Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP >

November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP

November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP

Old 11-02-2013, 10:35 AM

Dotty - I did not make an album of the Oct swap. There weren't that many, if you want you could go to the last page and then just scroll backward page by page, then go down each page to see the PCs. Same for the swaps done by the previousm host. Maybe I'll try and get an album done for this swap is I can figure out how to copy them into a new post. And thank you for your kind words.

lynnie - as to putting the name together for a secret swap, it can't be done like you suggested -- wish it could. You need to look at who you are having as the sender (A) and who they sent to (B), and then you need to check that the B person isn't paired to send to A. It would be easy if everyone signed up for the same thing but some do 1 cushion, some do 2 cushions. Only part of the list has been sent out because I did half, then noticed I had that problem, so took a break, had some breakfast, and will redo the second half, which will go out this afternoon. (it's 11:30 my time here.)

Someone mentioned about Excell doing a mix and rematch but have no idea how to do that. I have the names on an Excell spread sheet to keep track of who tells me they sent and who says they received am am lucky enough to have figured that out. Excell wasn't around when I was in the workplace, well maybe it was, but my company didnt' use it.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:34 AM

All names are now sent out, and hopefully all is well with the swap. Please let me know if you haven't received a name, if you received the incorrect number of partners, or if you have any problems. Good luck, and happy sewing.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:41 AM

I have my names. TY. Now, how about another mystery quilt next year? (Not asking much!!)
Old 11-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

great, got my names, gotta run out to see if I can find one more thing, if not they're going the way they are. later everyone,
and A BIG THANKYOU FOR DOING THE SWAP
Old 11-02-2013, 12:35 PM

Mystery rings are dry and have been assembled, now just to put the finishing touches on it. Its looking great so far. Let see what kind of job I can do on the rest of it. This is the hard part for me. I have a really hard time with sewing certain shapes. Wish me luck.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Power Poster

mdall I am also curious on the rings. I have an idea, but I may be wrong. Can't wait to see what you make. Oh, I got my name. Now I will be busy today working on my pincushion. I only have an idea of what I want to make, but will know by the end of the day. (at least I hope so) Thank you to our wonderful host for this swap. She is so kind and helpful.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:06 PM

Dotty, my plan is to do another mystery quilt starting in January. Got a bit burned out from doing 5 of them in a 15 month period! But I will still continue to host the pincushion swap, too. I really enjoy the mysteries, they are fun to design and love to see what some of the ideas the gals guess at.

And I, too, am wondering what will she do with the rings ...... hmmm......

You're welcome, Lynnie
Old 11-02-2013, 02:10 PM

For those of you wondering, youll have to continue, originally idea not going to work. Fortunately I have come up with plan B still using them rings. Working out size and such as I eat dinner.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Power Poster

I've been trying to think what in the world you're doing with all those rings. I give up, I need to see pictures. you can pm me some pics of what you're doing. Promise I won't tell anyone, I won't wisper a word about it.

I'm frustrated, I went all over looking for tiny platters to put my turkeys on. I'm sorry, I can't find anything, anywhere. soo, dear partners, you're getting a naked turkey. hope you like them. they will be flying out on MONDAY. they are resting up and getting ready for the long flight to__________. Ha!!! thought i'd let that one slip out. Not gonna. I'm going to start My December ones later tonight. they are going to be simple but elegant, (I hope), i'll give you a hint, it's red velvet. I thought i'd go seasonal. if you're Jewish, let me know so I send you something appropriate. later everyone.

onto another subject. what to have for dinner??? Had IHOP for brunch. a tradition after the eye doctor.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Power Poster

I know, I know, i'm rushing it...saw a lexus Christmas commercial last night...when is sign up for December. I don't want to miss it.