Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDT >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDT

October Secret Pal Swap Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDT

Old 10-03-2014, 06:50 AM

Received my two names. One I've swapped with before, and the other is new to me. Both are from "back East" with one southern and the other northern. One has a dog, the other has no pets. Both want something homemade, and I know just what I'm going to make for them. This is going to be fun!
Old 10-03-2014, 07:51 AM

Got my partners name, now to start going thru my stash and a little more shopping. Since this is only my second swap I am anxious to get started on the package. I just love this group, everyone is great and extremely talented.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:33 AM

Had my SP before -- actually quite recently, which is going to make this a little bit more challenging. Going to have to put thinking cap on ... maybe time to hit some flea markets looking for a "collection" item, and rummaging around to find something a little more unique since this person has been sewing for so long (and very accomplished in talent and skill) and assuredly has all the "necessaries" (probably multiples). Another hint -- recently expanding and reorganizing sewing area. Wish her better luck with reorganization than I'm having.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:26 AM

Well this has been a messed up day that started at 6 am. That had me making a very not happy phone call @ just past 7 as I'm trying to get out the door for an appt. with my surgeon by 8:15 which I was late due to the nasty downpour we were having that started half way there & causing some hydroplaning. Oh it was a good thing he - the retired truck driver - was driving.

Got my surgery set up for a total thyroidectomy on Oct. 27th & got todays bloodwork done. Of course this all starts at inhumane hour with out coffee. Went to McD for a hot chocolate and got a burnt cup of coffee UGGGG !!! Really?!?!

Then to the pharmacy and was told my meds couldn't get filled & had to wait for call to insurance. Good Grief I called these is on Tuesday for Friday pick-up. Come home played phone tag with an answering machine ... before going through the front desk & to the supervisor who gave me riot act over the phone... not caring what I have to do in order to have ride to go to big town to do the shopping for my month...... and top it off the coffee pot only made a half pot but at least i got some coffee in me around 3 pm.

Soooooo how was your day???? Thanks for letting me vent for a quick minute. Oh I did get my secret name and I'm now got the wheels spinning at half speed in the thought processing center.
Tricia

Last edited by Quercus Rubra; 10-03-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:20 PM

I GOT my s pal name too and its also going to be a challenge as I have had this person just recently also. Never thought about keeping track of what I sent to who.... will be fun though!!! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:19 PM

I got my name and I'm compiling a goodie bag for her already. Now I'll have to think of some clues to share.

Tricia
Old 10-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
Had my SP before -- actually quite recently, which is going to make this a little bit more challenging. Going to have to put thinking cap on ... maybe time to hit some flea markets looking for a "collection" item, and rummaging around to find something a little more unique since this person has been sewing for so long (and very accomplished in talent and skill) and assuredly has all the "necessaries" (probably multiples). Another hint -- recently expanding and reorganizing sewing area. Wish her better luck with reorganization than I'm having.
It's me, it's me, it's me!!!! I just know it! YAY!!!!
Old 10-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Swap Hosts

Tricia, I sure hope your day got better. Keeping you in prayer that your surgery is fast and successful and that you have an easy recovery.

I have my pal and I'm so excited! I went shopping today for her and now am ironing and cutting and getting ready to stitch. DH is working the 4 to midnight shift, my son and DIL are out for the night, so it's just me and the dogs. Fortunately (unfortunately?) one is too lazy to come down here unless he thinks there are snacks, and the other one is scared of the steps. So pal ... back to work I go ... hint: She likes a certain type of bird ... Whoooooo could it be? Do you give a hoot?
Old 10-04-2014, 03:54 PM

It's gotta be me! I love owls!
Old 10-04-2014, 03:56 PM

I'm trying really hard to find my SP's most wanted item but I fear I may be unsuccessful. It's not an easy item to find! I am trying though, that should count for something.