Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 11-27-2013, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
Good Morning Santas! Whew! Busy day yesterday! Got the house all spruced up for Thanksgiving & got some of the early stuff out of the way. Baked 4 dozen Chocolate chip cookies & the pumpkin pie. Got the eggs hard boiled too. DH would have been home yesterday, but his rig broke down in Monroe, LA. Blew a fuel sensor & had to be towed to a dealer there for repair. They say it'll be 10 days before it's ready. Company bought him a bus ticket home, so he's on the Greyhound as I type getting back here for the holiday. He should be here at home around noon today. Then when the truck is done he'll have to take the bus back to get it. Great! I get to have him around for a week! I wonder what that'll do for Christmas time off though with all this down time. I hope he can come home for Christmas. That's the only holiday we've ever cared about being home for. When I was driving too we planned to be in Florida for Thanksgiving & we'd go to Disneyworld for the day & let Mickey & Minnie do the cooking & clean up. We always had a lot of fun that day! Parks weren't too crowded either.

Hint of the day: When I was driving my big rig, I've driven within 2 miles of your house!
I'm 99% sure this isn't me. . . unless you were delivering to a cotton or corn field.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:50 AM

Well said, Knitette. A happy, safe Thanksgiving and "Swap Day" wish to you all.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:05 AM

Just finishing up my tea, before getting started on the house. Since downsizing several years ago, there isn't much house, so it'll be a 'quick fix' to have it ready for tomorrow. Still have go to the grocery store, which I'm dreading!!!

The birds will have a bit of a feast, today. A few hours ago, I put out a dish of dried mealworms (first time serving this). Most of them seem to be a bit wary of the new (dish) feeder. Uh, I mean the birds are wary, not the worms. Needless to say, the worms no longer care. Personally, I just don't see the attraction of those worms . . . they look like they're mostly just worm husks, to me. Guess time will tell. BTW, they are NOT chocolate coated, just in case any of you are thinking of asking for a sample.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:16 AM

As Knitette said, we never know anothers struggles. We can only pray or send positive energy into the universe for all our struggling sisters and brothers. It IS much more fun, though, when we know that we are ALL able to participate in the anticipation of and excitement of opening day. Every day, I visit my package and give it a loving pat. It doesn't matter what's in it...I know I'll love it. A sewing friend gave thought and loving energy to the planning, gathering, packing and sending of it. That's magical, in my thinking. And it's doubly magical for me this year to open it on my birthday. 11 days to go!
Old 11-27-2013, 07:58 AM

My family and I have been invited to spend Thanksgiving with by best friend Susan. So that means.....I don't have to cook!! It's a nice break for me since I have to cook for my family every day. I will however make a few appetizers and one dessert to bring to the festivities because I certainly don't want to go empty handed. It will be fun, especially since her son happens to be my son's best friend. We were neighbors for 8 years and our boys grew up together and consider eachother brothers. In fact, Susan considers me to be her son's "second" mom. I've sat him down on several occasions and had "talks" with him, just like I do with my own son. So, all is good.

I probably won't get on here tomorrow, so to all you lovely ladies (and gents?) out there....I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving! Stay safe and don't overeat..lol
Old 11-27-2013, 08:01 AM

Last night my packaged jumped off the table and landed with a large thump. There was no noise coming from it....do I need to open and resuscitate it? Oh what to do??? It must of been very frightened by the kitties that finally decided they needed to investigate it more closely. Maybe I should just join you in the hole for hot chocolate with schnapps.

SS I know you are not home right now. Have safe travels.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:06 AM

Just getting ready to go to my daughters for a day of cooking prep for tomorrow....First time she's hosting Thanksgiving !! DSILs folks are here from Louisiana.... We are having a Turducken as the main course....i'm roasting a turkey as we speak to take along tomorrow to reheat...in case any of the grand-daughters are not so into the Turducken idea. We have told them that it is a favorite of the Duck Dynasty crew(I made that up as don't know if it's true) so they are excited about trying it. Please ALL of you BE SAFE -- and enjoy your day/weekend. Please say a prayer - or think good thoughts - for our service men and women / veterans around the world....and if glasses are raised - give a toast to Freedom. See y'all back here after the holiday !!
Old 11-27-2013, 08:52 AM

After working all day today, I will need to stop at the store and pick up the pumpkin pie and pecan pie. Then I will start all the prep work for Thursday. We will be eating early, so I will start the turkey at like 5 am. Mom can't do much this year as she had major neck surgery and still under the weight limit and limited bending.

It is going to be hard for her to sit and let me do everything.

Have a happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:31 AM

Hope everyone has a GREAT THANKSGIVING & BE SAFE
Old 11-27-2013, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Judylee2 View Post
My SSperson has not posted that she has received her package yet!Wahhhhhhhh! So to cheer myself up, I went shopping and bought the softest, snuggliest, cutest pair of pajamas ever to wear on opening day! I figure that on opening day that I will have dark hot chocolate laced with Peppermint Schnapps and wear my comfy PJ while I wait for everyone to join in. I am always an early bird. LOL!
JudyLee...........yes, I did post when I received your SS package to me!! At least my package could be from you, could't it?