Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!) >

November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

Old 12-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by STAR
Kwhite I love your xmas quilt you made! and Teacup that little snowy quilt is lovely!

I feel bad that my top has been done forever!! and it is only halfway quilted!! But school is over for the semester but now working OT so I am still busy!!!! I will be sure to finish up this weekend though and get it in the mail. So _________ I will get it out in time!! Did you get that?? I can't hear you!!

Oh yeah you don't know it's you!LOL
Teaser!!! Teaser!!! Teaser!!! :D:D:D
Old 12-18-2009, 04:41 AM

Teacup, I, too, wait for the crocus of spring. My across the street neighbor has them in the front yard so that's my signal that warmth is coming. Your quilt is a beautiful representation of the sight I look so forward to seeing each spring. Beautiful job. So, if you send it out now does that mean that spring is almost here???
bev. :]
Old 12-18-2009, 05:02 AM

I just to finish the binding and add a few things and my quilt will be ready to go!!! I am hoping on Monday to mail it out! It will get to its new home shortly after Christmas! Hope it is loved!!
Old 12-18-2009, 02:36 PM

Well, I am thrilled to say that I finished the quilt last night, and just have to wash the quilting chalk off before I take and post a pic. Then it'll be off to ____________!!!! But I can say it's warm colors going to a (for now) wintery place. I'll post the picture tonight.

I'm not entirely satisfied with the quilting; too many times back over the same lines....I'm still learning free motion quilting, and I make lots of mistakes. I haven't had any lessons, so am figuring it out on my own. Hope it's OK enough.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:42 PM

It will be fine <g>
Old 12-18-2009, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by omak
It will be fine <g>
Thanks for the encouragement!!

Whenever the rush is over ( :? ) I plan to spend some time just practicing the FMQ thing.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:00 PM

My quilt went in the mail to my person today! Hope you like it!
Old 12-18-2009, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by quiltease
Teacup, I, too, wait for the crocus of spring. My across the street neighbor has them in the front yard so that's my signal that warmth is coming. Your quilt is a beautiful representation of the sight I look so forward to seeing each spring. Beautiful job. So, if you send it out now does that mean that spring is almost here???
Boy, I wish spring was almost here! It may be in some parts of the world. However, I am looking foward to trying to sew more during cold winter weekends, so there is one good thing about the cold days to come! If spring was here I'd have to be out cleaning up the flower beds instead of playing with fabric.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Teacup
Originally Posted by quiltease
Boy, I wish spring was almost here! It may be in some parts of the world. However, I am looking foward to trying to sew more during cold winter weekends, so there is one good thing about the cold days to come! If spring was here I'd have to be out cleaning up the flower beds instead of playing with fabric.
I agree with you teacup. I love working in the flower beds but working with fabric in the winter is lots of fun, too. We will have a blizzard tomorrow but no time for quilting, I have lots to do before Santa comes.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:07 PM

OK. Here it is. I wish the quilting had come out better; I am still very much a novice at FMQ. Overall I think it came out OK. Hope you and the new owner like it.

Autumn Garden
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60395[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-60395.jpe