Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35 >

November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35

November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35

Old 12-04-2010, 05:30 PM

Maybe we should know who our SP's are. That way we would be accountable to each other. Instead of Secret Pal we could be QS's, Quilting Sister's. and instead of giving/receiving the same things (FQ's, magazines, pins, needles, chocolate,etc., we could swap a handmade item and not expect it until the end of the month. Just before sending the gift, we wold contact each other to make sure we were both ready to send. There just seems to be too many complaints that people are not sending and receiving.It also helps to e ready with a gift before you commit to send one.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Alisapao730
Maybe we should know who our SP's are. That way we would be accountable to each other. Instead of Secret Pal we could be QS's, Quilting Sister's. and instead of giving/receiving the same things (FQ's, magazines, pins, needles, chocolate,etc., we could swap a handmade item and not expect it until the end of the month. Just before sending the gift, we wold contact each other to make sure we were both ready to send. There just seems to be too many complaints that people are not sending and receiving.It also helps to e ready with a gift before you commit to send one.
Nice idea. Perhaps it is time to change a bit. if we are allowed to do another swap it's worth considering. I LOVE your name for it also...Quilting Sisters is cute. Don't be surprised if that title gets snitched. :)
Old 12-04-2010, 06:10 PM

I think we should give this a try in January if we do it then. Seems like it would encourage more accountability. And I don't mind knowing who my QS is in advance. I've seen some of the other exchanges on this board and they put the people's names right on the list for all to see!! Not Secret Santa however...we have to wait til Dec. 12th for that one :twisted:
Old 12-04-2010, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by koko
I think we should give this a try in January if we do it then. Seems like it would encourage more accountability. And I don't mind knowing who my QS is in advance. I've seen some of the other exchanges on this board and they put the people's names right on the list for all to see!! Not Secret Santa however...we have to wait til Dec. 12th for that one :twisted:
That's an interesting idea for sure; I'd be interested!

At last count on the activity posting it looks like there are still over 40 people waiting on November packages from their secret pals. This is only my 2nd swap, and, although it is great fun preparing and sending my package off to my secret pal, it is a little disheartening to still be waiting, and wondering if my pal forgot about me...and knowing that 40-some other people are in the same boat. No wonder Suzanne gets a bit frustrated with administering these~ she's an angel to even consider continuing!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by azwendyg

At last count on the activity posting it looks like there are still over 40 people waiting on November packages from their secret pals. This is only my 2nd swap, and, although it is great fun preparing and sending my package off to my secret pal, it is a little disheartening to still be waiting, and wondering if my pal forgot about me...and knowing that 40-some other people are in the same boat. No wonder Suzanne gets a bit frustrated with administering these~ she's an angel to even consider continuing!
I received my Nov SP gift last week due to some unusual circumstances but I do see that there are many more who have received nothing. It was my first time trying this but for those who have not received something it is disheartening. I agree Suzanne should be nominated for sainthood for taking this project on and trying to keep track of everyone and their SPals. I also wonder if there is any way to not allow people to sign up for one month after they do not follow through once.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:48 PM

I received my Nov SP gift last week due to some unusual circumstances but I do see that there are many more who have received nothing. It was my first time trying this but for those who have not received something it is disheartening. I agree Suzanne should be nominated for sainthood for taking this project on and trying to keep track of everyone and their SPals. I also wonder if there is any way to not allow people to sign up for one month after they do not follow through once.

By reporting it for sure is the way to go on that one. It's not easy to keep track of everybody and we count on you guys to let us know when you receive them and if there is any problems. We try but we are still human (grins). It also is good to have a stash of substitute elves who can help pitch in and I would like to thank those who volunteered for me.

Thanks.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:50 PM

On a side note....please put which swap you are sending and/or receiving for since us coordinators are usually dealing with more than one swap at a time.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
On a side note....please put which swap you are sending and/or receiving for since us coordinators are usually dealing with more than one swap at a time.
Thanks, Bonni! You're a brave gal to take on this swap responsibility, and your efforts are very much appreciated!

I'm kind of still waiting and hoping for November; it's possible that the mail may be a bit slow, or something unforeseen happened to my SP, and she'll still come through. At what point should I give up?
Old 12-04-2010, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Thanks, Bonni! You're a brave gal to take on this swap responsibility, and your efforts are very much appreciated!

I'm kind of still waiting and hoping for November; it's possible that the mail may be a bit slow, or something unforeseen happened to my SP, and she'll still come through. At what point should I give up?
I never give up. :) You will get a package from somebody. I know that some people have problems with the weather and with holiday shipping so don't give up. Feel free to PM me if you get anxious and I can try and contact your secret pal to see if it was sent and the details, etc.

Hang in there. Everybody here really IS a good bunch of people.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Ida

I received a Pm from Bonnie asking if I received my package yet. No, I haven't, and just didn't want to be complaining, so figured it was just late, or post office was in their usual slowdown at holidays. I called PO Friday, and they said they didn't have it. So, maybe Monday? Not getting too worried yet.