Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 12-09-2013, 12:55 PM

Hey Everyone............I don't know about you, but today I am missing all of the clues & hints that have been flying around!! This has been way to much fun & today I am working of my first little gift for next years Secret Santa exchange. I think I am still in the mood for Christmas exchanging!!
Old 12-09-2013, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
Thank you for that reminder. I do get on here and thank the sender after receiving a package, but the recent ice storm has just about paralyzed this area. I left for church yesterday as the ice was thawing somewhat and 10 minutes later found myself in a bar ditch. No damage or injury, but I didn't get back home until today. I'm so sorry that I disappointed the person sending my package by not being able to be on this forum yesterday afternoon -- she posted twice that I hadn't thanked her! I was enjoying the hospitality of a complete stranger as her husband and son took their tractor to pull my car from the ditch, then they refused to let me come home by myself as the freezing weather returned. Somehow being on here at the appointed time completely slipped my mind (I wonder why?). I opened the package within a couple of hours of getting home this morning and PMed the sender. That was the very best I could do.
Carol please go back and read my 2 posts no where did I say you never thanked me. Difficult no!! It was said in card because I've had you several times in last couple months so was alittle difficult to send different items. Just thankful your safe and home.!Sue
Old 12-09-2013, 01:08 PM

This was my first year in the Secret Santa swap and I was very pleased. It has me excited for getting things together for next year. I have had a hard time the past few years getting into the Christmas spirit and this helped. I am excited to start putting things together, looking for great deals. Life is good and I look forward to the fun on the quilting board.

Thank you Teri for being a great hostess.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:22 PM

I had a wonderful experience on this swap this year...I pm'd my SSanta and posted pictures and a thank you here and my Santa recipient posted here (one of two posts total) and pm'd me with a really lovely thank you note. I knew who my SSanta was early on, neither my Santa recipient nor my Santa chatted on the board during this whole deal and I still had a wonderful time reading, chatting and enjoying the festivities! I loved my gifts and was happy that my gifts were also well received! Let's keep celebrating our differences and what brings us together! Our love of quilting!!!

By the way, here's to next year! Is the sign up list posted yet?????
Old 12-09-2013, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
Hey Everyone............I don't know about you, but today I am missing all of the clues & hints that have been flying around!! This has been way to much fun & today I am working of my first little gift for next years Secret Santa exchange. I think I am still in the mood for Christmas exchanging!!
Me to SulaBug, this was soooo much fun i want to do it again right now.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
Wow, LAQUITA you out did your self! Thank you for a big box of wonderful! So many useful tools, quilt print wrapping paper, but my favorite was the "stuff it yourself" pillow. I was taking pictures to post, and Bruno wanted to test them for 'cat approval' so he is in the second picture. I will find something wonderful to do with the fat quarters (pink and brown is so inspiring). I will be checking with the manufacturer of my computerized sewing machine to see if it safe to keep the magnetic holder beside me while sewing, if not DH has kindly offered to give it a home with his tools...lol! I plan to use the trash holder for scraps that are 'bird safe' to keep until spring when I put them out for the birds to use in their nesting. Again, thank you so much! -Kelly

P.s. Has anyone heard from "short an sweet" she has not been on here since 11/17.
I have seen the posts about people being disappointed, but I am not disappointed, I just noticed that "short an sweet" had not been on for a while, and wondered if anyone knew if she was ok. I don't have a need for thank you, I just enjoyed adding to her Christmas.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:36 PM

To whomever is my SS....I haven't opened my package yet. Life got in the way and I totally forgot and so now I am planning on opening it on Thurs or Fri. with another member of the quilt board. I am excited to see what I got and I am sorry I had to postpone opening it.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
SulaBug, I feel the same way. I had so much fun sending and receiving, I'm ready to do it again!

I'm really gonna miss this thread, once we all start to scatter again.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:55 PM

F
r
s
T
a
n
k

yo
t

T
er
r
I

a
a

S
u
e
r
H
o
t
e
s
s
Old 12-09-2013, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by craftymatt2 View Post
Me to SulaBug, this was soooo much fun i want to do it again right now.
Okay, that makes at least three of us, ready for another swap. This one was way too much fun, to leave behind.

I'm so anxious to start using my new SS goodies but am trying to be disciplined and finish up my Christmas gift projects, first. Terri, THANK YOU for giving me the BEST Secret Santa! Why, oh why didn't I finish my Christmas projects sooner???