Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: October Fat Quarter (FQ) Swap

I open my pictures with paint. Then hit the resize button and switch the size to 25 % Have no idea what the size is but it will work then on here.Good luck
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Oh my goodness, Sheri, you will check for more of that darling fabric for me, really?? What a nice offer!! I would love 1 yard, but will take whatever. If they do have more, I want to pay you for it, and pay the postage. Um, see Tlambing, sometimes unbecoming begging works!!!

Ellie, I also open my pics with paint, go to resize, make sure pixel box is checked, put 640 on first line, second line auto fills, hit ok, then save it. It works fine so far.

Brat, I betcha your hubby thinks you are a pretty gal. I just think some men (lots of em) give compliments a tad backwards...like him saying he fell for you due to your strength. If that's the case, I know he has to think you're beautiful! You're one of the strongest people I know!! Ok, cue Hallmark card commercial music.... My dh doesn't drink either...or hasn't in 30 years. I must say he always makes me feel beautiful, this is where that old saying "Love is blind" comes into play!! We both just have the same twisted sense of humor. Since we have been together since I was 16 and he was 18, then married right after I graduated high school, seems our humor works for us! Actually I tease and say we married for love, stayed married so there wouldn't have been a custody fight over our son, now that son is grown we stay together because both of us are so old and decrepit no one else would have us!! But truthfully he is my best friend...and he never says a word about my quilting addiction! He may give a side glance, or a lil "Sure you needed that honey" when I am showing new "pretties", but that's all. AND, I don't gripe about his fishing, hunting, woodworking, or working with our son on hubby's "real love", the 1967 Camaro he bought when he was 14.
    In spite of my occasional grousing, life truly is good! Now I am going to hush before all of you gals are snoring...
    K
    Have to say that fq that looks like lattice pie crust has me hankering for pie now...just sayin'...
    Last edited by kiffie2413; 11-08-2013 at 11:39 PM.
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

yeah we have a warped sense of humor in this house too.. and it works for us .. mine stuck with me through the worst so I humor his idiot behavior when it hits him. and fishing I LOVE when he goes fishing, that is three whole quiet sewing hours.. when it snows or something I want to pout and kick things means no fishing. He is a doll and could care less if I quilt but interrupting me with some chat every 10 minutes kills me.

I do believe that does look like pie crust now that you said that. Power of suggestion or what???? pie is good I love a good piece of Cherry pie with vanilla icecream.. oh yeah reminds me of high school. Probably had it once since then but as a kid we would go to marie calendars and all get pie al la mode .. the boys loved it such big servings .. I bet you I have not had more than four slices of pie since then.. wow.. now I WANT SOME tooo. Kiffie I am sure my thighs will be thanking you for this one.. sigh.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Love all of the fabric beautiful.
    As far as good looks... When you look at beauty but it is flawed by ugly it just becomes ugly and you quickly want to be rid of it and if you look at someone or something that looks unappealing to you, you search first for something that is beautiful and if you find it you cherish it and keep it and continue to find all of its beauty. I personally prefer the latter.
    sewellie: This was made by my Husband's aunt. I got it as a throw away and when I looked more closely at it I found where she had patched worn out areas on it and I think it was one of her favorites and became more special to me. Ever once in awhile when I see a patched area I visualize her mending it.
    elisabrat... I love aprons as well and can't function without one on me with a tea towel or rag hanging in front.

Here are the many, many FQ's I received from WMUTeach. Love them. Thanks Linda. They are great. You were so generous. I really appreciate it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Power Poster
    Received some beautiful fat quarters and 1/2 yard of scarecrow fabric plus a pumpkin from SheriR. Hopefully tomorrow will be able to post a pic.

Wow with so many many fat quarters you wont mind sending me that pumpkin fabric! its great and I have not seen that one love how the tops are such a fun green.. I think this is like going through the hancocks of Paducah catalogue. I want it all . each page is one of this and one of that and oh maybe two of those... if you haven't seen that catalogue I suggest you order one.. its so fun to poke through. I keep mine til the next time one comes out. I don't always shop there mind you but its a good place to see a lot in one spot. wonderful color combo ideas..
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by sustraley View Post
    Here are the many, many FQ's I received from WMUTeach. Love them. Thanks Linda. They are great. You were so generous. I really appreciate it.
    Can't ya just see a table topper made from them. Maybe a Dresden plate one.
    Mary

Or a Dresden turkey made from them. Yes, Elisabrat, that catalogue is wonderful to look at. Like a kid looking through a toy catalogue.

funny you both saw a fan type of design with those fq's I saw immediately two different table runners the black and lights as one and the oranges and plaids another...
    Linda

Power Poster
    Thanks SheriR for the beautiful fat qtrs and also the 1/2 yard of scarecrow fabric. So sweet of you.Name:  Fat Quarters 002 (Small).jpg
Views: 121
Size:  60.2 KB

Love the scarecrow fabric the best. I never seen one with female scarecrows.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Great fqs coming in!
    Um, going to tell on myself..on all the awesome fqs WMUTeach sent, where y'all "saw" a dresden runner, or 2 different runners, when I read that I thought to myself all I saw was awesome fabrics!! Not very creative, am I???
    K

I totally understand kiffie2413.

OMGosh, I was just looking back at some of the beautiful fabrics received this month. What a wide assortment. We are so blessed to have brenda21. She has definitely enriched our lives (and my stash of FQ's). Thank you brenda21 for doing this for us.
    Enough mush! Now I want all of you to hand over those fabrics!!! I mean it!!! I want them.
    I have no special talents, I am only passionately curious.
    Albert Einstein

sorry Jvan but I am the fabric thief in this swap and well no room for two of us. Your going to have to find another job.. I say this as I looked at the scarecrow fabric and well there is that TURKEY fabric and the world knows how much Brat loves turkeys so.. I think I know whos house I am going to go have a cup of coffee and while your getting me that cream .. slippery fingers and all...
    Linda

Brenda does a wonderful job with this swap. Don't forget to leave her positive feed back. Mary
    Mary

Ok I'm new at all this...How do you leave feedback?

under someone's avatar says feedback score. like yours says 0 in green click on it to open the page to leave feedback for that person.
    Mary

I received my FQ from crafty-kid LOVED LOVED them. THANKS
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCORE! those are gorgeous!!!
    Linda

Very pretty JuanitaBean. They look so nice together.
    Mary

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Anyone seen a new sign up yet?

Blog Entries
    Great fqs, JuanitaBean! I also got lovely Batiks from Crafty-kid..
    Haven't seen a new sign up yet, Jaba.
    Kif

Blog Entries
    Oh, so pretty, JuanitaBean! Crafty-kid, what an awesome collection!!
    sewellie

It takes real skill to choke on air, fall upstairs and trip over completely nothing .... I have that skill!!!

My plate may be full, but my cup runneth over with blessings.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast