Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November/December 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!) >

November/December 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

November/December 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

Old 10-21-2010, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by OLDNTATTED
You betcha! This is the dearest wifie and I spotted the sign-up while browsing at work (ok, the teachers are on break and we're all caught up at the Graphics Arts Dept, so I could browse) and let ONT know. His brain is on overload wondering whether to go with one of the holidays, or recipient specific. We'll pm Chele next.
Just had to say again how great your swap was this month! One question: is that meant to be a pile of fabric or a pile of empty dog dishes? I love the way Ray's 2 loves, Rosie and Rylee, are represented in the piece!
I saw that pattern online somewhere and thought it was cute. So, I decided to make it. :) Those are dog dishes, but I guess it could be piles of fabric too! I'm just glad he AND you like it. The one he sent me is just way too cute! My little girl cat has decided she likes it more because it has become her new bed. She loves to "make it softer" and if I turn it over so she cannot lay on the back of it, she paws at it until she can get the "soft" side back to her. lol
Old 10-21-2010, 09:04 AM

Please sign me up. Sounds like fun!
Old 10-21-2010, 03:09 PM

What if we do a Christmas themed and the person doesn't do Christmas? Should we do more generic? I'm cornfused.

Suzanne
Old 10-21-2010, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by SuzanneTx
What if we do a Christmas themed and the person doesn't do Christmas? Should we do more generic? I'm cornfused.

Suzanne
That could be as bad as sending a Festivus quilt to someone who does celebrate Christmas! = )

I'm sticking with snowmen (if I make a winter themed quilt, it could be a trick to make the surprise more surprising!)

<--- scratching head and wondering if there has ever been a Festivus themed quilt, Lol, and more wondering what it would look like
Old 10-21-2010, 03:59 PM

Well the deadline for the the swap is December 31st, so some people may be sending their little quilts after Christmas is over. I would think no theme or a generic winter theme is best for this one.

I have a few ideas in mind, and I'll wait until I get my partner and then "research" them, LOL. You'll be surprised by how much you learn from looking at previous posts.

With that said, if you are sending your quilt in November, and you know your pal celebrates Christmas, I see no problem in using a Christmas theme:)

Just my two cents.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:06 PM

with the last one I think it was just a chance that you take. if you don't celebrate x-mas but join the swap you don't know what you will get.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:40 PM

We're easy, swappers. If you want to make a Christmas quilt, have fun with it. I doubt anyone would be offended. Same with a Hanukkah, Kwanza or any other idea/theme you have in mind. We're all here on the same planet and we're quilters. We have lots in common and respect everyone. And you know what, you don't even have to have a theme. Just make something and have fun doing it. Having fun IS a requirement. If I hear otherwise, heads will roll! LOL! I love saying heads will roll! Just have fun peeps!
Old 10-21-2010, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Chele
If I hear otherwise, heads will roll! LOL! I love saying heads will roll!
Oh Chele....have you given me another challenge?????

:idea: :P
Old 10-21-2010, 07:03 PM

just sent you a pm with my snail mail addy,,,,this sounds neat...I love secrets
Jacie
Old 10-21-2010, 07:07 PM

My dolls quilt will have an international theme but won't be a Christmas or winter one but it will be made with love. And I will have FUN making it. Have spent the morning looking for fabric, as if I don't have enough in my stash :) My first dolls quilt swap and I am excited too.