Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2407

Thread: October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

I really love the pumpkin too Mary. All of the hand made stuff is great so far. I hope my Sp likes what I made for her. It's so nice to see more people posting pics as well. It's always nice to be able to see what everyone else is getting

Quote Originally Posted by thomp116
    Quote Originally Posted by fayzer
    Great packages Skaduzy! Too funny that you got dust bunnies. HaHa
    I love your board name BTW.!
    And she didn't say anything, but Diana got that pkg ready quickly so she could be on hand for the birth of her newest granddaughter!
    Well, she packed a neat package! :thumbup:

Best wishes to Grandma, the family, and the new baby girl.

Those are the cutest tp pumpkins - perfect for the bathroom for this time of year.

Blog Entries
    OK, SP ... I know you got your package ... so ... did you like it?

And whoever is NOT my partner this month ... 'fess up! :-D

Krystyna your angel is so pretty and I know it must be even prettier in person. I'm sure they bring comfort those who receive them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starshine
    Krystyna your angel is so pretty and I know it must be even prettier in person. I'm sure they bring comfort those who receive them.
    I wish I could send one to everyone on this thread who is facing difficulties right now.

Blog Entries
    Nice packages! Love the pumpkin and I have to take a closer look at everything, but now ... off to bed!

I'll be keeping Wanda Lou, and Tussymussy in prayer for their surgeries, and anyone else on the board who will be having surgery. God bless you all.

Received my very special package from my very special swap partner, Cynthia Freeman. Cindy sure can pack a box of goodies. The package with the snowman has an angel ornament in it. Fat quarters are in all my favorite colors and the cute tissues will sure come in handy when I have to sit and sniffle at a 6th grade football game in the coming cold weather.

Cindy sent me a lovely light house picture, a popular used needle holder, which I did not have, and some heart shaped quilt block markers. Also in the box was a purse pattern with a square ruler to go with it. And some more fun stuff...
    Attached Images Attached Images

My SP's package is on the way. It is going to the home of one of the 2012 presidental candidates.

I have already provided some clues...hmmm who and where are you SP? Don't think I have seen you post on the thread

Friends I have a confession to make.I didn;t make it to the p.o. as planned,had a little car trouble.Hopefully everything is fixed and will get to the p.o. tomorrow.I haven;t been for a week so maybe a package is waiting on me?Hopefully. Maybe it is the one that moonrise is talking about.Well I;ll find out in the morning.I hope my sp will like her package,I think her furbabies might.

Blog Entries
    "♪♫♪ I got a firmy ♪♫♪", from Sarah in Ga. and it is awesome
    The box was so heavy and when I opened it, I let it sit until my husband came in so he could see it too. His first words.
    "Oh no, more material." Too funny, you know we ALL want more fabric!

I got gorgeous, handmade note cards. I write cards to soldiers and friends every week. There were Nautical pillow panels (love), 6 rolls of pretty yardage, 2 paisley FQ, dishtowls, 2 hot pads, buttons, note pad (which I need daily), frog/flower hanger (so cute) and a brand new book by Thomas Steinbeck that I can't wait to read. There is even a bookmark. WOW! I LOVED my swap package. It was awesome. Posting photos......Wait for it......wait for it.
    Wow great package. I love the note cards that you got.

Wow! Great pkgs everyone! Haven't been on the computer much, I'm trying to finish my fall quilt. The top is all pieced and I have to start quilting tomorrow. It ended up being 106 x 86. For a newbie like me that's huge! Now is when I wish I had a long arm and knew how to use it! LOL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skaduzy
    Thanks Walk-n-roll. You sent me a great package! I didn't even pick up on the hints until I looked back today. I love it all and hope I didn't forget anything.

Two pals and two great packages in 4 days! I love everything I received.

Here is what I got from Diana aka Walk-n-roll!
    I love the kitty fabric. I will have to try and find some of it for the kitty quilt that I am going to make for my DH. I showed this to him and he just loved it.

Wow! great packages received today. Love all the handmade items, that pumpkin TP holder is too cute Wanda Lou. As are all these pincushions,holders and bags, Mary. Lucky recipients.

Wanda Lou and Tussy, sending you best wishes for your upcoming eye operations, my mom had one done over the summer and she loves her new eyes. :-P

Krystyna, those angels are beautiful. And I am NOT your SP, here I am fessing up :mrgreen:

And Patty Patches, hope you get your car troubles fixed soon, as I believe you have a package waiting for you at the mailbox (not from me :P )

Blog Entries
    And she didn't say anything, but Diana got that pkg ready quickly so she could be on hand for the birth of her newest granddaughter!

