Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: November Secret Pal Swap (Closes Midnight Oct. 31) Come join us!

November Secret Pal Swap (Closes Midnight Oct. 31) Come join us!

Please Fill Out A New Form For This Month.
    This is a monthly secret pal swap. There is a sign up every month, and you can
    choose whether or not to participate each month. You will get a different partner each month, and the person you send to will may be different than the person you receive from. Failure to send your package after signing up will be cause to be banned from all future swaps. Please do not sign up if you cannot fulfill your obligation. Have fun and be creative!

After receiving your Secret Pal’s details, go to work and put together a package with something you think your pal would like. There is a $15.00 limit on this swap that does not include what you have in your stash. (This does not include shipping) Most swappers do not mind like-new stash items. You will need to send me (HAV4Boys) a PM when mailing and receiving. This way I can keep my records straight. Also send a PM to your SP thanking them and leave feedback.

Please take pictures and post in group as everyone likes to see what you get.

Packages need to be mailed out by November 17th, this is a Firm deadline. All International mailings must be mailed by November 10th FIRM. If you know that you cannot mail by that date, Please Do Not Sign Up.

For international mailing it is very important that you mark your parcel as a 'Gift' on the Customs Declaration (there's a box you can check). Also, the value should be $10 only (even if you send diamond necklace). The person receiving the package is liable for Import Duty, Tax and a Handling fee. This can cost the person receiving as much as $40.

Padded envelopes are much cheaper to send compared to small boxes. These can be ordered free of charge from the USPS website.

You must have a phone # or email to sign up

Please fill out the questionnaire below and Private Message me your info by midnight September 30 to join the swap. Please do not use a prior month’s form as I have made changed to the form.

Screen Name:
    Address:
    City, State, Zip:
    Birthday (month and date)
    Do you have Allergies/Allergens?
    Favorite Color(s):
    Least favorite color(s):
    The fabric type/color I am looking for?
    Brand of sewing machine?
    How long have you been sewing/quilting?
    Would you like to receive gently used items pertaining to quilting/sewing?
    Socks/Slippers/T-Shirts and what sizes?
    Body washes/Lotions/Organic bar soap?
    Magazine or patterns?
    Quilting Notions?
    Besides quilting what do you like to do?
    Do you like to read and if so what type?
    Would you like to receive candy/cookies/snacks/drinks?
    Do you have pets, if so what kind?
    Do you collect anything, if so what?
    What do you want the most and what don’t you want?
    What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?
    What would be the most amazing adventure you would like to have?
    What are you thankful for at this moment?
    Tell your SP something about yourself to make it easier for them to purchase for you.(PLEASE fill this section out, it helps your SP buy for you.)

Can you mail international?
    Email address:
    Phone number:

Sign Ups will close October 31 at 11:59 PM PST and names will be sent out no later than November 2nd.

If your pal does not receive her/his package within a reasonable time I will need tracking information. If there is an exception on the mailing, you will need to inform me ASAP. No one enjoys not getting a package after they have sent one.

Have fun and be creative!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-23-2018 at 10:51 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Blog Entries
    Pm sent, thanks Hav4boys!

i have been guilty of forgetting to send you pm’s when I mail and receive. I will do better moving forward.
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Generally I can follow the board and mark them off. This time of year work is busy and crazy so it is more difficult. We are over the hump. so hopefully it will be easier for me.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

So sorry to hear you're having a problem with keeping track of everybody. You've done a great job so far!

Count me in for next month please; sending info now.

I am in. Looking forward to it. I will make sure to send PMs with all the shipping info.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Sent my information in. In fact I think that I sent it twice. Guess I really wanted to be included. Thanks BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Hi there, count me in sending bio now.
    Vontina Collick

"If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward" -Dr. Martin L. King, Jr.

Peggy, thank you for hosting again! I send my sign up in. Looking forward to swapping.
    Anna Quilts

Hi Kathy,

I am in again, I have PM'ed my details.

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

I am in! Can't wait.

I want to thank everyone who is in. I have been sick since Tuesday and just got in the email. I am ready for the 1st! Going to be fun... love the holidays and putting packages together.

I will be out of town for the week it is mailing time, so I'm skipping this one....but will be watching for the goodies to arrive in this post. It's always fun, this swap!

Quote Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
    I will be out of town for the week it is mailing time, so I'm skipping this one....but will be watching for the goodies to arrive in this post. It's always fun, this swap!
    You'll be missed. Have a good trip.
    Anna Quilts

Tomorrow will be the big day... new secret pals for the month of October. I am ready!

Oh yes! I am ready.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Sending PM now!

SEnt pm last week. looking forward to this month. anything to help as the weather gets cooler and wetter.

All the secret pals are out. Whew, thought I would only have time to do half before my meeting but got them all out. Have fun putting your packages together.

In my partner's state it is It is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday and it is illegal to get a fish drunk.

In my partner's state, speeding is not illegal.

Blog Entries
    In the state my sp lives it’s illegal to imitate an animal.
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

In your state, it is illegal to sell your eyes. Ewww! Why did they need to spell it out?

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    SP in your state no more than two people can share a single drink. Ministers are forbidden from eating garlic or onions before delivering a sermon. Dishes must drip dry. Your single digit zip code is 8.
    BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Blog Entries
    Had fun today at our local community bazaar and found a few treasures for my secret pal. Hint: we’ve never swapped before.
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I have a request for the person who gets and the person who receives my sp package. I am not able to post pictures of the items received and sent so if you could take a picture and post them I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance. BrendaK

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast