Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-04-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by jlin52 View Post
Here is today's test message - trying to get signature to work

rats - still not getting it

Jlin, I don't think this new board supports the living signature, you'll just have to re do your signature by clicking on settings and scroll to "MY SETTINGS" and then click on "edit signature." I had to delete the living signature too and just do my own by how I just told you.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:58 PM

I don't even think we can resize our pics....anyone know for sure???
Old 11-04-2011, 12:59 PM

oh well, need to do more reading - moving on - I have not seen either one of my SPs' post any messages - that could be clue #2 -
Old 11-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Power Poster

Teresa I had to open my picture from my desktop and right click on it then a menu opened and I left click on edit.then a new toolbar opened with my picture and I was able to resize it,then saved my changes. then it would post as it was a smaller picture.All programs are not alike so I'm not sure if this will work for everyone. Mary
Old 11-04-2011, 01:14 PM

Hey everyone! Hope you're having a great day. Mary I love your sewing machine cover! The picture you posted is of when I was your sp and that was my 1st and only mugrug. LOL! I finally started getting my email alerts of when someone posts. Don't know what I did but it worked.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

I thought it was from you Darlene but I couldn't find my list to be sure. I didn't want to post someones name and it be wrong.It is a pretty mugrug and I love it.I have 4 from different pals now and I change them out about twice a month so I can hand wash them and let them air dry.You should make more you did a great job on mine.I think if you go into settings you can change the default setting so that you recieve email for new posts. I'm not sure about any of it anymore.lol If you click on quick links at the top of the heading you can then click on subscribed threads and that takes you to the threads you post on. Hope I said this right. Mary
Old 11-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

Ah Ha!! Go to forum actions at the top of this page in the green bar that goes all the way across the page. click on forum actions a menu drops down then click on General settings. this is where you can click on the setting for recieving email on threads you post on.Mary
Old 11-04-2011, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
ARGH! I do so hate addictions! However, I have to stand up and say, Hi my name is Wendy and I am addicted to the people who participate on this board! I tried to stay off but kept coming back just for a quick look, even though i get irritated quickly with it, I love reading the posts on this thread and hopefully things will go a wee bit smoother. My son did some magic to my laptop, dunno... And now the screen is not as bright
Please send that nice young man over to my house !!!
Old 11-04-2011, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by jlin52 View Post
oh well, need to do more reading - moving on - I have not seen either one of my SPs' post any messages - that could be clue #2 -

Julie you did it! Care to share????
Old 11-04-2011, 02:26 PM

Unhappy

I see some have already received their package. I don't even know who my sp is yet. I hadn't been able to get on very much the beginning of the week and then it was down. when the new board was up I was trying to figure things out then it came to I couldn't send or receive pm because I had too many pm in my box(who knew that was going to happen?). it took the time I had available to be on here to figure out how to get messages deleted without deleting every thing, as there are some with info I need. I expect as I discover things it will get better, but it was very frustrating the first time I was trying to even figure out how to find anything, and get to where I could even send a pm. Whew. So I'm hoping I'll get some info from Lori, at least now I can receive a pm. And I am discovering some things. Did find a post from Patricej so maybe there is hope.

Last edited by starshine; 11-04-2011 at 02:32 PM.