Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-29-2013, 06:22 AM

I agree with Cindy -- Dec 8th at 3pm is good for me. Let the fun begin! Stitch124

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
I posted about this umpteen pages ago. Last year we opened them on Sunday, Dec. 9th at 3:00 p.m. eastern time. I proposed Sunday Dec. 8th this year at 3:00 p.m. eastern time. We need to start really narrowing this down as the mailing deadline is fast approaching. What does everyone think? Shall we go with this? Or a later date??
Old 10-29-2013, 06:22 AM

Any date/time is okay with me, but I've no idea what my December schedule will be, yet. We do need to think about those on Pacific time, though.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:26 AM

Don't know who my SS is and I haven't received anything in the mail yet so if you are still looking for things to put in the box, I'd love to have a redwork pattern.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief View Post
CookyIN and Nessie, thanks for the invitation to jump in, I am very tempted now, I hear you are passing around coconut rum - rum doesn't sit well on my stomach but vodka is ok, so I will bring the coconut vodka and some pineapple juice! Yum. And Nessie, unfortunately I am not your secret Santa but do like that you picked up on the blue, maybe I meant my recipient likes blue? I was trying to throw out a couple of hints without being completely obvious.
Whew! For a bit there, I was thinking we had a Smurf amongst us!

Oh, just jump into the hole! You know you're gonna end up here, sooner or later. It's to your advantage, to join while there's still plenty of goodies to eat and drink.

Originally, the coconut rum was intended as just a splash, in a cup of hot cocoa. As the bottle got passed around, it ended up in coffee, over ice . . . and I suspect a few just took a swig, from the bottle. Mind you this is a very large bottle, being passed! Coconut vodka is sure to be a big hit, as well. We also have non-alcoholic beverages, in abundance!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:07 AM

Location: Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters

Giant pangs of guilt here. I signed up and await shipping for gifts for my SS person before I put her box together. The thread here is HUGE and I have not begun to comb through it.

About me, well my partner could look at my blog here. I am pretty much an old hippie. I have 3 dogs and 3 cats who keep me busy dreaming up ways to re-purpose animal hair. I have 5 sons ages 28,27,22,20, and 16 with the two youngest living with me still (I am pretty sure these two are the new Second Hand Lions.) I am the brain and gopher behind my husband's home repair business which ebbs and flows...think more toward the ebb side.)

I have several hobbies and usually have at least 10 going at once and none finished! No sooner do I finish a project I am starting another. I have ADD and focus is a huge challenge. Keeping lots of things going keeps me out of trouble!

I am 53 years old and still peri meno. NOT FAIR, who still has pimples, wrinkles, AND chin hair?

Hints for my SS partner:

Your state begins with the letter M
Good Grief! (yes, that IS a hint)
Old 10-29-2013, 07:22 AM

Sew_Tracy - Minnesota! Charles Schultz is from here and we love all things Charlie Brown. In fact, my 9-year old stepdaughter insisted on dressing up in Charlie Brown's ghost costume (remember he had trouble with the scissors so lots of holes!) for Halloween. She even spraypainted a bunch of styrofoam as her rocks so they're light enough to carry around with her ("I got a rock...")... We created her costume masterpiece over the weekend while watching the Great Pumpkin.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:44 AM

Location: Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters

Originally Posted by madbury View Post
Sew_Tracy - Minnesota! Charles Schultz is from here and we love all things Charlie Brown. In fact, my 9-year old stepdaughter insisted on dressing up in Charlie Brown's ghost costume (remember he had trouble with the scissors so lots of holes!) for Halloween. She even spraypainted a bunch of styrofoam as her rocks so they're light enough to carry around with her ("I got a rock...")... We created her costume masterpiece over the weekend while watching the Great Pumpkin.
I cannot tell you how many times I tried to talk my boys into that costume! It's brilliant and I hope she brings a lot of smiles to a lot of faces!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:20 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by sew_Tracy View Post
Giant pangs of guilt here. I signed up and await shipping for gifts for my SS person before I put her box together. The thread here is HUGE and I have not begun to comb through it.

About me, well my partner could look at my blog here. I am pretty much an old hippie. I have 3 dogs and 3 cats who keep me busy dreaming up ways to re-purpose animal hair. I have 5 sons ages 28,27,22,20, and 16 with the two youngest living with me still (I am pretty sure these two are the new Second Hand Lions.) I am the brain and gopher behind my husband's home repair business which ebbs and flows...think more toward the ebb side.)

I have several hobbies and usually have at least 10 going at once and none finished! No sooner do I finish a project I am starting another. I have ADD and focus is a huge challenge. Keeping lots of things going keeps me out of trouble!

I am 53 years old and still peri meno. NOT FAIR, who still has pimples, wrinkles, AND chin hair?

Hints for my SS partner:

Your state begins with the letter M
Good Grief! (yes, that IS a hint)
I would lay down Money that you've got me, Charlie Brown!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by madbury View Post
Wow - there's two of us that are Peanuts fans that are in M states??? This is my Peanuts tree! The collection was started by my Aunt when I was a child, and I buy at least a few new ornaments every year - this year, I bought the whole Hallmark Peanuts collection as I put those and my Disney ornaments on Layaway in July!

Old 10-29-2013, 08:29 AM

Pretty tree, my favorite is always Snoopy on his doghouse.