Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 2407

Thread: October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

  1. #251
    Super Member candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE The Sunshine State
    Posts
    4,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Quote Originally Posted by cannyquilter

    What about international any postings for anywhere outside the US?

    Canny
    I am....
    :mrgreen:
    And where out of the US? :XD:
    A country I have visited, Sue :mrgreen:

  2. #252
    Super Member Tussymussy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK side of the pond
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Quote Originally Posted by cannyquilter
    Is this for real or are you just trying to throw others off the scent. I know there are not many international swappers but we are from several countries so you could try to be a little more specific, come on you are a stalker you know we need a little more info if we are to get anywhere near as good as you at stalking

    Canny
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Quote Originally Posted by cannyquilter

    What about international any postings for anywhere outside the US?

    Canny
    I am....
    :mrgreen:
    Canny, of course I am telling the truth. One of my SPs is international. Ok, here is a hint: you don't only quilt, you sew too :mrgreen:
    I'll post more hints as I go.
    I sew too! Darn it the next clues did not help. I love purple but did not mention I hate black licorice......... where did you visit in the UK, Candi?

  3. #253
    Super Member candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE The Sunshine State
    Posts
    4,071
    Quote Originally Posted by mooretll
    Got my name will put togather and ship this week.
    Debbie, where is your package going this month my friend. Surely can't be me. :?:

    As a matter of fact, no hints sound like me anymore.

  4. #254
    Super Member kriscraft99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Upstate, SC
    Posts
    3,236
    Candi & Stacey - I do the same thing or I search for "snowman applique" or whatever applique I'm wanting to find :thumbup:
    Kris

    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Quote Originally Posted by SLHughes
    Quote Originally Posted by wanda lou
    Ohh the tea rowel is so cute, good job.
    I want to learn how to applique.
    Applique is so easy ... it is now my new addiction. I cant wait to do my next one ... maybe a Christmas one ... Snowman, Santa, Christmas Tree ...

    I know that I will be putting on my information on my next swap .... Applique designs. (Hint Hint ... for whoever has my name this month) :wink:
    Stacey, I love applique too, both fusible and with the templates( by machine). Here is a tip for you, google the coloring pages for whatever shape you are looking for. Whatever applique design I am looking for, I just type in say "snowman coloring pages" and many hits show um, and you can just select your favorite.

  5. #255
    Super Member candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE The Sunshine State
    Posts
    4,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Quote Originally Posted by cannyquilter
    Is this for real or are you just trying to throw others off the scent. I know there are not many international swappers but we are from several countries so you could try to be a little more specific, come on you are a stalker you know we need a little more info if we are to get anywhere near as good as you at stalking

    Canny
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Quote Originally Posted by cannyquilter

    What about international any postings for anywhere outside the US?

    Canny
    I am....
    :mrgreen:
    Canny, of course I am telling the truth. One of my SPs is international. Ok, here is a hint: you don't only quilt, you sew too :mrgreen:
    I'll post more hints as I go.
    I sew too! Darn it the next clues did not help. I love purple but did not mention I hate black licorice......... where did you visit in the UK, Candi?
    England my friend :mrgreen:

  6. #256
    Super Member kriscraft99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Upstate, SC
    Posts
    3,236
    Verna Sue - it's me!! it's me!! I'm your Secret Pal, I know it :thumbup:

    Quote Originally Posted by verna2197
    I got my SP name and almost have her firmy ready. Going into town tomorrw and pick up a couple more things, then it will be in the mail. I can say this she does not like caramel. I sure hope you like your firmy. Will post more when I get it into the mail. Sorry but I am not going to be able to make you anything personal. My sewing room is in a mess and I can't get to my machine right now. We found a store that was going out of business and purchased a 10' table with cubbies under it for $50.00. Of course we had to cut the table in half just to get it out of the store. My DH is going to shorten the legs one one of the cutoffs and that is where I am going to be sitting with my machine dropped down into the table. Will post pictures as we go along. Never thought about getting a picture of the table before we cut it but we have it sitting together right now so I can go ahead and take a pic of that.

  7. #257
    Super Member TOOMANYUFO'S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    Wow my two SP's are like day and night. One is going to be a challenge to fill, going to have to use all my shopping skills on that one! The other is going to get some of my oldie stuff I love finding!
    Yup same here! And then I am somewhere in the middle :mrgreen:

    Ok more hints:
    One of my pal's least favorite colors is purple. And one of my pal's least favorite candy is black licorice. And I am not telling if that is the same pal or not, could be two different people I am talking about :mrgreen:
    Candi, I hate black licorice. 5 sp now. This month I will be stalking harder and not getting so mixed up, I am going to keep track of all the possibilities.

