Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Nov Secret Pal Swap Closes Oct 31t 4pm CST >

Nov Secret Pal Swap Closes Oct 31t 4pm CST

Nov Secret Pal Swap Closes Oct 31t 4pm CST

Old 11-25-2014, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
Here is link to signup for December Swap:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t257308.html
got it sent our Lori, sure hope you and your family have peaceful Holidays...we appreciate all you do keeping us straight...
Old 11-25-2014, 09:01 AM

Okay, apologies to one of my secret pals. When I type the address into the USPS site to print a label, it autocorrects I and I hit accept without looking at the correction closely. My package was delivered to the wrong PO BOX in the wrong city. It is on its way back to me. I will remail. So sorry SP.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:25 AM
Swap Hosts

Lori, prayers for your brother in law going up. Not sure if I'm in for December. Will see ...
Wishing all a Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-29-2014, 03:41 PM

I want Verna2197 as my SP next month! I absolutely love the pieces she embroidered and since I celebrate Christmas as a Christian, I really think they should come to me! How's that for being bold and forthright?

Hav4boys -- I'm so sorry you ended up with rude and uncaring recipients this month. To have two not acknowledge the gifts is incredible. When I'm in that situation (rarely, thank goodness), I initiate a Post Office package search as I go by the principal that if someone doesn't acknowledge a gift then they didn't get it. That often shames the person into responding.

Krystyna -- you just started back in the swap, you can't skip December. Santa would not be happy!

Vitality -- your package was just great. Well.... except it didn't contain any chocolate. But other than that, you did good. When I first started out with these swaps, my packages were rather skimpy as I didn't have much of a stash nor extra notions hanging around. But within 18 months, I now have a plastic tub filled to overflowing with items to give to my SPs. The trick is to buy on sale AND to make up a few small homemade items. Lately folks have been getting chicken pincushions or mug rugs from me as that's what I've been crafting -- cheap and easy to make. A few months ago, folks were receiving the 10 minute tablerunners. Who knows where my interests will be in another few months?
Old 11-29-2014, 04:15 PM

Belfrybat That is just 2 funny!
Old 11-30-2014, 06:35 AM
Swap Hosts

Belfrybat, just signed up. You know how to lay on the guilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]500593[/ATTACH]

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-30-2014 at 07:07 AM. Reason: remove copyright image
Old 12-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Swap Hosts

Hi Ladies, Just a quick note to let you know I am bowing out of the swap and pretty much everything else on QB. Please see previous post for a hint as to why. I love you all and will miss you.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Hi Ladies, Just a quick note to let you know I am bowing out of the swap and pretty much everything else on QB. Please see previous post for a hint as to why. I love you all and will miss you.
guess I missed it?????
Old 12-02-2014, 09:24 AM

Oh for heaven's sake -- what's with the censorship?? Will our eyes burn out of our heads if we see a funny picture? Are there lawyers lurking on the website just waiting for someone to post a picture that could result in "copyright" infringements, giving them a chance to wipe out QB with fines and legal fees? With events the past month or so, we can all use a laugh. I'm sure a website concerned with sewing and being accessed mostly by grandmother-type people (ie. the over 50 crowd) isn't a major concern to the powers of the world. Was there a pm explaining why the picture was deleted, giving the poster a chance to modify it; or was it just rudely removed with a comment implying the poster was guilty of some major crime for all to see. C'mon folks, how bad could it have been?
Old 12-02-2014, 10:55 AM

You took the words right out of my mouth Nancy! Lots of new rules popping up lately it seems. Hope you reconsider Krystyna