Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP >

November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP

November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP

Old 11-01-2013, 07:48 AM

mdall, not always so -- if I make something that doesn't turn out right, it goes into my collection! Only I know that it is wrong, LOL
Old 11-01-2013, 07:53 AM

Names will be assigned starting tomorrow.

Closing is in 9 hours. We are a smallish group, only 18 spots, which means 35 PMs (I don't think I need to send one to myself. LOL) for 12 (plus me) people. So I should get the list finished in the morning and start PMing you gals.

Last edited by paintmejudy; 11-01-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

mdall I think you would make good eyeballs. I gave out treats yesterday with little scrappy bags I made with little black strings hanging to give them a spidery look. Mostly just had fun doing them. I think I have a total of only 5 pincushions, but I love them. I love the needle books too, but I like having a pincushion in each of my rooms so I can sew wherever I am. I need to make me some string holders too. Right now I am using a coffee can for one.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:15 AM

I received a PM from someone asking me if she had sent in her info. So, just in case you thought you signed up but I don't have your name, let me know. The following are those who will get a PM or two from me tomorrow.
Ljdugas
OldRosebud
Lynnie
Argentium
Steph
Lawsonmugs
Jamimclaugh
dotcomdtcm
llong
mdall
JuneBillie
Old 11-01-2013, 01:16 PM

I went into the store today, looked around carefully at every shelf and after about 20 minutes of looking I found one. It was stuffed on a shelf full of stuff that didnt sell well. Only one of them like this one. Hope it works.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]444427[/ATTACH]
Have something else brewing in my head just in case my partner wants something themed for Thanksgiving. Hope it turns out.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03222.jpg  
Old 11-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Power Poster

judy, that's how I make things for myself too.
june, I should do that next year. sounds like fun and the kiddies will love it too. I had about 12 kids last night. these two older kids that don't live in the community came back for more. I gave out a lot of candy, toys and gift certs to the fast food places.
michelle, love your shoe. I think it's fine the way it is. top for quilting, middle for sharps, bottom for basting. it is pretty, isn't it.
been out all day playing mah jongg with dmil and friends. that's condo living. no squishies in the mail for me.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:41 PM

mdall that shoe is positively to die for!!! Too cute! Hope I draw your name LOL

And by the way, I had no idea on how to do this, how other hostesses do their swaps, so I will print out and cut up a second set of names and blindly draw them from a bag to do the matching. Hope you all think that is the only fair way to do this.

Lynnie, sosunds like you had a nice day.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

mdall that shoe is really pretty. Lynnie I can't believe it. mah jongg is what I play on my computer when not doing something else. It is so relaxing.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:21 PM

paintmejudy, that sounds good to me. When I hosted a few swaps I wondered the same thing. How do I do this and make it fair? I came up with this. I made a two columns on paper the left side was the sender and the right side was the receiver. I then drew a name and placed that person as the first sender. I then drew a name that they sent to. That person went down as the first receiver and then also as the second sender. I just continued from there. The third name drawn become the receiver for the second sender and the third sender. I hope that makes sense. It is however you want to do it. The first I hosted I just had my kids draw the name. Some people enter them into excel and somehow get it to mix them all up and pop up a list. However you feel is easiest for you works for me. Hope I didnt confuse you.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Power Poster

i'm totally dazed and confused. i'd just give the person number 1 number2's name, but that's why I don't host, one of the reasons.
all I want is to get my name early, coz this lady has no patience at all. people say I must have patience to quilt,
yeah right!!!! i'm the least patient of anyone here.
as long as I have my name by sunday night, coz Monday I have to mail. I have to go to the eye surgeons tomorrow. it's over 70 miles away. we have to check on my new cornea ( 2 1/2 yrs now). I was shocked lst month when I found out I need to get a new one every 10 yrs or so. he's carved this one up pr3etty good so far, so he says I should get 5-7 yrs now. all that $$$$ could be spent on more important things, like FABRIC or jewelry!!!! for goodness sakes!!!!!
i'm starting to collect dead peoples parts inside me. anyway, when I get home tomorrow, I hop I have my swap partners. that would make my day. oh......the fun will soon begin!