Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Pincushion/Needlecase Swap - Maker's Choice - Anything Goes >

November Pincushion/Needlecase Swap - Maker's Choice - Anything Goes

November Pincushion/Needlecase Swap - Maker's Choice - Anything Goes

Old 11-25-2015, 06:27 AM
Power Poster

Mary my son has a bathroom in his house that is decorated with cute little cows. You wouldn't think that could be nice looking, but it is. He and my daughter in law have it so tastefully done. There is a little cow bell on one wall. A little shelf that has a cow hanging, but then my son has a urinal in there too besides the regular commode. He is a nut. lol...He said he had it where his buddies would be right at home in his bathroom. lol.. My daughter in law has her bathroom that really is the master bedroom bath room all pretty and frilly to her tastes.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

LOL Pamela, not to worry... I think we all just love to see pictures of the cute things each other are making. Love the cow stuff! That pincushion, especially. And the circular needlecase... been wanting to try one of those.

Annaquilts, I feel your pain about the international shipping costs. That's why I usually say I can't do it. I do like to swap internationally, but only once in a while. (I do want our international friends to have a swap partner.) I think the most expensive I've found is sending from America to Australia. I have a friend who lives there and I'd love to be able to send her goodies more often!
Old 11-25-2015, 10:47 AM
Power Poster

Pat I think we all know here the turkey's went. I don't know where the goats maybe at. About once a year I do swap with another country,just is too expensive especially at the holidays. I love their different fabrics.Susan I used to have all cow themed kitchen,then seemed like everyone did the cow theme.Mine is a mix of farm now. I want to wish everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.Be thankful for what you have. So many have nothing.Hugs to all of you!!!!<3<3
Old 11-25-2015, 12:51 PM

The goats used to be where the turkeys were but all summer long they were in different fields. I wonder if the coyotes go after them. A lot of people lease land to farm in the National Park.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and eat as much as you can
Old 11-25-2015, 04:05 PM

Susan -- I have cows all over the place but, surprisingly, not in the bathroom. Maybe I will look for a cowbell. I do have one outside my front door, but I never use the front door, so I don't actually get to see it! Maybe I should move it inside. Not sure hubby would care for that. We'll see!

I would love to swap internationally, too, but haven't so far. I will, one day. Maybe not this month, though. I've been concerned with shipping costs, too -- I have heard about those costs from several people now. And I wonder, do people insure the package, too? I know one should, but that means the person on the other end receiving has duty to pay on it, since it has a value. Not exactly a win-win. I just keep thinking about it.

Everybody, have a safe & wonderful Thanksgiving! And eat lots of turkey!
Old 11-25-2015, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Good Morning! I want to share with everyone the fabulous package that ljdugas31 sent to me. As I described yesterday, the detail on everything is just amazing! The pincushion and needle case are gorgeous as is the embellished notebook! She also included chocolate, yum! [ATTACH=CONFIG]536202[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]536204[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]536205[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]536206[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]536207[/ATTACH]Thank you Linda for everything!

Ldugas31, you are amazing. I always seeing what you send. Lots of thought
Old 11-25-2015, 09:22 PM

I received my PC/nc[ATTACH=CONFIG]536532[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]536533[/ATTACH] swap today from Irene of Fort Worth , tx . I don't know your member name. I received quite an array of vintage items in a well thought out richly ornate needle book case . , pincushion, and handmade manican . In shades of blue and lots of lace really pretty. Then 2 yards of fabrics and other goodies. Thank you Irene C.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 11-25-2015, 09:34 PM
Power Poster

I love all the blues and frilly frou-frou! Great job on everything, IreneC!
Old 11-26-2015, 05:35 AM

IreneC -- what a beautiful swap! Nan62 is a lucky lady!
Old 11-26-2015, 08:34 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! Hope your day is filled with love of family and friends