  8. #258
    Senior Member Moedeenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    659
    Our Quilt Guild took a bus trip to "The Airing of the Quilts" in Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania Saturday and we had such a wonderful time. Here is a picture of one of the Harvest Families who greeted us on their porch...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #259
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,836
    Blog Entries
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Lori,
    Take your time, we are a very patient bunch :mrgreen:
    And again, thanks for all you do.
    No we're not.

  10. #260
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,836
    Blog Entries
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Ok more hints:
    One of my pal's least favorite colors is purple. And one of my pal's least favorite candy is black licorice. And I am not telling if that is the same pal or not, could be two different people I am talking about :mrgreen:
    Foo. Candi has me. Don't go sending me that snake.

  11. #261
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,836
    Blog Entries
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Moedeenie
    Our Quilt Guild took a bus trip to "The Airing of the Quilts" in Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania Saturday and we had such a wonderful time. Here is a picture of one of the Harvest Families who greeted us on their porch...
    How sweet! I miss Pennsylvania soooo much.

  12. #262
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,836
    Blog Entries
    23
    SP, could these be for you???
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #263
    Senior Member thomp116's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southwest New York
    Posts
    692
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by walk-n-roll
    Before I go to bed - any of you who have lots of projects going - do you love chocolate - and have at least one furry friend???
    Still sounds like me, but I don't think I wrote that I love chocolate (although I do) :(

  14. #264
    Senior Member Moedeenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    659
    Yeah!!! I won two ebay auctions for my secret pals! Hopefully they will ship promptly!!!

    Both of my SP's have the same favorite and least favorite colors...One has the same breed of dog and cat as I do. One lives in the states, the other abroad. Neither list green as their favorite color although their interests or one of their favorite holidays are represented by this color.

    Krystyna, those socks are super cute!!! I love knee socks, especially with bright stripes and smiley faces on them!!!

  15. #265
    Senior Member thomp116's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southwest New York
    Posts
    692
    Blog Entries
    1
    Lots of hints flying around already! I don't think my SP is on here very much, but maybe she is lurking in the shadows! One hint.......I sometimes shop at a mall that has the same name as her town.

  16. #266
    Super Member Crafty Darlene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Crestview, Florida
    Posts
    1,404
    Good Morning everyone! It's starting to feel like fall here, only 43 which is cool for us! But I'm loving it! Thought I would add one more hint... my sp lives way north of me and she's having an even cooler morning than me!

  17. #267
    Super Member koko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    1,024
    After a difficult week I am back on the board and have tried to catch up...seems like Candi received extra packages this month from special people and is still going strong with stalking in overdrive :D :-D :lol:

    Krystyna - was there a mix up? The mailman sent your extras to someone else?

    Love those cute socks you might be sending my way - it's been very cold and windy here the last couple of days and they would be toasty warm on my feet :lol:

  18. #268
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,836
    Blog Entries
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by koko
    After a difficult week I am back on the board and have tried to catch up...seems like Candi received extra packages this month from special people and is still going strong with stalking in overdrive :D :-D :lol:

    Krystyna - was there a mix up? The mailman sent your extras to someone else?

    Love those cute socks you might be sending my way - it's been very cold and windy here the last couple of days and they would be toasty warm on my feet :lol:
    Koko - ((((HUGS))))
    The socks were actually sent to me by one of my partners over at the doll quilt swap. And I'm keeping them so I can continue to wear my flip flops all winter long
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

    As for Candi, she's no good. Don't even talk about her. She is greedy and a half. :hunf:

  19. #269
    Super Member verna2197's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,576
    hmmm I'll never tell but she is in a warmer climate than me


    Quote Originally Posted by kriscraft99
    Verna Sue - it's me!! it's me!! I'm your Secret Pal, I know it :thumbup:

    Quote Originally Posted by verna2197
    I got my SP name and almost have her firmy ready. Going into town tomorrw and pick up a couple more things, then it will be in the mail. I can say this she does not like caramel. I sure hope you like your firmy. Will post more when I get it into the mail. Sorry but I am not going to be able to make you anything personal. My sewing room is in a mess and I can't get to my machine right now. We found a store that was going out of business and purchased a 10' table with cubbies under it for $50.00. Of course we had to cut the table in half just to get it out of the store. My DH is going to shorten the legs one one of the cutoffs and that is where I am going to be sitting with my machine dropped down into the table. Will post pictures as we go along. Never thought about getting a picture of the table before we cut it but we have it sitting together right now so I can go ahead and take a pic of that.

