Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!) >

November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

Old 10-21-2009, 02:44 PM

*raising my hand*.. I've got a question. Will we get any ideas to what the person likes/dislikes?

Reason I ask is that if you were to make a Christmas themed one and used Santa ans someone didn't like Santa, that might not be such a good thing to do.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:33 PM

I can answer that question tuesey! It's sender's choice this time around. If Santa is what you choose, I bet your recipient will love what you make. Even if they've never known Santa! That's what's so neat about this group! I encourage all of you to make a quilt you think would be fun to make. There are no agendas, requirements, etc. Just close your eyes and create. Let that artist out! Here's your chance to try new techniques, not be perfect, mismatch colors, screw up points and seams, etc. Anything goes, swappers. Just create and have fun. Use a pattern or wing it. I will guarantee your quilt will be loved!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

That is a huge list and growing, I see! The Oct. was my first and I had a blast making my little quilt and now I'm pacing back and forth in front of the mailbox...do expect anything other than a quilt??? No....I just can't wait to pet my new baby quilt! No worries about what you do or don't send or what you can or can't do...just have fun and play with us!!
Old 10-21-2009, 04:41 PM

Thank you Chele.. I'm already looking for a pattern to make.. found one that I'm thinking of incorporating into something else..
Old 10-21-2009, 06:56 PM

This is going to be so much fun. I can't wait to get started. When do the quilts need to be sent by?
Old 10-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tuesy
*raising my hand*.. I've got a question. Will we get any ideas to what the person likes/dislikes?

Reason I ask is that if you were to make a Christmas themed one and used Santa ans someone didn't like Santa, that might not be such a good thing to do.
Anyone who doesn't want to get seasonally-themed items probably wouldn't play in this one. Even I am thinking about putting a little sparkle in my quilty.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:14 PM

Chele, do you have me down for one or two? (I was reading your list, and didn't want to fudge up your numbers. If it is easier that I just do one, I can wait for the next doll quilt swap!)
Old 10-21-2009, 11:30 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Anyone who doesn't want to get seasonally-themed items probably wouldn't play in this one. Even I am thinking about putting a little sparkle in my quilty.
That's the spirit Mad! We'll have you ho-ho-hoing in no time! :D
Old 10-22-2009, 03:04 AM
Power Poster

I have been in on these since the first, and I can say that Just receiving a doll quilt is enough. they are all different, and I love each and everyone. the talent here and the creativity always amazes me. I am in the process of making a wall in my sewing room of just these beauties.
The first one , I was so scared, and worried over it for weeks :lol: :lol:
So, for all you new ones, I can assure that whatever you make , It will be just right, and whoever receives it will love and cherish it. These are a great way to use up scraps, and those small pieces of batting that we tend to collect. And I can't wait to see who I get this time. So, I now need to get the juices flowing and come up with a idea!!! :D :D
Old 10-22-2009, 05:30 AM
Power Poster

Hee heee hee...or should I say Ho..HO..HO! I started on mine last night! Now who will my victim...oops...I mean partner be???? :lol: :lol: