches that are not even - rip out any seam or quilt line that is just a smidge off - save scraps of fabric for decades because we might find a use for them --- hold onto a lovely fabric for years because we don't want to cut into it - will travel MILES if the destination has the word "quilt" in it -- have entire rooms in our homes dedicated to fabric.......oh YEAH - this is definitely the "normal" crowd !!! Where's the hole...i think i need a drink !!!!
Old 11-22-2013, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
Oh YEAH...we who agonize over a point that is not perfect - quilting stitches that are not even - rip out any seam or quilt line that is just a smidge off - save scraps of fabric for decades because we might find a use for them --- hold onto a lovely fabric for years because we don't want to cut into it - will travel MILES if the destination has the word "quilt" in it -- have entire rooms in our homes dedicated to fabric.......oh YEAH - this is definitely the "normal" crowd !!! Where's the hole...i think i need a drink !!!!
I like to think of us as exceptional.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Sienna's GiGi View Post
I apologize for getting on here so late. My month started and will end with inspections and generals running all over the place. I've received my secret Santa box and I've sent my box off. My Secret Santa sent me all kinds of things like candy, cute socks, fabric and lots of small gifts. My Granddaughter also got lip gloss, stickers, bath fizzies and of course all the candy. Thank you so much for the gifts. I am positive the recipient of my gift will be pleasantly surprised. God Bless.
Guess I must've missed something. Why did you already open it? Opening day isn't until December 8th, when we're supposed to share the fun and pictures.