Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: October Secret Pal Sign-ups: Closes September 30 @ 11:59 PM. Come join the fun!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Today I received a second package from Annaquilts. Thank you so much for the Fat Quarter bundle of Grudge fabric. They are super, I love them. This is going over the top. Know that I really appreciate what you have done.

Hugs Anna

BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

You are welcome. Glad you like the FQ bundle. Enjoy!
    Anna Quilts

Just a reminder... packages need to be mailed by Saturday. Please remember to let me know when you have mailed and when you have received. Thank you everyone!
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Secret pal, your package is on the way! You can expect it by Saturday. Once again, I forgot to put a note in it. I don't know why that is such an issue for me, but it probably has something to do with age. Anyway, I hope you like what I picked out for you.
    Gaijin, are you going to Keepsake Quilting? My husband's favorite part of that store is the porch lined with rocking chairs!

Yes, we went to Keepsake Quilting and it was lovely!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Secret Partner you should receive your package Monday the 21st. Hope you enjoy it. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Came home to a lovely package!

I received my swap package today from Mary Christine! Fabrics, bobbin clips, quilt charms, beeswax and holder for my needles, a Thanksgiving towel, lovely Fall socks, two spools of thread, a novel, and snacks for my "little" 80 lb. puppy. Take a look!

Many thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bullock2us, I forgot the note, you should have received your package today. I have a note for you in a PM.

Today I received my goodies. Mr. Darcy was all over it because he knew there was something in there for him. Once I gave him one of his treats, he left me to enjoy mine.

Thank you so much Brenda K. These goodies will definitely help me decorate my home for autumn. Perfect timing because I am having a small dinner party on Thursday.

Will take a picture and have it posted by tomorrow.

Thank you fir my secret pal package. I received it yesterday. I woke up and it was at my door. Some beautiful fabrics in my colors aqua, creams, batiks. Adorable wool pincushion with a sheep on it. Memories of an Ireland trip. some rose pearl pins. clips, thread, and these mini spring scissors also a few more things. Thank you so much cuppy

Hopefully my secret pal should get hers today.

Have not heard anything from my secret pal. As the host, I know I should not get bummed, but I do and I am.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

I am also waiting still. Want to come and hang at my quilt room for the day? Good things come to those that wait. Maybe the postal is having fun with our packages? Can't wait to see if there is something in this afternoon's mail.
    Anna Quilts

Anna, I wish I could pop in and quilt together.

Life has been so rough lately. My sons' dad broke his back in a car accident on Saturday. He has no one so we have all be pitching in to help him. They are going to release him from the hospital today and he has no one to care for him. Since my husband is off work with the broken wrist, he is helping the best he can. I am just overwhelmed.

The secret apl package I sent was delivered Tuesday last week and I have heard nothing.

Anna, hav4boys, can I join you in a virtual sew-in. Heard some news last night that has me a little blue.

Hope you get your package of goodies soon. DS

Took this quickly before heading out with my mom who is visiting this week.

This took my breath away. It was such a boost on a difficult day. Thank you Brenda K. I am having some people over on Thursday to meet my mom and I will enjoy using these decorations. Loved the old quilter’s magazine. I miss those ones.
    Name:  CB31E6A0-0D02-4F59-A26F-2E52D9C0920B.jpeg
Views: 54
Size:  448.0 KB

Cuppy I’m so glad to see that you recieved your package,I kept watching to see if you got it
    PMarch

Blog Entries
    Oh no! You have had such a huge run of bad luck, I’m so sorry to hear.

it is discouraging when your secret pal doesn’t acknowledge the package you sent. And you send such fantastic packages too! I always look forward to seeing what you’ve sent. Love your clues too.

Thank you for all you do to keep this swap going for us.

Quote Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
    Anna, I wish I could pop in and quilt together.

Life has been so rough lately. My sons' dad broke his back in a car accident on Saturday. He has no one so we have all be pitching in to help him. They are going to release him from the hospital today and he has no one to care for him. Since my husband is off work with the broken wrist, he is helping the best he can. I am just overwhelmed.

The secret apl package I sent was delivered Tuesday last week and I have heard nothing.
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

I received my package all the way from across the pond. It was half way open on one side but I hope everything is in it and it looks like it might be as it was full. I plan to take a picture tomorrow and post. I do not know who it is from as there is no note and it does not say on the outside of the envelop. I just want my partner to know that the amazing package she send arived and I love everything. I plan to post more tomorrow as I have not had a chance to sit and look at everything and take a picture. Thank you again!
    Anna Quilts

letsquilt I want to Thank you again.. I left off my pals name from the thank you..... thank you for such a personal choice secret pal package, Yes ths is what was on my list. Love the yardage fabrics, perfect colors and sone batiks. wool pin cushion was just right, I like the rose metal pins. sone embellishments and more, Thank you letsquilt very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    I received my package all the way from across the pond. It was half way open on one side but I hope everything is in it and it looks like it might be as it was full. I plan to take a picture tomorrow and post. I do not know who it is from as there is no note and it does not say on the outside of the envelop. I just want my partner to know that the amazing package she send arived and I love everything. I plan to post more tomorrow as I have not had a chance to sit and look at everything and take a picture. Thank you again!
    Hi Anna,

It was from me.... I forgot to put the note in.... I found it on the side when I got home from the post office. I hope you like everything.

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Smile Picture

Look at all the goodies I received from Caroline. She really made an effort to send me goodies that were on my list and I received a whopping 9 FQ of Patriotic/ Americana muted fabrics. Thread, clips, wooden buttons, lotion, a quilt book and needles to go with it to get me on my way. Look at the cute charm she made from a spool and the lavendar sachet. Thank you again Caroline.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Anna Quilts

Hi Anna,

So glad you like what I sent.... sadly not everything arrived.... there was another reel of Aurifil and a bird christmas ornament. I will make another and pick up some more Aurifil ready for the next time that I get you as my partner.

As for the Lavender..... yes, it grows in our garden although I cannot take credit for it as DH is the gardener... I just harvest, dry and shuck it!

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Hi Everyone,

I received a wonderful package from Deboarah..... I always know it is from her, even before I see it as my Westie goes mad jumping around when I get a package from Deborah as she always send Chloe something, which makes for one happy doggie!

Name:  October 2019 received from Gaijin.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  1.51 MB

Deborah, you are always a thoughtful and generous swap partner..... and my friend - thank you!

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinePaj View Post
    Hi Anna,

So glad you like what I sent.... sadly not everything arrived.... there was another reel of Aurifil and a bird christmas ornament. I will make another and pick up some more Aurifil ready for the next time that I get you as my partner.

As for the Lavender..... yes, it grows in our garden although I cannot take credit for it as DH is the gardener... I just harvest, dry and shuck it!

Hugs

Caroline
    Oh that is just wrong. I wonder who is enjoying my Christmas ornament and spool of thread? Sad but very happy with the items that did arive. Very kind of you.
    Anna Quilts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast