November Mini Swap

Old 11-19-2014, 08:24 AM

You can pm me now for early sign up for dec if need be.

Lovely mini tesspug. Lovin the sneak peeks too.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by MaryMo View Post
MizMelly, I am anxiously awaiting for my mini's arrival with that sneak peak. I noticed that the corner is so perfectly mitered, I hope my mini to you can meet those standards. BTW, yours will be in the mail today.

My inspiration for this project is my sneak peak ......
Cool, Mary! Can't wait to see it!!
Old 11-19-2014, 06:04 PM
Power Poster

MizMelly and MaryMo you both have great sneak peaks.

Teresa is it a choice of one of the three Winter/Christmas/Holiday or is it a combination of all? If it is one of the three can we let our partner know which one of the three we like or just leave it to them? I know, I am full of questions, but maybe some others want to know also.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:05 AM

Nice lil sneak peek and "inspiration peek"!
My mini is en route to it's new owner...

I figured the upcoming swap is one of the options, or a combo of them..whichever the maker chooses...
It seems our hostess is really great at coming up with ideas and letting us "run with them".

My only "issue" with waiting for whomever we get telling us their wishes, is it makes it where we can't start on the mini until we get our partner, and then hear from them. Sometimes with my health issues, and my mom's, and hubby's health, I have to start on things when I can, as I may not get a chance if I wait. I know I see where some already have their minis well underway by the time sign ups close. I'm not usually that organised, but I'd like to be..lol

My hubby has to have another surgery on his leg. The Dr is doing it in December, but we don't have an exact date yet.. So that may limit me, and I'd like to already be making my mini following the theme Teresa has set.

And for whomever gets me, I say, "Surprise me!".

Regards all,

K

Last edited by kiffie2413; 11-20-2014 at 01:16 AM.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:38 AM

That's what I do Kiffee, once the theme is given...I start sewing. I usually make 2 if I can and when I get my partner's name then I can choose which one to send. By "stalking" her a little I can usually pick which one I think she'd like more and then I can use the other for a little gift or SP package. By sending earlier she can use it longer, wouldn't be much fun to send a Christmas one and not receive it until the very end of the month. I actually did start 2 yesterday, Christmas and Winter
Old 11-20-2014, 07:54 AM

Thanks for the tip, Jaba! I need to do that too!
Old 11-20-2014, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

Kiffie, Jaba, that just makes too much sense. lol. That is a good idea.

Teresa, sign me up too for the December one.

Kiffie, I will be praying for your husband's surgery to go well, and him to recover quickly with no problems.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:07 AM

JuneBillie,
I thank you for the prayers, and getting to know you through our "mini swappery" this month!

Jaba,
Superb thinking! I don't know that I'd have time to make 2 minis, but if I stop doing lots of embellishing and hand work on them, and driving myself and my hubby crazy with my indecisiveness when choosing stuff, taking out, and starting over, I might...

I see beautiful minis every month, and I know I need to break out of my applique and do other types! Paper piecing is wonderful, regular piecing is great! I'm just a creature of habit who seems to always go the applique way... And I know others do beautiful applique...I just need to stop pulling out everything and going over and over and over what design? Mix and match? Now which fabrics? Which exact shade or print (or none) do I use?? Search online for color book pages/free images that I may want to turn into applique and or hand embroidery... Go through all my books and patterns, too.. Oftentimes I mix and match ideas, as well.. I just must not be nearly as efficient as a lot of you amazing people here!

Then I must put everything back (mostly) as I may have a bit of a "hoarding" issue, but it's organized chaos! If not, that would open a whole nother issue for me. Lol.
No wonder my dear dil has told me she has a tough time choosing things here, because there's too much.
That old saying, You might be a hoarder....a well organized one, but still...

Ah well, it takes all types, eh??!! As I always say, if we all liked the same things how dull the world would be!
Kif
PS Jaba,
Nice to meet a fellow "stalker" lol.. I do the same thing...

Last edited by kiffie2413; 11-20-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:14 PM

I sent my PM to Teresa so I am already signed up for next month! Yippee!!! I really missed not doing one this month.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:45 PM
Power Poster

Kiffie the mini I made you is on its way, and should arrive on Monday.