Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Nov Secret Pal Swap Closes Oct 31t 4pm CST >

Nov Secret Pal Swap Closes Oct 31t 4pm CST

Nov Secret Pal Swap Closes Oct 31t 4pm CST

Old 11-12-2014, 09:00 AM

Finally back from trips to Panama City and Houston, and glad to be home until Thanksgiving ... can't believe the year is that far along!!! SP pkg contents are piled up in front of me waiting for a box and then will be delivered to PO shortly. Hint: You've been sewing for as long as I have (50+ years) and you like bright colors.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:16 AM

Glad you like your package jami. I think you'll like using those big spools of thread when you get use to it. I'm spoiled, haven't bought little spools for piecing in a very long time.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:21 PM

Default Nov sp swap pkg

I have to apologize here. I received my pkg. from verna2197 on Monday and it was the sweetest gift I received. Got a bit ill after Monday and am now feeling a bit better. Verna, thank you for the nice pkg. especially the Quilter magazine with the hearts pattern. I had this copy before and during my moving in the past two years it got lost so I was delighted to have it again! Started reading the book The Quilter's Daughter, the Milky Way is gone and love the gingerbread fabric and the lovely panel! Also the small grabber clips will come in handy! I just used them to hold on my jelly roll strips, works like magic. Also I'm intrigued with the Winter pattern you sent, can't wait to try it! Thank you again!
Attached Thumbnails nov-sp-swap-003.jpg   nov-sp-swap-004.jpg   nov-sp-swap-005.jpg  
Old 11-12-2014, 05:24 PM

I need some help...can anyone tell me where I can find instructions on fabric coasters, the type that uses triangles and patchwork. Any info would be helpful...I googled it and tried youtube but to no avail . Would love to make some xmas ones. I did some a while back like maybe 10 yrs ago and I know they do not use much fabric. HELP!
Old 11-12-2014, 06:12 PM

Miss Verna2197, you were a very busy lady putting together 2 awesome SP packages. I truly will enjoy what you sent to me and everything is something I would have bought....I can use it all and will! I'll show a couple of pics and let you all see these wonderful gifts, have to admit my fav's are the mini quilt book, I truly am trying to learn paper piecing and whether I succeed or not I have the patterns, I'm getting very good at copying, a quilt pattern that I have never seen and yard pieces of both of these beautiful metallic reds for Christmas, and a 10 minute runner that I can dream about summer. Thank you so much Verna, you sent me the perfect package!![ATTACH=CONFIG]498652[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]498653[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf2397.jpg   dscf2398.jpg  
Old 11-12-2014, 06:36 PM

Crafty Grammie Thank you for the Secret Pal Package! It was a great surprise ,when I arrived home from work today. Hand beaded stiletto and scissor fob, love it. I do not bead, and just love beaded gifts. 3 pieces of yardage in favorite colors, Thanksgiving potholder, and a panel to make placemats for my Thanksgiving dinner! Postcards, Thank you. Also, several more goodies, including candy!
Old 11-12-2014, 06:45 PM

Great packages coming in keep ending in those pms!
Old 11-12-2014, 06:47 PM

Great packages coming in keep sending those pms
Old 11-12-2014, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Glad you like your package jami. I think you'll like using those big spools of thread when you get use to it. I'm spoiled, haven't bought little spools for piecing in a very long time.
Now only if we can make the bobbin thread spoils that large!
Old 11-13-2014, 04:44 AM

My SP received her package Monday. Haven't heard anything-hope she is OK. Just realized I forgot to mark that it was an SP package in case she was in other swaps. It also has her candies in from another swap as she has a birthday this month!