  20. #270
    Super Member candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE The Sunshine State
    Posts
    4,071
    Woo hoo!! I am loving riding my special broom to stalk y'all!!! Wish I know who sent it to me. Can you all see me zipping by? :mrgreen:

    Koko, so glad to have you back on...I sent you a PM and I guess you didn't want to repond :wink: But big thanks for the yummy chocolate FQs you sent me :mrgreen:

    Krystyna, neither of my packages contains a snake...so rest assured if you were my pal, you will not be getting a snake from me :P

    Well, here is another hint: one of my pal's listed "grey" as either her favorite or least favorite color, and one listed bright colors as her favorite ornleast favorite colors, or maybe that is the same pal... :mrgreen:

    I made mug rugs for both of my pals, ome of them actually gave a not very subtle hint that she would like one. In a little bit, I will heading over to the LQS to quilt my fall quilt and shop for my pals. Two packages will be leaving MA tomorrow: one will be flying over the ocean, and one will be staying close to the Atlantic. :mrgreen:

  21. #271
    Super Member candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE The Sunshine State
    Posts
    4,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Quote Originally Posted by koko
    After a difficult week I am back on the board and have tried to catch up...seems like Candi received extra packages this month from special people and is still going strong with stalking in overdrive :D :-D :lol:

    Krystyna - was there a mix up? The mailman sent your extras to someone else?

    Love those cute socks you might be sending my way - it's been very cold and windy here the last couple of days and they would be toasty warm on my feet :lol:
    Koko - ((((HUGS))))
    The socks were actually sent to me by one of my partners over at the doll quilt swap. And I'm keeping them so I can continue to wear my flip flops all winter long
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

    As for Candi, she's no good. Don't even talk about her. She is greedy and a half. :hunf:
    Greedy :shock: How am I greedy. I never asked for anything more than hints. :oops:

  22. #272
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,836
    Blog Entries
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Woo hoo!! I am loving riding my special broom to stalk y'all!!! Wish I know who sent it to me. Can you all see me zipping by? :mrgreen:

    Koko, so glad to have you back on...I sent you a PM and I guess you didn't want to repond :wink: But big thanks for the yummy chocolate FQs you sent me :mrgreen:

    Krystyna, neither of my packages contains a snake...so rest assured if you were my pal, you will not be getting a snake from me :P

    Well, here is another hint: one of my pal's listed grey as either her favorite or least favorite color, and one listed bright colors as her favorite ornleast favorite colors, or maybe that is the same pal... :mrgreen:

    I made mug rugs for both of my pals, ome of them actually gave a not very subtle hint that she would like one. In a little bit, I will heading over to the LQS to quilt my fall quilt and shop for my pals. Two packages will be leaving MA tomorrow: one will be flying over the ocean, and one will be staying close to the Atlantic. :mrgreen:
    The surprise is over. It's me. No one other than Brits spells that awful non-color with an "e" and as far as being close to the Atlantic, if I go for a walk and trip, I'm IN it. You are about as subtle as a jackhammer!

  23. #273
    Super Member lawsonmugs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    7,758
    Krystyna and KoKo glad to see both of you back. Krystyna,don't ya just love those socks with toes in them.They seem warmer than regular socks.I don't think I have seen them worn with flip flops though.lol.Today I have a day planned with my daughter and good friend to meet at my daughter's and do some scrapbooking. yeah. I haven't scrapbooked in months. I have been working on recipe books. Eack binder has a topic. Like one is cookies one is home canning one is main dishes. I'm going to do a recipe page from a recipe I got off here. so of course the page theme will be computers and quilting.Everyone have a great day and play fair don't pick on Krystyna. lol Mary

  24. #274
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,836
    Blog Entries
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Krystyna and KoKo glad to see both of you back. Krystyna,don't ya just love those socks with toes in them.They seem warmer than regular socks.I don't think I have seen them worn with flip flops though.lol.Today I have a day planned with my daughter and good friend to meet at my daughter's and do some scrapbooking. yeah. I haven't scrapbooked in months. I have been working on recipe books. Eack binder has a topic. Like one is cookies one is home canning one is main dishes. I'm going to do a recipe page from a recipe I got off here. so of course the page theme will be computers and quilting.Everyone have a great day and play fair don't pick on Krystyna. lol Mary
    Yeah, don't pick on Krystyna
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

  25. #275
    Super Member dyer804's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    1,787
    Looking forward to another fun swap.

Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.