Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 11-27-2013, 06:06 PM

OMG Knittee I am sure your package is on its way I have faith in the person who was to send it. I have not received my package just yet either so it will be ok if neither of us gets one soon we will just have an opening day of our own and open a bottle of rum.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:12 PM

My cleaning is almost done, been doing little bits over the past 5 days, this way I didn't have to take time off work to clean!! Making turkey, stuffing, potatoes with gravy and cranberries but that is as far as the traditional part goes. Also having a Raspberry Spinach salad, Butternut carrot soup and sauteed Asparagus. Just the thought of sweet potatoes, old fashion Macaroni and cheese and green bean casserole just sounded to heavy! Hope everyone has a great turkey day. Drive safe if you have to go any place. I want you back here on the 8th so I can have fun!!! Judylee2 I have a extra bottle of Schnapps for opening day!
Old 11-27-2013, 07:33 PM

Happy thanksgiving everybody!!

Hope your day is filled with love and thankfulness for your family and friends.

For years we would have Turkey and Tension with my MIL .
Old 11-27-2013, 07:47 PM

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope all the wayward packages arrive soon! :-)
Old 11-27-2013, 08:15 PM

I received my pkg! Sorry didnt post! Hubby got gravely ill last month, almost didnt make it few times! He made it out of hospital and got sent to nursing home for rehab, they did let him out for dd wedding, he walked errr hobbled her down the aisle- not a dry eye in audience! Then when he danced with her I cried! Then when he danced with me my kids bawled! Was very memorable!
He was released today! Things will be hectic until we figure out a routine but will take it one day at a time! So thank you SS!
Happy Thanksgiving!!! :-)
Old 11-27-2013, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
Today I am busy getting ready for tomorrow. I made two of my chocolate pies yesterday and about to put two pumpkin pies in the oven. My dining room table is set just need to get the crystal on the table and in place. My sweet husband is out in the rain changing a flat tire on the vehicle. Luckily in my part of NY we only are getting rain and it's not freezing. Hopefully we wont' get ice or snow!!

I wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving...we have much to be thankful for. And a special shout out to my SS and to the one I sent to. You both know who you are...oh yea..maybe you don't! In time you will.
Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
Made it home from the hospital in time for thanksgiving. Still feeling very weak and glad my kids are doing all the prep and cooking. Pneumonia can knock the heck out of you!! I wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to a visit to the hole. Surely someone there has a home remedy to help me finish get over this!!
Glad you are on the mend. Just curious...wonder if anyone ever heard of a chest rub called quiachol? Growing up if we came down with a chest cold Mom would steam our chest then rub it with quiachol (sp?) And cover our chest with a heavy towel under a t-shirt. Kid you not...the next morning we were well! Haven't been able to find any for years.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:23 PM

I was just surfing around the internet and came across an interesting article, about old fashioned cold remedies.

13 OLD-FASHIONED COLD REMEDIES THAT REALLY WORK
Old 11-28-2013, 12:49 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to you all from across the miles!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]448973[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails thanksgiving2012-620x465.jpg  
Old 11-28-2013, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by painiacs View Post
i received my pkg! Sorry didnt post! Hubby got gravely ill last month, almost didnt make it few times! He made it out of hospital and got sent to nursing home for rehab, they did let him out for dd wedding, he walked errr hobbled her down the aisle- not a dry eye in audience! Then when he danced with her i cried! Then when he danced with me my kids bawled! Was very memorable!
He was released today! Things will be hectic until we figure out a routine but will take it one day at a time! So thank you ss!
Happy thanksgiving!!! :-)
we know what you will be thankful for this thanksgiving……so happy to read that he will be sitting around your table with the family.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
Oh CINDY, this could be me as I live very close to to a freeway. Have you been to my state very many times & if so, why didn't you stop in for coffee? I see how you are!!
I did, in fact, drive very close to your house with my big rig once. I was picking up apples from some of the orchards there in the Yakima valley. Don't remember where I took them to though. But, that was long before I knew you. Had I known you then, you bet I'd have stopped in! I'd have managed to stay over somehow so we could have had a lengthy visit!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Turkey's in the oven & starting to smell good. Gotta get the rest of this feast ready to finish up shortly.

Clue: Only 8 days til opening! WOOHOO!!!!