Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: "Once Upon a Time In My Garden" PP Block Swap with a "Twist"

Soooo pretty Ronda! Thanks for sharing. It is always helpful and motivational to see what others are making.
    Anna Quilts

Going to the desk top to check my patterns. I have about 4 CD loaded, mostly Carol Doak's, to bad they are not compatiable for the newer operating systems.
    Thank you for the welcome, hopefully I will have better luck once I try to post pictures.
    After 2 years with the same signature I have been requested to remove it. Bye

Blog Entries
    Anyone want gnomes in their garden? There are so many possibilities with this swap so please excuse me if I go overboard.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

I love gnomes and it is one of the patterns I wrote down to possibly do but I would love some one elses gnome too. Also those pink flamingos would be cute. Atleast I like them. heheheheh

Quote Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
    Anyone want gnomes in their garden? There are so many possibilities with this swap so please excuse me if I go overboard.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Oooh flamingos! See, now we're talkin'.

BTW Anna: thanks for the great blocks from the mini swap. Lots of fun.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

I am impatiently waiting for Mother's Day. I am supposed to recieve a paper piecing book. Back to quilting my anaconda (aka Calking quilt).
    Anna Quilts

Woohoo I found you! Please count md in. I have a beehive and bumble bee I've been wanting to do.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Anyone have a pinwheel pattern with a stick? I think that would be cute. I tried to find something online but have not been able to find anything.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    SheriR, soo glad you found us! Yea! Bumble bees sound great!

Just one note on blocks everyone...so glad you're all thinking of all the fun things to make, just remember whatever's in our gardens, is real. LOL! How do ya'all feel about weeds???? Perhaps I'm the only one with weeds, and truthfully, I'm not sure I want weeds in my fabric garden...thanks! Just changed my mind.
    Ronda

Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    I'm copying a post from page one that tells all!

Welcome Anna! Of course Carol Doakes is one of the best known Paper Piecers...I own a book by Linda Causee called 100 Paper Pieced Quilt Blocks which includes a CD and the option to print out blocks from a 2" to an 8" size. There's a great section on garden blocks. I will likely use at least a couple of her designs. Maybe we can get a list going of possibilities, not to mention some of the free patterns on the internet. I'm working on a Carolina Lily right now and will post a picture when I get one block done. It's a bit time consuming.
    is the 100 PPquilt blocks book Carol Doakes as I couldn't find this title for Linda Causee? Robbi
    Robbi

Blog Entries
    ISBN

Well I have a book coming. No idea what is in it but it is for paper piecing. I have found many blocks online though and plan to use several.
    Anna Quilts

UGH! I have been trying to post a pic of the two blocks I finished but it keeps failing to upload. I know you can't preview the post after you upload the photo but before you hit post. I can't even get the thing to upload! I will work on figuring it out tomorrow. Anyway, I made one regular size block of a hand trowel and rake and a twist block of a bumble bee.

By the way, I love the idea of a garden gnome!

Well, look at this! I figured it out! I went to the help section and found out I had to resize it. Thanks to whoever writes the Help posts!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Robbi, it's Linda Causee and I found it here... http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...qid=1336710475
    At the bottom of the page.
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    Craft, your block is simply adorable! Super cute!
    Ronda

Cute tools!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

craft I love the garden tools! All the ideas are good, we are all going to have beautiful quilts.
    I printed out my patterns and learned something at the same time; one of those duh moments LOL. the pattern wanted 2 pages for one pattern, printed out one, and the second page was only like 2 lines, and looking at it I thought if it went the other way on the page it would only take one page each. I found I could set it for landscape; so my cardinals are printed out I found one perfect background fabric, not sure it there is enough for all 6, and looks like I need to go shopping for reds. Cardinal red I do prewash, and will double check there is no bleed from the red.
    After 2 years with the same signature I have been requested to remove it. Bye

Blog Entries
    Cardinals sound great! You don't have to have all the same fabrics unless you want to. It's okay to mix and match fabrics, as long as the fabric's good pre-washed 100% cotton. I often go through my scrap bins, especially when I'm making the small blocks. I have run out of tracing paper, so I need to get some more. I use regular papers when that's all I have on hand. You just have to set your stitch length lower so it's easy to tear off.
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbi24 View Post
    is the 100 PPquilt blocks book Carol Doakes as I couldn't find this title for Linda Causee? Robbi
    I found mine LC, at Amazon.com.

Craft, love your tools!

Ronda, do you hand trace all of your patterns? I have always used computer paper for my pp. If I put my index finger on the beginning of the seams I am about to rip the paper off of as I pull the paper off, it seems to work easily. With our last pp swap for every seam I sewed, I had to rip seams twice or thrice for every seam I ended up leaving. Sewwwww glad I hadn't set my stitches to tiny... LOL
    Last edited by SewExtremeSeams; 05-11-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    No Linda. I buy cheap tracing paper and cut it down to 8 1/2" x 11" and run it through my printer.

Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    I found mine LC, at Amazon.com.

Craft, love your tools!

Ronda, do you hand trace all of your patterns? I have always used computer paper for my pp. If I put my index finger on the beginning of the seams I am about to rip the paper off of as I pull the paper off, it seems to work easily. With our last pp swap for every seam I sewed, I had to rip seams twice or thrice for every seam I ended up leaving. Sewwwww glad I hadn't set my stitches to tiny... LOL
    Ronda

Quote Originally Posted by Robbi24 View Post
    I couldn't find it either and DH ordered me this one by the same author-
    http://www.amazon.com/Foundation-Qui...6767726&sr=1-1

365 Foundation Quilt Blocks-Linda Causse

I wonder what it will have in it but it had really good reviews plus it was really cheap.
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 05-11-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    I own this book as well. The blocks are mostly 7" blocks with a few 3 1/2" blocks. There are no 6" blocks, however, I think you could easily reduce patterns if you like for this swap to be 6", and it is a great choice! I have used several of the patterns in here for various projects. Just don't get lost in your book and forget to visit with us or work on your blocks...

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    I couldn't find it either and DH ordered me this one by the same author-
    http://www.amazon.com/Foundation-Qui...6767726&sr=1-1

365 Foundation Quilt Blocks-Linda Causse

I wonder what it will have in it but it had really good reviews plus it was really cheap.
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    I have trees in my garden.

Name:  Trees.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  212.2 KB
    Ronda

Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    Just don't get lost in your book and forget to visit with us or work on your blocks...
    ROFL Ronda! You are so funny. I found some other blocks in an older book and they are not the right size either. They are 4 in. finnished. I think I will have to redraw some and then xerox them off.

I really like the floral corner triangles around your trees. Very cute!
    Anna Quilts

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast