Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • October Secret Pal Swap -  Update  11-22-10 >
  • October Secret Pal Swap - Update 11-22-10

• October Secret Pal Swap - Update 11-22-10

Old 10-31-2010, 07:24 AM

Gwyn sent me a big box just chucked full of so many wonderful things for all the holidays that will be coming up. THANK YOU. My daughter borrowed my camera so I can not take pictures of the treasures. She made some beautiful hot pads, a darling apron and pretty doily and some knick knacks for Christmas, fall and the cutiest miniture sewing machine that will hold a reminder note and a yummy vanilla scented candle and some destressing, foamy body soap. Thank you sew much. It was a fun package to open. I wish I could take some pictures now to show everyone.
    Old 10-31-2010, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey
    The USPS confirmed delivery for my SP Squishie on the 28th of October. No news from her yet. Soon I hope.
    Me too, I hope that doesn't mean she didn't like it. I figure it's only fair that I am on the bench for the sp swap, my ornaments for that swap aren't going out til Monday (the LAST day). Do you suppose there is a 12 step program for procrastinators?
    Old 10-31-2010, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by lindyline
    Wow, this bench is getting a little crowded, maybe we should get another, and a table and set up some refreshments.
    I agree,we need to brings some cards and games.
    Old 10-31-2010, 08:25 AM

Maybe I will get the graduation afghan finished!
    Old 10-31-2010, 08:54 AM

Finally figured out why my camera software wouldn't work, so here at last are the pix of my Secret Pal gifts for October. She is really secret since no card was enclosed -- all I know is that the goodies came from Illinois. Whoever you are, thanks so much. Everything you sent will be put to use soon. The yo-yo maker you sent (heart shaped) is about the only one I DID NOT have, so now my set is complete. The silk fat quarters will be put into a xmas tablerunner I'm working on, and the frog and turtle fabric will be used for a new blanket for my new grandbaby. The pattern looks simple and fast, and it will be used. The lotion is a great idea -- I like to try the samples before I invest in the real thing. You did a great job picking gifts.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-116327.jpe  
    Old 10-31-2010, 08:56 AM

Very nice squishy!
    Old 10-31-2010, 09:01 AM
    tmw

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
    Finally figured out why my camera software wouldn't work, so here at last are the pix of my Secret Pal gifts for October. She is really secret since no card was enclosed -- all I know is that the goodies came from Illinois. Whoever you are, thanks so much. Everything you sent will be put to use soon. The yo-yo maker you sent (heart shaped) is about the only one I DID NOT have, so now my set is complete. The silk fat quarters will be put into a xmas tablerunner I'm working on, and the frog and turtle fabric will be used for a new blanket for my new grandbaby. The pattern looks simple and fast, and it will be used. The lotion is a great idea -- I like to try the samples before I invest in the real thing. You did a great job picking gifts.
    Old 10-31-2010, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
    The USPS confirmed delivery for my SP Squishie on the 28th of October. No news from her yet. Soon I hope.
    Me too, I hope that doesn't mean she didn't like it. I figure it's only fair that I am on the bench for the sp swap, my ornaments for that swap aren't going out til Monday (the LAST day). Do you suppose there is a 12 step program for procrastinators?
    Lauriejo--sign me up for that program we can do it together. Yesterday I went to the Post Office--it was open but the counter was closed. Now I have to go tomorrow before 9 a.m. so it will go out with that shipment.
    Old 10-31-2010, 09:30 AM

Lauriejo--sign me up for that program we can do it together. Yesterday I went to the Post Office--it was open but the counter was closed. Now I have to go tomorrow before 9 a.m. so it will go out with that shipment.
    Hey, did anyone know you can ship USPS at Office Depot? They have everything right there and I have never had to wait. And...drum roll please...they are open 7 days a week where I live.
    Old 10-31-2010, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by lab fairy
    Hey, did anyone know you can ship USPS at Office Depot? They have everything right there and I have never had to wait. And...drum roll please...they are open 7 days a week where I live.
    I didn't know that! Does it actually go out on Sunday or do they just hold it until Monday?