Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NOVEMBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Signup Closes October 31 >

NOVEMBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Signup Closes October 31

NOVEMBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Signup Closes October 31

Old 11-18-2014, 08:13 AM

That would be fun, we'll fly out on the 15th, cruise is on the 19th of January, back on the 24th, but we'll be there until we fly home on the 31st. We'd have about 5-6 days we should be able to meet.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:58 AM

Great! We'll have to make some plans in January. I'll look forward to it.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:47 AM

I left here at 9:30 and it was 11. I'm now back and it's a balmy 15. This is way to cold for this time of year. I might be getting more snow but I hope it's only Lake effect and I won't get that. Buffalo is supposed to get 4 feet of snow. 4 FEET what are they nuts.
Everyone stay warm
Old 11-18-2014, 12:57 PM

Many people have added very interesting pins to their cushions when they send them to the SP. Where do you find them? Do you make them? (I feel like I am asking a stupid question, but I am asking anyway!)
Old 11-18-2014, 02:21 PM

We make them. You get the 3" floral pins and then just glue the beads on them. I have used 2" pins to put on the small pumpkins. You can get them at JoAnn's. I've gotten some on Ebay.
Attached Thumbnails march-swap-001.jpg  
Old 11-18-2014, 02:32 PM

I love the fancy beaded pins. I'm so happy when I get them from my swap partner. I haven't ever made any. What type of glue do you use?
DH is now feeling better, but DD is now feeling sick. What a mess! Hopefully not another trip to the ER.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Power Poster

SULA, JOIN US for our next swap, as you can see, we have lots of fun, and we are fun!
Love making fancy pins, I use crazy glue gel on mine, if that helps. I try to find color co ordinated
beads for mine, but that doesn't always work out.
Jaba, where is your cruise to???? What line, ect. oh, just tell us all about the cruise> We need
details on this. I need pictures too of all the great places you see and go to. Have a great time
and think of all us landlubbers while you're cruising.
Still no pc yet. Anyone know what day is signup for this month???
Old 11-18-2014, 02:49 PM

Lynnie, since I will be traveling on the 25th, I will post sign-ups on the 24th before I leave. I won't be able to pass out names until Dec. 3rd after I return home. Since that is later than usual, that's why I suggested for people to try to plan ahead. But, of course, you already plan well ahead!
Old 11-18-2014, 02:53 PM

Speaking of that, I already have one set of a pc and nc finished for one partner next month. I bought some special fabric and they turned out great. I can't wait to see if my partner likes them. I'll probably make another set for a second partner.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:54 PM
Power Poster

I regret to say we still weren't able to get to the post office today due to the icy roads. Tomorrow is suppose to warm up, and we will be out then. It's in the teens again tonight, and where we live is in the mountains so they didn't have school today either.

I do apologize to the one who sent me my wonderful package. I am very excited to see it, but just want to make it back to tell everyone all about it. We don't even live far from the post office, but we live up a steep drive way, and it's covered in frozen snow right now, and the black top road to the highway is covered in ice.

This winter has already broke records for our area for having what we do so early in the year. Yes, I heard about those places getting so many feet of snow. I can't even imagine. One year here we did get about 1 1/2 foot of snow. Living where I do meant down trees everywhere. Emergency people driving 4-wheelers to reach the sick further out in the woods where they live. My son always keeps in chain saw on him so if he comes across a down tree across the road to be able to cut it up and move it out of his way. Country Living! But I love it too.

When we get a big snow I always like to go out long enough to make snow angels. Do any of you do that? My bones won't take what they once did, but I still go out long enough to do it.