October Mini Quilt Swap

Old 10-07-2014, 01:38 PM

Great witch!
Old 10-07-2014, 02:00 PM

Kiffie, I just might have your mini finished and ready to mail by the end of the week. I just have to quilt it and bind it. That is, if I can figure out how I want to quilt it. This is a tough one.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:02 PM

Beverly, I have mailed your little package today.you should get it Saturday 11th.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it
Old 10-07-2014, 05:11 PM

Letsquilt,
uper cute witch!

Tlambing,
I'm not sure, but maybe go with er, black??!!

Dabbler,
cute idea to make a mini...the stick figure part could be machine or hand embroidery, like thick chain stitch or something, with running legs, stick arms reaching up to lil applique pumpkin head..maybe a spooky tree with an owl (stick figure body, owl head maybe)??.. some bats in front of a crescent moon...a lil spider spinning a web in tree branch...

MizMelly,
It honestly took me longer to pick fabrics for my minis than it did to applique them. So I understand needing the "right" fabrics. My ddil told me if I didn't have so much fabric it would be easier... She's right.

JuneBillie,
Just don't have an embroidery machine either. I do most of mine by hand, or use some of the decorative stitches my Janome 7700 or Juki HZL-400 have.

Klaws,
I'm in no hurry.. and I'll confess, I kinda wanted to keep mine, too... So we'll both be sacrificing this month. HAHA!
My lil granddaughter came over tonight, she saw both of mine, and she said "Oooh, Grammy, I love this lil bitty quilt". It was so funny because her voice got higher and sing songy as she said it..
I agree appliqueing around some of those tiny fabric bits was um, interesting. I just turn the hand wheel by, well.. hand on the tiniest pointy areas.
I agree on the quilting part. Sometimes it's hard deciding how to quilt when it's applique! I know some people make the applique part of the quilting, but I don't like the stitching being on the back like it is...just my preference.
Kif
Old 10-07-2014, 05:41 PM

JuneBillie no problem, take your time. This was a brand new technique for me so you are the experiment, OMG aren't you so excited over this. I think it came out pretty good so hope it will work for you. Not perfect but I tried.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:55 PM

Thank you everyone! glad you all like my witch,I love Halloween and fall! I can't wait to see pictures starting to come in,there will be some real cute ones!
Old 10-08-2014, 03:47 AM

Letsquilt,
I meant super cute witch.. but it came out as a cross between super and uber...to uper!
Sometimes my auto correct makes less sense than I do. And that's not easy to do
K
Old 10-08-2014, 06:29 AM

Love the witch letsquilt! I'd love to see some of the other witches you've made, since you have a series going! Fun! Cute little quilt stand too.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:37 AM

that witch is very cute!

Kiffie nothing wrong with me asking you know? lol.. love that your doing all that applique. your NUTS! grin..

I am gifted with some fabric steam a seam type stuff from Jaba. She had a small bit she could share with me and that means I can finish my wall hanging!!! that cat I am sewing has so many pokey fur things that I was so worried that I could never do it just by machine with out a bit of help with sticking it down first. I am just not that good at applique to do it. PHEW .. (thank you Jaba!) its a busy day ahead of me. Now I can get this thing done by Sat. or Sun the latest. lucky thing is Halloween comes every year so even though it cant hang for the entire month it is good to go for next years adventures. tada!
Old 10-08-2014, 09:25 AM

Ah, well, last night I made the command decision on background fabric. Yep, started my paper piecing too!! I've got lots and lots of parts to do, so only getting about 6 or 7 parts done per night, but should have it done by Friday, and then because Saturday is a long day going north to a quilt festival, I should be able to sandwich, quilt and bind on Sunday??!! I am going to hate giving this one up too....
But it is going to be so damned cute, I can't stand it!!
I'll have to make a 2nd one for myself......