Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35 >
  • November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35

• November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35

Old 11-21-2010, 07:49 PM

For December, maybe it should not be an SP swap, but rather "Know your Angel" swap. This way The host would put two people together with their contact information. The two would know each other and swap gifts with each other keeping contact with each other throughout the month. They would let each other know when they sent the gift. This will create new friendships and keep each other accountable. This will also take the stress off the host! The host would only get the two together. Just a thought.
    Originally Posted by pattis47
    I very much would be interested in a quick turnaround swap for December.....or would be willing to help do mini swaps privately between those interested in DEC SWAP-> -> ->

Originally Posted by SuzanneTx
    It's looking like we will NOT be having a swap in December. This is due to a lot of problems with not knowing if packages are received and time constraints.

We will pick things back up in January which will give everyone time to get their Christmas things done, small items bought or made for next years swap and to just breathe.

Please feel free to do mini swaps privately between each other.

If something changes this weekend, we may do a quick turnaround swap for December.

Hugs!
    Suzanne
    Old 11-21-2010, 07:54 PM

Alisapao730, check this out.

http://www.cozy-mystery.com/blog/qui...mysteries.html

Originally Posted by Alisapao730
    OOOO i really love to read! I think that I would love a bok about quilting! I wonder how many books/Authors there are out there on quilting. Does anyone know of a good book or series?
    Originally Posted by Katie Ann
    I got my SP package today. It came from KReinhart 742 -- Karla -- who lives in Astoria, OR. Thank you, Karla, I love everything. Lots of goodies in my package. A "What Not Basket" that Karla made out of bunny fabric. I love bunnies. There is a quilt pattern that Karla designed. It is so cute. I'm going to have to make one. It's called Jeweled Moose & Coneflowers. Her website is riverviewquilts.net. I'm going to check it out as soon as I finish this. I also got really cute Santa stick notes and pen, cute candy cane notebook, blue/purple batik fabric (I love batiks and blue/purple fabric), a cute fabric panel, a book, Old Maid's Puzzle, a Terri Thayer quilting mystery. Can't wait to read that. And some yummy Lindt Lindor Truffles. Thank you so much again, Karla. Love everything!
    Old 11-21-2010, 08:00 PM

Sounds like a fine idea to me. As long as we have a swap, I am for it. I went back thru the pages and found where more than 25 said they were in for a DEC SWAP. I dont know how many others might have PM'd Suzanne.

For December, maybe it should not be an SP swap, but rather "Know your Angel" swap. This way The host would put two people together with their contact information. The two would know each other and swap gifts with each other keeping contact with each other throughout the month. They would let each other know when they sent the gift. This will create new friendships and keep each other accountable. This will also take the stress off the host! The host would only get the two together. Just a thought.
    I very much would be interested in a quick turnaround swap for December.....or would be willing to help do mini swaps privately between those interested in DEC SWAP-> -> ->

It's looking like we will NOT be having a swap in December. This is due to a lot of problems with not knowing if packages are received and time constraints.

We will pick things back up in January which will give everyone time to get their Christmas things done, small items bought or made for next years swap and to just breathe.

If something changes this weekend, we may do a quick turnaround swap for December.

Hugs!
    Suzanne
    Old 11-21-2010, 08:05 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Hugs!
    Suzanne
    Old 11-21-2010, 08:15 PM

Wow! Thank you Katieann! I'll have to send this to my DH and drop a few hints! How exciting!
    Alisapao730, check this out.

http://www.cozy-mystery.com/blog/qui...mysteries.html

OOOO i really love to read! I think that I would love a bok about quilting! I wonder how many books/Authors there are out there on quilting. Does anyone know of a good book or series?
    I got my SP package today. It came from KReinhart 742 -- Karla -- who lives in Astoria, OR. Thank you, Karla, I love everything. Lots of goodies in my package. A "What Not Basket" that Karla made out of bunny fabric. I love bunnies. There is a quilt pattern that Karla designed. It is so cute. I'm going to have to make one. It's called Jeweled Moose & Coneflowers. Her website is riverviewquilts.net. I'm going to check it out as soon as I finish this. I also got really cute Santa stick notes and pen, cute candy cane notebook, blue/purple batik fabric (I love batiks and blue/purple fabric), a cute fabric panel, a book, Old Maid's Puzzle, a Terri Thayer quilting mystery. Can't wait to read that. And some yummy Lindt Lindor Truffles. Thank you so much again, Karla. Love everything!
    Old 11-21-2010, 08:20 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by Up North
    My tracking shows my secret pal 's was delivered Friday but no word yet from her.
    Hey Donna, I do believe that's me. Am not home yet, still in Atlanta, son was out of town till this evening so he called me just now to say mine had arrived. Have not seen it yet but from the sounds of what he told me was in my pkg I am gonna love it all. I will post a proper thank you on Tuesday as we will be traveling all day tomorrow.
    Old 11-21-2010, 08:35 PM

I'd like to do a Dec. swap too. I wouldn't mind helping out if help is needed, whether it be hosting, answering emails, what have you. I'll have plenty of time in Dec. as school is over in two weeks! :D
    Old 11-21-2010, 08:51 PM

If there is a Dec swap, I would like to be in it too. :-)
    Old 11-21-2010, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by seymoore
    Ditto!
    Old 11-22-2010, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by seymoore
    And me.