Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NOVEMBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Signup Closes October 31 >

NOVEMBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Signup Closes October 31

NOVEMBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Signup Closes October 31

Old 11-16-2014, 09:06 AM

Adding an ornament was not the plan but if someone wants to do that, it's ok with me. Since it is the Christmas swap, I will be adding a few extras like we usually do. Who knows what I'll be putting in the package. Sshh, it will be a surprise!
Old 11-16-2014, 09:41 AM
Power Poster

I think adding a ornament would be a fun thing to do. But not everyone has time to make an extra ornament.I was reading another thread and someone was saying they might not have time to join a swap because of making so much this time of year. Ya know what might be fun too is a Christmas in July or something. Maybe send a ornament then. I love them and don't care when they are sent. Sis I love your snow angels.My pin cush and needlebook partners have received their swaps from me. I'm waiting for mine like a kid. Have a good sunday everyone and stay warm.Getting snow here right now,got about 3/4".
Old 11-16-2014, 11:40 AM

Mary I think you are sending me your snow. It's just starting here and supposed to have 1-3 by tomorrow morning and then an additional 1-3.
I just had my Thanksgiving dinner. The gas station that I go to is affiliated with a big grocery store and I just got a Pilgrim sub. Turkey, cheese, cranberry sauce, gravy on a stuffing like roll. MMMMMM
I'm making extra ornaments and will put one in the swaps.
I bought my first Christmas present today. It's Rush Revere and the Pilgrims. It's for my DGD but I'm reading it first.
I did stay away from the craft stores.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:04 PM
Power Poster

Mary, I love th idea of a Christmas in July ornament swap. That's a fantastic idea!!! It would give us all a lot of time to get things done. Let's face it. we know it's coming so why not be prepared a months in advance.
Pat your sandwich sounds super yummo.

Got my new engagement mounting and had my stone reset today. Looks beautiful. I called a jewelry store and they wanted $80 to resize the ring from a 9 to a 10 and $40 to set the stone ( one ct.). I went to my jeweler and he did the whole job for $40, kept the old mounting and gave me back $5. so it cost me nothing and I made 5 on the deal. it pays to shop around. just wanted to see what the average person pays for things.

It's cold here today aboyt 40*, we'll get rain for the next few days. No snow though.
I kept away from craft stores, but have a trail on a featherweight I might be able to score. I'll let you know.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:09 PM
Power Poster

Pat, what no yard sales? lol. It's still snowing. Big flakes now starting to pile up quick. got close to 2" now. Since my partner Elayne thanked me for her pin cushion I guess it's safe to post a picture of it. It's a pumpkin pie with white tiny yo yo's for the whipped cream. After I made it I just laughed. The heart is a book mark.
Attached Thumbnails dsc02860.jpg  
Old 11-16-2014, 12:13 PM
Power Poster

Lynnie I would love to see a picture of your ring. Sounds like you got a good deal. You know it doesn't have to be Christmas in July. June is good or Aug. Those months are not usually themed. By then I'm not tired of Winter themes.Love the holidays but would like to maybe spread out some of the cheer. lol.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:21 PM

Mary you just reminded me that there were Estate sales today and I forgot all about them. I really need some square jars or bottles. I love your pumpkin pie. That's what I had for breakfast. Nice pc with matching bookmark. I just love those fabrics. Before the weekend I saw somewhere out west that it was so cold that they had to take a newborn baby calf inside the house to warm it up. It was so cute. I just hope that if it gets that cold here I can stay in the house.
Lynnie your ring sounds really nice. I had a 2 carat Diamonique that looked like a real one but now it's cloudy and I don't wear it.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:44 PM

Just posting to let you know that I am alive and getting well. Thurs after I went to the Drs. I came down with the worst stomach/intestional virus I have ever had. DD kept saying that I needed to go to the ER,but we had bad icy roads and our hospital is about 35 mins away on good roads. Fri night I was able to keep broth down. Sat night DH caught the mess and was so sick we took him to the ER. I got home at 1:00 am Sun morning. My ribs are killing me.
No matter how early I start my pc or nc, I'm always the last to send. Hoping to send by the date.
The pc and ncs coming in are great. I especially like the pie wagon nc and the hand embroidery.
As far as next months swap, I will aim to get my 2 items done, then see how much is going on with Thanksgiving, Christmas parties, I have the MR swap to do, etc. I will put in extras but can't guarantee they will be homemade.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:28 PM
Power Poster

Mary, cute pumpkin pie and goodies. I love a good creamy pie. could go for one now. Great tissue holder too. it's getting to be that season.
Pat. clan it very well with ammonia and the cloudiness should go away. they look good till they get dirty. Or go to your jeweler and he'll steam clean it for you and it will look good again.
We're in for a heavy rain storm tomorrow, so I guess i'll be staying in tomorrow. everyone, stay warm. Keep your fur babies warm too.
Oh Mary...hows the baby bull?
Old 11-16-2014, 04:11 PM

Lynnie when I said that about the ornament I was just asking what we need in the package besides the PC... Are we suppose to do a NC also??? It was my idea to add the ornament and I am going to do that for my partner... That wasn't a have to and you can always buy a cute one at the store... $ tree has cute ones.... Whatever, I just need to know if I have to make both PC and NC????