October Mini Quilt Swap

Old 10-06-2014, 06:10 PM

Ok Kif. I love what I see so you can send both. That way I don't have to choose. And no, Brat, they are both mine!
Old 10-07-2014, 12:04 AM

Gave me a smile Klaws.. I worked on them until 2 a.m. Which I have terrible insomnia, so at least something productive to do besides lay in bed reading QB and sighing because I can't sleep...lol

I got all the applique sewn around each piece and the lil borders on.
Every time I decide on a quilt with itty bitty applique pieces I tell myself it'll be the last time I work on one that small.
Then I decide on another one with itty bitty pieces, and start the process all over again.. Lol.

Honestly, I just like doing applique. Brat loathes it, I love it. But she likes regular piecing.. Me?? Not so much..
Again, I think it's nice we all like different things, gives the world variety.

Plus I like "designing" things. Term design used loosely. As I often use color book pages as applique inspiration. Or I see a quilt I like, and more often than not, can't find the pattern. With applique it's not too hard to "sketch" it out. Certainly the only way I can draw, otherwise it's stick figures. Hmm, a stick figure quilt... maybe next month's mini..lol

All I have left to do on yours is add some hand embellishments and bind...hoping to be finished to mail next week.. Does that work for you? I'm fine with mailing whenever, I just don't want to make you wait.

Kif

Can't wait to see the full quilt, Jaba!
Old 10-07-2014, 05:01 AM

Kif, I'm like you. I like to applique and usually get involved with little teeny pieces. My problem is trying to sew down all those little teeny pieces. My inspiration comes from pictures where I try to duplicate what I see and give it my own little twist. I know you will like what I'm making. I love it and wish I can keep it myself. But, I have to make a sacrifice and send it to you. I will be working on it for the next couple days and be ready to mail next week also.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:59 AM

I have to laugh at kiffie's drawing ability - it mirrors mine; I too gather inspiration from other pictures and put my own twist on it - but the stick figures has me thinking of a stick man with a pumpkin stuck on his head running around screaming for help - "Help!!! Get this thing off my head"

I'm just learning to applique - my hands are to large and stiff and tend to cramp to do needle turn so must learn to use my machine.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:18 AM

I too LOVE appliqué. I love the freedom of creativity it allows and also the rhythm of the machine as it trudges along. I have done a little bit of needle turn and find that soothing too. I am starting in a "Janiacs" group in January and I plan to needle turn all of my appliqué pieces. I just can't wait to get started!

I just have the binding to put on my mini...should I do black? black?? or black???
Hmmm I think I'm going with black This one was so much fun! I was able to design it, piece it, appliqué on it and add a few extras. Couldn't have been more fun!

Hoping to get it mailed soon so Ms. Shak can enjoy it for HALLOWEEN!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:23 AM

Sigh. Haven't started my mini yet. I have a design, and am lacking one specific background fabric. So, going to a quilt show on Saturday and hope to find the perfect background to show off my latest design (I'm going with paper piecing again). So I guess I better jump on it Sunday and get it finished so that I can get it shipped out to Brat next week!
Old 10-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Power Poster

Jaba that sneak peak looks very nice. I think I see acorns at the bottom, and very nicely stitched. I can't wait to see it.
I know I will be longer on yours, but I will be working on it today. I hope it will be something you like. The one thing I don't have is an embroidery machine. My son bought my daughter in law one not long ago, but I have to catch them home which is hard to do. He has been after me to come over to use it.

Tlambing from the neat sneak peek I seen you do want to bind in black. Tlambing what is a "Janiacs" group?

Kiffie in your sneak peak I seen some little feet peeking out. (cute)

MizMelly it's ok, because we have to stretch the swap out some don't we? I hope to get mine done, and not stretch mine out for Jaba too much.

Happy Sewing Everyone!
Old 10-07-2014, 11:24 AM

Here is a little witch quilt I made for my on going collection of Witch's It is 12 1/2 "
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 10-07-2014, 11:58 AM

That's so cute, Letsquilt! I love the look on that witch's face!
Old 10-07-2014, 12:52 PM

Letsquilt, I love the witch!