So glad you and Sassy liked your package. It has been a very busy time. GB #7, Annabella, and Mom are doing well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda21
    Came home today(after one of the top 3 worst days in the history of work) and waiting for me was an AWESOME firmy from Mary (Lawsonmugs)....needless to say, after the day I had, to see her generosity and beautiful hand work, crying was involved haha..I got 3 triangles of fabric in my favorite colors, 2 quilting magazines and a pattern that I haven't seen yet, an angel 2012 wall calendar, a BIG bag of smarties (yum), and now for all the hand made goodies- a crock pot lid pot holder (really neat), a Halloween tissue holder, matching manicure case with tools, an adorable Halloween mugrug, a very cute dishtowel dress decoration, a quilting hoop with sewing notions on it that will be going on the wall in my sewing room, a really cool pin cushion that looks like a small sewing machine,a vintage needle pack and vintage sewing kit, cute Halloween poem and adorable card. Mary you were beyond generous and I LOVE everything...thank you thank you thank you....hugs
    I love all of the crafty things that she made for you. Note to Mary: If you ever get me I want them too....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Patches
    Friends I have a confession to make.I didn;t make it to the p.o. as planned,had a little car trouble.Hopefully everything is fixed and will get to the p.o. tomorrow.I haven;t been for a week so maybe a package is waiting on me?Hopefully. Maybe it is the one that moonrise is talking about.Well I;ll find out in the morning.I hope my sp will like her package,I think her furbabies might.
    Sorry about the car trouble! Hope it's fixed now. :)

As far as who the package is for, I'll just have to say "no comment"! :lol: :-P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by walk-n-roll

So glad you and Sassy liked your package. It has been a very busy time. GB #7, Annabella, and Mom are doing well.
    Congratulations. Post a picture of the new baby when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonAnne
    OK, package is ready to mail today and I printed postage online. No lines at the post office!!! Gotta love that feature and the 15% off and free confirmation... It will soon be on its way to a place where the deer and the antelope roam.
    Haven't checked my backyard, but there might be some deer and antelope back there! Something has been eating my grapes.

My backyard garden is plagued by cats, birds, rats, and spiders. See photo of a spider I ran into on Sunday. Size of a quarter, hairy and scary. Yes, it IS eating birdie doo doo. Do you make wine out of the grapes if you have any left? If so, I'll be right over.

Fleur de lis Spider sat down beside me
    Name:  Attachment-269842.jpe
Views: 19
Size:  44.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    Hey Deer and Antelope roam where I live! Lots and lots of antelope!

Maybe just maybe it is coming my way :)
    Sorry Dragon. The W in your state is upside down in the state I'm sending to.

Juli (Juli Gunderson) sent me an awesome firmie that arrived about 15 minutes after I mailed out my SP's package.

As you can see by the photos it was my pleasure to oooh and ahhhh over the fabrics - I am a winter sports person, most specifically a skater from way back, and this fabric is perfect!!!! So is the tree patterned fabric. And I have very few solid colors - the one she sent I did not have. One of my UFO's is half sandwiched with safety pins and half with clips, so the clips were really welcomed into my home... I wear out seam rippers with the speed of light and need them all over the house - big and ergonomic is perfect. Postcards from her state for my 50 year old collection..

And last, but not least, I have an amusing story about my lint brush. Bless her heart for sending me a new one. About 4 months ago, I was merrily cleaning the feed dogs and below, but my fingers are stubby and I couldn't get them down into the machine bed as I would have liked. BUT, I tried hard, and bingo, I dropped it. I tried everything to get it out - even picking up the machine and shaking it upside down. But alas and alack, the lint brush disappeared forever and got stuck beneath the mechanisms. Yes, I should take it for service, but it still sews like a dream and I always say, if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Soooo, now I have a new brush, and I HOPE there is not room enough for 2 inside my Brother....

Thanks Juli. I love everything, but that lint brush really made me smile!!!

Goodie photo #1 of 2
    Name:  Attachment-269850.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  74.7 KB

Goodie photo #2 of 2
    Name:  Attachment-269851.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  73.1 KB

My firmie is in the car and ready to go to PO in the am--will post some clues later--sorry

Blog Entries
    The fabrics that are coming in are just delieghtful!

Kinda of hard to say Favorite fabrics.... The pretty ones!

I like surprises, beautiful fabrics I may not be able to buy myself or find in a store.!\
    lots of you have such a good Nact, and finding some pretties.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonAnne
    Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    Hey Deer and Antelope roam where I live! Lots and lots of antelope!

Maybe just maybe it is coming my way :)
    Sorry Dragon. The W in your state is upside down in the state I'm sending to.
    Sounds like a northwestern M state :mrgreen:

Sharon Anne, you got a nice package, love that fabric.

Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 ... LastLast