Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever
I got my package today! It was from Selfhunter, Pat! Thank you so much for the wonderful package, it definitely made my day. I got the "purple thang", I always wanted one of those, white hot chocolate, Dresden quilt book (love dresdens) large Nestle Crunch Bar, fat quarters in my favorite colors and a beautiful autumn panel! and a beautiful card! Thank you Pat!
ooooooo! ahhhhhhh! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
And the other packages, too. Nice, nice, nice.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:21 PM

My package said it was supposed to be delivered today but it is still stuck in MO - which is not the state it is going to. Maybe it'll be delivered tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:22 PM

What a treat to see so many lovely items in the packages this month. Cute dogs too
Old 10-13-2011, 06:24 PM

Reminder tomorrow is the deadline for mailing your package!! If it is not mailed tomorrow I need a pm thanks lori
Old 10-13-2011, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by thomp116
Sheila- in Erie asked me to post this picture of her package, since I am such a whiz at computers and she isn't. That is like such a lie! Anyhow, this is what she received from Gigi07. Nice package! She is thrilled!
Sorry I haven't learned how to put a picture on here yet but Kris has promised to teach me soon. I just had to show and tell!! Gigi07 sent a wonderful pkg. I loved it! I am new to the board and not sure what to put on the SP form as to what I want to receive but when I heard of Terri Thayer's quilt mysteries I thought go for it if you don't get one this month put it on again. Well... she sent 2 of them. The "firmie" was stuffed full. The "rocking" (Elvis) dish towel was for my birthday. A wall hanging for me to make (hopefully- I am new at quilting too. Xmas charm squares that are beautiful can't wait to use them. I think the other goodies show in the picture. Oh yea my dog "Lady" (dashund) got a bag of treats also. It was like Christmas early. Thanks again Gina!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:25 PM

I know Casey is part chow (black tongue and all), and I think the other half is retriever. Good tempered, although she can be a little scary sometimes when someone comes to the door. Since I live alone, that's fine with me!

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Originally Posted by thomp116
And I thought my 100 pounder was big! Actually, mine is just wide. We sort of match!
Isn't that funny! I hear we do start looking like our pets after a while! 100 lbs is big. What kind is it? The only reason why my dog is big is because when my kids were younger they wanted a dog so my request was if we have to have one please let it be a mellow dog that lays around and is not hyper and doesn't want to get on the furniture. Well we found our first mastiff and and he fit perfectly in my description. They are such good dogs and I can't say the enough that after we lost our first one my DH had to have another! Kids were gone!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer
Hey, say her whizzing by. Anyone seen Candi? This can't be her, she is prettier than this.
:mrgreen: Just a little prettier :mrgreen:
Can you see me now? :XD:
Old 10-13-2011, 06:35 PM

Great packages today! All those pin cushions are too cute, and quilt nut, I love that panel.

Mtquilter, beautiful flowers in state that is SE of of you? Took a swim on years eve and froze? Hmm....could be Florida I suppose. :P
Old 10-13-2011, 06:42 PM

I shopped for my secret pal at the locally famous Dutchman's Store in Cantril Iowa. The place has everything! I forgot my camera but my friend Kathy took a cople of pictures with her cell phone. There was about 6 rows or fabric like this, she didn't take the other side of the aisle. I told them I could live here! It is owned and run by the Amish.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-270873.jpe   attachment-270874.jpe  
Old 10-13-2011, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by fayzer
Hey, say her whizzing by. Anyone seen Candi? This can't be her, she is prettier than this.
:mrgreen: Just a little prettier :mrgreen:
Can you see me now? :XD:
There you are! Had to tease a little.