Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Swap Sign-Ups-Closes at midnight October 31 - Come join the fun! >

November Secret Pal Swap Sign-Ups-Closes at midnight October 31 - Come join the fun!

November Secret Pal Swap Sign-Ups-Closes at midnight October 31 - Come join the fun!

Old 10-31-2021, 11:00 PM

Hey, I sent my info again in case something had happened. I changed it a little bit so please use the one from tonight in the swap. Thank you for doing this. It is definitely a nice way to bring some cheer to the winter months.
Old 11-01-2021, 06:17 AM

Okay, all the names are out. Have fun with this Thanksgiving month package.

I want to take a moment and thank everyone of you who participate. I loved this swap and when it was going to have no host, I did not want it to end. I volunteered and have to say I love hosting it.

Have fun!

Kathy
Old 11-01-2021, 02:02 PM
Power Poster

I already picked up one of my secret pal's most wanted and ordered another item that should come in this week. I hope to send it out as soon as the item comes in.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:32 AM

Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Okay, all the names are out. Have fun with this Thanksgiving month package.

I want to take a moment and thank everyone of you who participate. I loved this swap and when it was going to have no host, I did not want it to end. I volunteered and have to say I love hosting it.

Have fun!

Kathy

Kathy,

We are all so grateful that you took on the task of running the SP swap. I love getting something lovely through the mail and I love shopping for others, it makes me have to think. But most of all I love the friendships that I have made on here! So again.... Thank you so much!

Hugs

Caroline x

Old 11-02-2021, 09:32 AM

Thank you Caroline.

A little note for international shipping. If you have any advice about shipping, please share. I know one participant uses pirate shipping (I believe that is the name) and it was much cheaper to ship. I also see DHL is a much cheaper shipping service to.

Any one have experience?
Old 11-02-2021, 12:44 PM

I have used pirate shipping and it is cheaper but you can't use USPS envelopes or boxes.
Old 11-03-2021, 11:00 AM

Hmmmm…. That’s interesting, as I use pirate ship and send the bubble mailers flat rate almost every month. I don’t get much of a price break on them though. The biggest savings I’ve seen have been with international and first class domestic. I just sent one first class today for 4 that would have been 7. Last month I had to mail through the post for international and paid the same for first class as priority costs me on pirate ship. I definitely recommend checking it out! 😊

Originally Posted by Goatmom View Post
I have used pirate shipping and it is cheaper but you can't use USPS envelopes or boxes.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:20 PM

How is everyone. Busy her. Made a quilt for a friend's 60th birthday. She picked colors and I made it. Post a picture once I am on the computer.
Old 11-08-2021, 04:59 PM

Default I received a great swap package from PamelaOry!

Tons of luscious beige fabrics (my wanted item), a stunning precut bundle with two sizes of fabric, an adorable sewing machine pattern, two spools of Aurifil thread, a Fall 3-D card with hot chocolate and tea in it, cutter blades (another loved item), a chocolate bar, and the most precious "thimble-shaped" beeswax hanging from a clasp for my thread!

Love it all! Many thanks!

Deborah
Attached Thumbnails img_0845.jpg  
Old 11-08-2021, 06:18 PM
Power Poster

I sent your package today and it should be there Friday 11/12/21. Sure hope you like something I sent. Wonder who to whom I am talking.

Stay healthy all.

BrendaK