Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Pictures from Row Robin 2011 >

Pictures from Row Robin 2011

Pictures from Row Robin 2011

Old 03-19-2011, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Well, the early birds are all finished and the rest of us are just now starting to finish our second rows. Here is the row I did for AmandaB (Group 11) and a little closer look at the 3 different blocks in the row.
Oh ladies, I just love your rows, there stunning.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:03 PM

Well, the early birds are all finished and the rest of us are just now starting to finish our second rows. Here is the row I did for AmandaB (Group 11) and a little closer look at the 3 different blocks in the row.
Would love to know how you did the block in the 2nd row, last one.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Qbee
Oh how cute!! How did you do the "piping" stuff around the flowers on the end blocks and the center of the flowers in the flower pot of center block?? I'm in love!!

Thanks Qbee, glad you like it. The "piping" stuff around the flowers on the end blocks is embroidery with a really heavy thread called "Pearl Crown Rayon" by YLI.

I did the center of the flowers in the pot by Ruching a circle and squishing in where I wanted it to be and tacking it down. First attempt at that, but I thought it came out well.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:32 PM

ROFL!!! How much of a newbie is QBee??? Well I'll tell you! I had to google "ruching" to understand your comment!! I'll get there though....I learn something new every day from you talented ladies....THANK YOU!!!!

Oh how cute!! How did you do the "piping" stuff around the flowers on the end blocks and the center of the flowers in the flower pot of center block?? I'm in love!!

Thanks Qbee, glad you like it. The "piping" stuff around the flowers on the end blocks is embroidery with a really heavy thread called "Pearl Crown Rayon" by YLI.

I did the center of the flowers in the pot by Ruching a circle and squishing in where I wanted it to be and tacking it down. First attempt at that, but I thought it came out well.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:55 PM

JudyG - your row is beautiful and goes so well with AmandaB's. So exciting!!!
Old 03-19-2011, 04:21 PM

ohhh WOW!!!!
i just LOVE it!! what beautiful rows & such talented sewers!!!
it's just beautiful!!
well done ladies! this is going to be such a gorgeous quilt!!
Old 03-19-2011, 04:52 PM

ROFL!!! How much of a newbie is QBee??? Well I'll tell you! I had to google "ruching" to understand your comment!! I'll get there though....I learn something new every day from you talented ladies....THANK YOU!!!!

Don't feel bad Qbee. I've been quilting for years and years and still learn something new almost every day. This year is my year to expand my horizons, so I am doing lots more handwork than ever before. It's been lots of fun and think how more I can learn with all that's left of this year.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:27 PM

Good job.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:31 PM

I'm in group 3, 3's a Charm. I finished boohoofish's second block. Here are the pictures and close up of the fans and kites.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-172144.jpe   attachment-172145.jpe   attachment-172146.jpe   attachment-172147.jpe  
Old 03-19-2011, 05:36 PM

Wow! How beautiful!