Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP

mdall awwww your elephant is cute.
    Mary

yeah I'm already in. My problem is usually time.Right now I'm caught up. Think I might make a easy chair pin cushion for this or maybe something new.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Lawsonmugs, I love those pincushion that take a normal everyday decor items that people turn into pincushions. If you are talking about the one I think I would love that one. I also like the ones that use the molded shoes with all the bling. Cant find those darn shoes here or I would have given one of those a go. I just finished a basic mason jar cushion with some sewing notions attached to the jar for another swap. Will post a pic in a few once I am sure the glue has set. Still debating if I should add a few of the buttons to the top of the cushion or not.

I made a purse yesterday. I will post a picture if you all want to see it. I know that has nothing to do with this swap. It's just kind of quiet on here right now. Thought you might like to see it ?
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Sure, we love pics. We want to see the purse. Give us your purse. LOL

Blog Entries
    Here is the one I just finished. I also found these cure little cups and saucers in my cabinet the other day. Forgot they were even there. They were a gift for one of my kids back in their cooking and restaurant play days.
    Name:  DSC03208.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  143.0 KB Name:  DSC03213.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  141.4 KB

Not sure if the little cup would meet the 3x3 requirements unless I also counted the size of the saucer. Would be great for an extra little goody though.

here's my purse

my big sis rosemary (ladybug) gave me the black cherry fabric.The pattern I bought online. This purse has a different shape to it.I think that is what caught my eye.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mary

Very cute jar pin cushion. I love the cup and saucer.You going to make a cushion out of it?
    Mary

*girlish squeal* I love them all.
    But a bling-ed out shoe? Hmm... I'm intrigued.
    I love quilting - it's cheaper than therapy!
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

Blog Entries
    I've been trying to find shoe too. can't find one anywhere. the purse is cute. love the cherries.
    I was at STAPLES last week and they had a tape dispenser all blinged out (A SHOE).
    I was looking for a plain one. hey, I know, the Disney store...cinderellas slipper. or just about any princess this time of year. maybe you can find one there.
    I love the mason jar pin cushion, you can store thread or snippets in it.
    the little teacup looks fine to me. I think we use the 3 x 3 as an example so that no one gets a soda bottle cap pc.

Blog Entries
    These are the shoes that I was talking about. I also like the jewelry stand that matches but cant think of what to make with that other than using it to hold some extra fobs and such. Anyway, I was thinking rip the ring holder part out and full with stuffing and cover with fabric. I knew I had seen these somewhere and just figured it out earlier. It was at Family Dollar during the summer. I will look the next time I am there and see if they have any left. If they do, someone may be getting a shoe.

mdall - a visual is always better for me! I think I have seen the dress forms at places like TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Tuesday Morning, etc. Don't think I have ever seen a shoe ring organizer like that. The shoe would make a really fancy pincushion!
    I love quilting - it's cheaper than therapy!
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

Blog Entries
    So many pretty pin cushions.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

And mdall apologized to me, when she sent in her info, that she was a newbie at cushions! HA!! Those were gret, and everyone agreed. Loved what you posted.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Ok, friends! Now that I have joined you, you get treated to my opinions.I was lurking because some of the work here is staggeringly professional. My work is artsy craftsy. I always add a fat quarter in case my partner was hoping for a work of art. So join me. This is supposed to be fun. It does not have to take 10 hours to be appreciated!!
    Dotty in NYC

So true Dotty. I've seen your work and you have made some wonderful things. Some of the simplest items look the best.Everyone have a good day.
    Mary

Yes, Dotty, I agree with you, it should not be something that makes anyone feel intimidated. Pincushions are fun to make, and yes, certainly not a 10 hour project!
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Hi Lynnie,
    There is a shoe one at better homes and gardens site, Allpeoplequilt.com It is like a ballet slipper or baby slipper.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

I love the elephant everyone one has so many cute pin chusions...

Blog Entries
    that's what I ment when I said pick a simple shape and just stuff the heck out of it. that would make a very nice pc. if you want to fancy it up, put a bow on it. this supposed to be fun. I do crazy things coz i'm nuts. and coz I can't sit at the machine for hours. so I do something I can hand sew 10 minutes at a time.
    that dress form would be nice to hang scissors on, you know those little ones we all have and can never find.
    that shoe is awesome, you don't even have to rip it down, I could see quilting ones on the top, embroidery ones in the middle, basting ones ect. you get the idea.
    Dotty you can send me fat quarters or some home made pastries or whatever!!!!
    Personally, this is how I feel, I love to see people smile and make people happy. joining this swap, you get to know other people, sometimes do a side swap or whatever, and send something you made out to someone you don't know and put a smile on their face. that's what makes it all worthwhile. and the fun chatter too.

Blog Entries
    Went on the search for some ideas and found this. I like it but also find it a little creepy to have a large head sitting there starring at me and waiting for me to impale it with pins. LOL

Blog Entries
    Here another that is just a little strange.

They're funny.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    the eyes are creepy, but the head is more so. i'd like a voodoo doll better. where in the world did you
    find that crazy head!. i'm always searching for weird and different pincushions, but you take the prize for finding the strangest one. it should be on that show oddities. the work on the head is really nice, ,,but....
    happy Halloween to everyone

Blog Entries
    Lynnie, I just googled oddball pincushion designs and they popped up. Oddball in deed. I do believe I may try to make some of those eyeball ones for some of my more morbib friends. I know a couple that would love them.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast