Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes Sept 30th 4pm CST >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes Sept 30th 4pm CST

October Secret Pal Swap Closes Sept 30th 4pm CST

Old 10-21-2015, 06:55 AM

Am getting a tad worried - my pals package still appears to be at Kennedy, New York waiting to be sent onwards . It has been there since the 13th !! Hope it gets sent on soon to the recipient. Sad pal here !
Old 10-21-2015, 09:19 AM

Deltadawn do not be sad. You cannot help custom hold ups. I am sure your SP understands.

Originally Posted by deltadawn View Post
Am getting a tad worried - my pals package still appears to be at Kennedy, New York waiting to be sent onwards . It has been there since the 13th !! Hope it gets sent on soon to the recipient. Sad pal here !
Old 10-21-2015, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
Deltadawn do not be sad. You cannot help custom hold ups. I am sure your SP understands.
Bless you Anoka Quilter ! .... Just really worrying as I hate to feel I have let someone down .....and then have to make them wait even longer should I have to replace the package and send out another . Thank goodness I have tracked and signature required on delivery - so it is insured .
Old 10-21-2015, 03:08 PM

My package is making it's way east of me. Big hint - hopefully you will be home to get it!
Old 10-22-2015, 01:03 PM

Deltadawn you are so welcome. A couple of months ago I found out that the flat rate envelopes go for the same rate (up to 4 pounds) as what I paid a few years ago for an overseas regular envelope that was only one pound so now I use the padded flat rate ones when I do overseas and cram it as full as I can.[/QUOTE]

Starshine, are you saying they let you use the flat rate envelopes to send overseas?????? Do they limit it the 4lbs or can you stuff it as full as you want? This is great news if this is how it is. Hoping you say yes to these questions. Wish postal people would tell you these things. Thanks!!!
Old 10-22-2015, 01:08 PM

Bullock2us the bows you have in your pic, are they for hair? I need to figure out how to make some of those to use for my hair. I always pull my hair in a pony tail now and go through the wraps in several months with the usage of everyday. Those are super cute!
Old 10-23-2015, 09:04 AM

Starshine, are you saying they let you use the flat rate envelopes to send overseas?????? Do they limit it the 4lbs or can you stuff it as full as you want? This is great news if this is how it is. Hoping you say yes to these questions. Wish postal people would tell you these things. Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

I discovered this on the usps.com website. A few years ago I had Gaijin in Japan and at that time I thought it would be about the same as one I had sent to Canada. Found out overseas is higher rate than Canada. and at that time the postal clerk told me overseas it was$26 (and change) for up to 4 lbs. and higher if over 4#. So anyway I checked the usps website under "calculate a price" a few months ago when sending to Scotland to get an idea of what it would cost and the site listed 'flat rate' as one of the options and the padded envelopes came in at the $26(+) for up to 4 pounds so I have used the flat rate and stuff it when going overseas. I think if it is overseas and more than 4 lbs. it will be higher.
Canada was about half of the overseas rate so I don't know what flat rate there would be but if you are sending to Canada or Mexico they have a lower rate than overseas for mail-I guess cause it is on the same continent.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:03 AM

[QUOTE=deltadawn;7351509]Am getting a tad worried - my pals package still appears to be at Kennedy, New York waiting to be sent onwards . It has been there since the 13th !! Hope it gets sent on soon to the recipient. Sad pal here ! [/QUO

deltadawn got your package today and its worth the wait. Got some awesome homemade gifts and another Eleanor burns book off my wishlist at Amazon. Thank you Thank you

[ATTACH=CONFIG]533944[/ATTACH]
Eleanor Burns book & Mini Trio Quilts Pattern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]533945[/ATTACH]
FQ
[ATTACH=CONFIG]533946[/ATTACH]
Thread Catcher
[ATTACH=CONFIG]533947[/ATTACH]
Rotary blades, seam ripper, nail file & Lotion
[ATTACH=CONFIG]533948[/ATTACH]
Cute bowtie potholder, pin cushion, kleenex holder
[ATTACH=CONFIG]533949[/ATTACH]
Real cute owl keychain and cutest little owl bag.
Attached Thumbnails eleanor-burns-book-quilt-pattern.jpg   fat-quarters.jpg   thread-catcher.jpg   rotary-blades-thread-ripper-emeory-board-lotion.jpg   pot-holder-pin-cushion-kleenex-holder.jpg  

owl-keychain-little-bag.jpg  
Old 10-23-2015, 11:55 AM

Verna - I am so happy you like everything - you are most welcome .
Old 10-23-2015, 02:21 PM

Yes, don't you just love the Owl bag. I also received one when I was Deltadawn's SP and just love it.