Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Nov 2021 - Feb 2022 Wall Hanging Swap >

Nov 2021 - Feb 2022 Wall Hanging Swap

Nov 2021 - Feb 2022 Wall Hanging Swap

Old 02-04-2022, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
Lena my swap partner in the pin cushion swap sent me a Ricky Timms book of convergence quilts. I'd seen them but couldn't work out how it was done.i love how it's done and have made another one for my daughter. Then I applique a kangaroo paw flower on it.
I have a Ricky Tims Convergence quilt book but never thought of using it the way you did. Love the kangaroo paw flower, it's beautiful! Hmmm, think I drag out that book and have a second look at it. Thanks for the response and idea.
Old 02-04-2022, 06:27 AM

Hello All, I am on the last bit of hand quilting the WH for this swap---Do I need to send Rhonda all the information again or just the pm when it is ready to mail? I really like this one--I will post a pic when done--plan on being done this weekend. The hand quilting is going fast and not as much as the last one. Everyone's projects look great.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:10 AM
Power Poster

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=m-fay;8533813]Heres a sneak peak of my Wall hanging[/QUOTE

The kangaroo paw flower is what grabs my attention. It is stunning. Did you design the applique?
Old 02-04-2022, 07:54 AM

Annaquilts I copied the kangaroo paw from a book..
Old 02-04-2022, 08:07 AM
Power Poster

I just found a used copy and ordered the book, lots of Australian patterns and animals too. Margaret Rolfe
Old 02-04-2022, 12:47 PM
Power Poster

Rethinking my wall hanging. I have been looking at lots of cute Valentine themed ones. 🤩 I might just have to make one of those.
Old 02-05-2022, 09:42 AM

Hi Heather, You just need to let Rhonda know you are all ready……bet it’s a great one! 😊
Old 02-05-2022, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

I just want to sit in my studio and make all kinds of wall hangings and table runners. It is dangerous to start googling and then finding all kinds of little cute wall hangings.
Old 02-06-2022, 05:25 PM

Such cute WH’ing, ladies!

M-Fay…can’t wait to see your finish…looks super cool!

Skaduzy….love yours…I want to roll around in your stash. You have the prettiest fabric…

Lena….you can email me a picture of your WH and I’ll post it for you if you want like I did last time.

Welcome Heather!

Red….I love your WH! I hate machine malfunctions and totally get giving “less then perfect”…I say…send it anyway

Anna…beware of the “Google” lol… that is my downfall, as well…there are some adorable heart ideas right now…

Rumbols…you go girl! Learning new skills is always my inspiration. Ruler work is a blast. You get it nailed in no time.

OK…I totally suck this swap round. I have not even started yet ..but worse…I haven’t even chosen what I want to do yet. That is my goal this week. I keep looking at 3 or 4 ideas and none of them are inspiring me…I cannot decide if I want to do something whimsical or traditional…theme or not….large or smaller size. As you can see, my head is all over the place. I need to get on it and I will..just…ugh!
Old 02-06-2022, 05:36 PM

Redgarnett…just read your post regarding your friend on another thread and I am devastated for you. I am worried about a dear friend of mine right now and kinda lost my sewing mojo a bit….I’m so sorry to hear this. It sounds like she was a touchstone for you. Hugs from afar!